Crossing Jordan Forums

NBC (ended 2007)

Jordan's mother plot

greaser_girl

[1]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 6
    I have not watched the show from the very beginning. I began to watch it through reruns. When I began to watch the reruns it was the point in the show that Jordan was trying to figure out what happened to her mom. Im assuming that plot had an ending to it (I never saw an endinf to it) since its not mentioned anymore in the new episodes and her father is not in the new epiosed either. Can someone please tell me what happened in this story line. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ChaseCameron

[2]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 10
    greaser_girl wrote:
    I have not watched the show from the very beginning. I began to watch it through reruns. When I began to watch the reruns it was the point in the show that Jordan was trying to figure out what happened to her mom. Im assuming that plot had an ending to it (I never saw an endinf to it) since its not mentioned anymore in the new episodes and her father is not in the new epiosed either. Can someone please tell me what happened in this story line. Thanks.

I believe it's still unsolved, but not discussed anymore.

labsrule106

[3]Apr 9, 2007
    Yeah, it went on for like two seasons straight (in my opinion the most boring two seasons EVER), and then kind of died down. The issue has been raised many times in numerous seasons, and I think the idea was to build to a conclusion, but the fans didn't seem to embrace the whole story arc (for good reason too...I watch CJ for EVERYONE at the morgue, not for Jordan's past), and they eventually just basically let it wither and fade away. Suddenly it just wasn't mentioned anymore, and believe me, I could not have been happier!!! It was interesting at first, but many plot that goes that long without a solution isn't worth my time. I mean, if that had been the entire basis for the show, that would be one thing, but it wasn't. So, to reiterate the answer to your question, no, the show never really presented what could be termed an "ending" to the plot about Jordan's mother (really about her whole family). Sorry to dissapoint you if you were hoping to see it, but there are plenty of episodes about the issue out there if it interests you....and I mean PLENTY, lol!!!

greaser_girl

[4]Apr 10, 2007
    Oh ok. So what happened to her dad? Do they just not show him anymore?

tvaddict95

[5]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    I could be wrong since I only watch it in reruns...so I haven't seen everyone, but I thought it was her long lost brother that killed her mom.

labsrule106

[6]Apr 10, 2007
    tvaddict95 wrote:
    I could be wrong since I only watch it in reruns...so I haven't seen everyone, but I thought it was her long lost brother that killed her mom.
    There was a storyline that had to do with that, but they kept going back and forth on what really happened, and by the end I believe it seemed like it wasn't him. That or they just never really confirmed it. Like I said, I lost interest in that plot a long time ago. And her dad kind of went into hiding or disappeared or something...I think around when her brother came back for the second time. It's all a little fuzzy in my memory, but while they sort of pretend now that he never existed, they did give some kind of strange reason about why Max left, or at least mentioned that he left. I'm not even positive Jordan knows where he is, but he might have come back or been found at some point, then just moved away or something. I don't really know. Once the plot started centering around her mother and her brother though, her father actually became a bit annoying and seemed to be hiding things from her, so I wasn't at all sorry to see him go. It was also probably so that they could make a clean break from that unfinished storyline.

tvaddict95

[7]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    That is good to know, because I kept feeling like I was missing a piece of the puzzle...guess not!  You are right about her dad too.  He keeps getting creepier...

tv_Rescue911

[8]Apr 14, 2007
    • level: 50

Warning, Spoilers from past episodes below.

It's been a while since I've seen those episodes, but from what I recall, police chief Tom Malden was having an affair with Jordan's mother before she died. When Jordan found out that Malden had called her mother twice the night she died, she went over to his place to talk to him about it. He drugged her drink and then left her unconcious to go after her half-brother James (who I believe was a product of the affair and Max wasn't the father). Jordan had been hiding James in her apartment and James shot and killed Malden when he came in, so we never found out if Malden was the killer. Max, thinking Jordan killed Malden, fired a gun into the dead body to make it look like he did it so Jordan wouldn't be suspected. James later decided to commit suicide by jumping off a renovated apartment building into the water below, but his body was never found.  Max and Jordan were cleared as suspects in Tom Malden's death.

Max left Boston during Season 3 (during the season finale, but the episode was chronologically episode 5). He was hiding from someone who wanted to kill him, but I don't remember why they were after him. He came back one time in Season 4 and explained to Jordan that he had been in hiding. They got the people who were after him (I can't remember if they arrested or killed them). The episode ended with Jordan and her dad having dinner together, I believe. I think he's back in Boston, but it last weeks episode when Jordan was getting ready for surgery and Garrett asked if she had called her dad, she said no because his being there would just make things worse and they hadn't spoken in ages. I think that kind of implied that she could have contacted him if she wanted to.

Edited on 04/14/2007 1:26am

waisal14

[9]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 10
    I really liked the show when it was on tv. However, I was unsatisfied with the ending of the show. The show never resovled the issue who killed Jordan's mom. I was hoping the last episode would solve her mom's murder but they didn't. They should have solved her mom's murder instead of having the plane crash.

Starprincess13

[10]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 24

tv_Rescue911 wrote:

Warning, Spoilers from past episodes below.

It's been a while since I've seen those episodes, but from what I recall, police chief Tom Malden was having an affair with Jordan's mother before she died. When Jordan found out that Malden had called her mother twice the night she died, she went over to his place to talk to him about it. He drugged her drink and then left her unconcious to go after her half-brother James (who I believe was a product of the affair and Max wasn't the father). Jordan had been hiding James in her apartment and James shot and killed Malden when he came in, so we never found out if Malden was the killer. Max, thinking Jordan killed Malden, fired a gun into the dead body to make it look like he did it so Jordan wouldn't be suspected. James later decided to commit suicide by jumping off a renovated apartment building into the water below, but his body was never found. Max and Jordan were cleared as suspects in Tom Malden's death.

Max left Boston during Season 3 (during the season finale, but the episode was chronologically episode 5). He was hiding from someone who wanted to kill him, but I don't remember why they were after him. He came back one time in Season 4 and explained to Jordan that he had been in hiding. They got the people who were after him (I can't remember if they arrested or killed them). The episode ended with Jordan and her dad having dinner together, I believe. I think he's back in Boston, but it last weeks episode when Jordan was getting ready for surgery and Garrett asked if she had called her dad, she said no because his being there would just make things worse and they hadn't spoken in ages. I think that kind of implied that she could have contacted him if she wanted to.

Yeah, that pretty much summed up what happened with that storyline.

Starprincess13

[11]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 24

waisal14 wrote:
    I really liked the show when it was on tv. However, I was unsatisfied with the ending of the show. The show never resovled the issue who killed Jordan's mom. I was hoping the last episode would solve her mom's murder but they didn't. They should have solved her mom's murder instead of having the plane crash.

I loved it then and I still love it. I agree though that it would have been better if we had found out who had killed Jordan's mother before it ended. That isn't really the writers/producers fault though since they didn't know until almost the last minute that the show was being canceled. I liked the plane crash but it wasn't the best way to end the series. NBC should have let them have another season (even if it was only a short one) to clue everything up.

JillandSarah

[12]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 2

Well, they've never figured it out and quite frankly, it makes me want to shoot myself.