Criminal Minds

True Genius

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 18, 2012 on CBS

• I wouldn't want Caleb or Harvey as best friends ...

The Zodiac Killer is one of those whose name we have all heard of, even if we don't know all the details of the story. When the team see the handiwork of what they believe to be a copy cat some four-plus decades later, they are quick to realise that either Zodiac has resurfaced or that the person committing the crimes has an intimate knowledge of the case. Turns out, of course, that the latter is correct but the unsub and all which was connected to him take quite a large back seat to the fact that our resident genius, Reid, finds himself questioning his role at the BAU and his life in general. Coming across others wh, like him have a genius-level IQ makes him wonder about who he is and what he is doing. Caleb and Harvey, with their incredibly clever minds are obviously murderers and the young boy at the seminar is going places too but Reid is still Reid and takes a while to realise that the BAU IS where he belongs and for those of us in fandom, that is certainly good news.

The storyline and the plot weren't great, but Reid questioning himself and his role in the world certainly was.
Hit