Crossing Jordan

Sleeping Beauty

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 11, 2007 on NBC

• Jordan has her brain surgery while the others anxiously wait for the results. Woody gets involved in a case about the murder of witness who was set to testify against a powerful and dangerous member of the community.

Overall, this was a good episode. Although Jordan is facing a serious illness she seems to be more like her season one self than she has been in a long time. Her reaction to her surgery and the well wishes from her colleagues was heartfelt and believable. Macy is back to the fatherly role he took a break from last season. I had missed this side of him and was touched to see him try and explain the outcome of Jordan’s surgery to the woman he met at the hospital. Nigel and Bug’s reactions to Jordan’s surgery were in character but unexpected at the same time. It was nice to see the two of them bicker in their usual way about getting Jordan a pet but Nigel’s anger about Woody not coming to the hospital surprised me. That said, it was classic of Woody to throw himself into his work rather than worrying about Jordan and hanging out at the hospital with the others. It seemed like something Jordan herself would have done, even though we’ve seen her wait it out at the hospital before. It was nice to see Susan Gibney back in her commanding role as Renee. I realize that more episodes with her would mean more of a legal aspect to the show, but I can’t help but miss her when she’s gone. After this episode I am more convinced that she should take Kathryn Hahn’s position as a series regular.