BLUE METH MEETS GREENDALE NEWS

... Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan, one of the nicest guys in the business, will make his acting debut on an upcoming episode of Community whaaaaaaaaaat? Yep, he'll play a "smooth-talking gold digger" who doesn't exactly assuage an argument between Abed and Annie. Community is like Mecca for the best non-household names. That means Season 5, which premieres on January 2, will feature the creators of—arguably—the greatest drama of all time and the greatest comedy of all time, as Arrested Development mastermind Mitch Hurwitz is also stopping by Greendale this season. And if you're keeping tabs on Community's Breaking Bad checklist, Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring) already appeared in Season 3, and Jonathan Banks (Mike Ehrmentraut) is on deck for Season 5 as well. Why hasn't Anna Gunn been on Community yet? [EW]

BUSINESS TIME

... FX has purchased a comedy from Wilfred director Randall Einhorn called Texts From Bennett. Based on the book and the blog of the same name, the odd-couple comedy follows a rapper whose 17-year-old white cousin thinks he's gangsta and ends up moving in with him. Or something like that. It's probably fake. [Deadline Hollywood]

... TNT has ordered APB With Troy Dunn, a reality show about missing persons that incorporates the power of social media and good samaritans while reuniting people with lost loved ones. Debuting January 17 at 10pm on TNT, APB With Troy Dunn will follow Dunn on his search for missing people and have a social-media app that accompanies the show so that viewers at home can help him in his search. Dunn was the centerpiece of WeTV's The Locator, and has helped find missing persons through his website, TroyTheLocator.com. [TNT via press release]

... Amazon has set premiere dates for its two original comedy series, Alpha House and Betas: November 15 and November 22, respectively. And everyone who can log onto Amazon will be able to see the first three episodes. After that, new episodes will be released one at a time on a weekly basis, and be exclusively available to Amazon Prime members. No binging here. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Hulu has renewed its original comedy Quick Draw for a second season. The Western comedy follows a fancy pants sheriff who uses forensics to solve crimes in a small, dusty town. Look for 10 new episodes next year. [THR]

... An upcoming episode of How I Met Your Mother will be done entirely in rhyme. I'd make this blurb mimic that, but I just don't have the time. [E! Online]

... I think this was mentioned many moons ago, but apparently it might actually become a thing for real. The stars of Workaholics—Anders Holm, Adam Devine, and Blake Anderson—are working on a movie to be produced by actor Seth Rogen and producer Scott Rudin. Holm is writing the script, but details of the project are mum. [Variety]

... Dracula lost a sizable chunk of its premiere audience in its second episode on Friday night, dropping 28 percent to a 1.3 rating among the 18-49 demo. But the reason I'm telling you this is so that I can beg you to read my Dracula review. So please, read my Dracula review. If I don't get enough page views on it, it's 40 lashes with a wet noodle. [TV By the Numbers

... NBC's midseason drama Crisis has stopped production to do some "course correcting." In other words, it's sucking. Because it's at NBC. Crisis is a political/hostage thriller starring Gillian Anderson and Dermot Mulroney. [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Anna Gunn is going to guest-star on The Mindy Project! The actress who played Breaking Bad's Skyler White will make an appearance in an upcoming episode of Mindy Kaling's Fox comedy as a gyno to the stars who Mindy adores. She'll also make an attempt to poach Mindy for her own practice. If you're going to stare at vaginas all day, they may as well be famous ones. [E! Online]

... Fox's The Following will add someone from the real world to its second season. Also, someone from the Real World. Please, take all the time you need to recover from that dazzling wordplay. Jacinda Barrett, the hot Aussie girl from 1995's Real World: London and more recently the on-screen wife of Anthony Edwards' character in the incredibly amazing sci-fi religious-doom clockumentary Zero Hour, will play a mysterious character named Julia. The Following returns January 20. [TV Line]

... Emily Wickersham, you just hit the jackpot. The actress designated as the replacement for Ziva on CBS's NCIS has already been promoted to series regular status. Wickersham's character Ellie Bishop doesn't debut until November 19, but the early promotion means she can go ahead and buy that yacht she's been eying. And hey look! Here's the first image of her on the show!

[CBS via press release]

... Nikita's Aaron Stanford will be your lead in Syfy's adaptation of 12 Monkeys. Stanford, who plays God Birkhoff on the soon-to-end CW show, will play Cole, the same character Bruce Willis portrayed in the film. Cole was sent from the future to the present to find the source of a deadly virus that decimates the population in the future. It's a really good movie that doesn't need to be made into a television show, but that's Hollywood for ya. [Syfy via press release]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 6/21/2014

Season 1 : Episode 13

32 Comments
Follow this Show
Members