Criminal Minds

What Happens in Mecklinburg...

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 09, 2014 on CBS

6.8
  • Fraternity House kidnappings

When a series of kidnappings happen, the team try to see if they are connected with a death at a fraternity house a few years before.
  • not the best episode

interesting what annoys me is the increasing relevance of JJ. Garcia is great, but i don't see much of her this season Please more of Hotch Reid Garcia and Rossi.
  • What Happens

5.5
    Another dull character development side storyline with Morgan. But that was overshadowed by a dull kidnapping storyline for most of this week's episode.
  • Mixed feelings

On one side, the case was interesting, and somehow one could feel some degree of sympathy for the unsub. On the other hand, I am truly annoyed that the writers insist on including romance and family moments in most episodes. This is a crime show! And of course, since season seven, I have been annoyed at the increasing relevance of JJ, Morgan and Garcia, but this season is just plain ridiculous. JJ is the worst character ever now, and that comes from someone who was stupid enough to sign petitions all over the web so JJ would be back. I can't stand her anymore, and since she is covering every single base in most episodes, nowadays criminal minds has became very hard to watch. This episode had yet another Awful JJ Morgan moment, when I could think than virtually anyone else would had more meaninful to say to Morgan about his situation.
  • Very good!

I like the fact that Savannah didn't want to break up, but that it was Morgan who tried to make her like JJ said. Too often it's the charachters in Savannah's position that becomes the bad guy for not being able to deal with the job.

Also liked the case, cases with revenge on something that is truly terrible is always interesting, as both the victim or victims and the unsub have done something wrong. Karma is a bitch and in this case the victims did something horrible and never got punished until now, but on the same the unsub commits something equally horrible but tortuing others.

Hope the next episode is this good too!
  • Back to form!

Well after the small travesty of last week, CM hit top stride once again with what proved to be a brilliant episode. I do love these types of storylines where the killer is not exactly who you'd initially expect. To be honest they could have left the gender of the unsub a mystery for a little while longer - they seemed to say it very early - but it didn't detract from the episode at all.

?

The storyline was very good - a gang rape and a death at one party? Wow I wouldn't want to be there all right. It was an interesting storyline, and I love how the death of the boy turned out to be completely unrelated. That was well done.

I think a lot of people deserve to be sentenced for the scenes we saw perfectly honesty. I don't know why the unsub kidnapped Christy - there were bigger targets in the grand sheme of things. But then again i don't presume to understand how a killer's mind works!

My only concern is that this episode was not the continuation of what we had last week. PLEASE don't tell me that that horrible storyline is going to be in the season finale. That would be a huge disappointment.

Oh well, despite that bad episode last week, Season 9 has still been near flawless, and I think I have given a 10/10 score to about 17 or 18 of the epiosdes. I have really enjoyed the season so far, and I do hope that they finish it off in style.
  • Disappointing

The main story had potential as an idea but failed in execution. Why did they have to show the unsub and her motive so early on? Once that was shown I found myself wishing they would just get it over with and the last third of the episode seemed to drag by, Why was there so little Hotch, Blake and Rossi yet again - I am so very sick of the JJ/Morgan show. That scene on the plane between them was just bad (in a bad way!) and JJ came over even more icy and haughty than usual. And yes JJ, we all preferred you when you were the liaison! The romance sub plot was lacking in believability - why did they do this so soon after Morgan was complaining about the demands of her job? And, like the Hotch/Beth drudge, Morgan and Savannah have zero chemistry. The only half decent bit was Reid's cognitive interview - but that was mainly because Reid was looking exceptionally gorgeous in this episode.

The idea behind this episode could have made a decent episode but maybe it was down to the inexperience of the writer that it ended up to be so mediocre. Please send JJ on sabbatical for the next 12 months - we had far, far too much this season. We need some solid Hotch,Reid, Rossi and Blake as they have all been grossly underused this season - and that doesn't mean in some half baked romance or family storylines.
  • good storyline

a good storyline, but when they bring romance into a crime show, it ruins it
Hit