Crossing Lines

Prime Video Premiered Jun 23, 2013 Between Seasons

dhaworth

Crossing Lines Fan Reviews (33)

• Season 3 crossed over the line alright!

Loved seasons 1 and 2 hickman and the other 3 left they should have just stopped the and was a 9 review for season 1 n 2
  • Season 3 goes awol

WTH? Are you serious? What happened to Crossing Lines? I'm talking about season 3! This is obnoxious if not unbelievable. Cliffhangers all over season 2 and then... NOTHING. A new team, new setting, new show entirely without any resolution to what came before! How does anyone get away with crap like this? It's like the audience was punked. And no, I didn't watch season 3. HORRIBLE TURN OF EVENTS. ZERO.
  • A true 'No Hitter'!

Seasons 1 and 2 knocked it out of the ball park!

Season 3 didn't get to 1st base!!
  • WTF! WTF!

I love this series, but they dropped the ball here. What happened to Eva? What did Sutherlands character see , when he walked into the hotel room? Eva's body, who the hells knows! The storyline of her investigating her possibly still alive father, seem to disappear!!!!!! So maddening!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Not everything is for everyone

I like it, and I still liked it at season three though I definitely missed some of the cast members from seasons one and two, but one thing that really perplexes me. I've seen people below mention that season three brings in lots of nudity and sex scenes, ummm am I missing something? I just finished watching all twelve episodes of season three and where are all these sex scenes and nudity? There was like one three second sex scene in one episode when the cops bust in to arrest someone but it was literally like you blink and you miss it, same with the even briefer scene in the sex trafficking episode, which considering that was an episode on sex trafficking, it was at least relevant. I just don't see how 2 super brief, barely 3-4 second shots could be seen as ruining an entire season
  • What happened?

First season was solid. The characters developed well, good acting and I could see something to build on.

Then season 2 came and blew everything up, then 3 burned it all down, what a mess. Horrible. A real shame that they throw in unnecessary nudity and sex scenes. Went on a left wing bent slipped in the story lines and with the characters. I'm done with the show. I'm a big Sutherland fan, he is great, but he cant carry the whole show.
  • Don't Waste Your Time.

If you've enjoyed top quality crime dramas and procedurals like Law & Order (all/any), CSI, NCIS, The Practice, Broadchurch, The Fall, Homeland, Luther, The First Detectives, any crime show written by someone with even an ounce of talent - Crossing Lines is NOT for you.

Crossing Lines starts weak and descends to terrible.

There's one good thing about this show, and that's Lara Rossi. Even my GoT fave, Tom Wlaschiha can't perform with the positively stunted role they wrote for him in season three. And Donald Sutherland... Where are your standards??

I love crime shows, true crime and procedural drama and some of the crimes featured in this 'cross border unit' have a unique element but overall it was predictable and often an insult to the viewer's intelligence. The obvious 'make sure you notice this clue' camerawork combined with clunky, awkward dialogue that was more like a narration for dummies made me cringe.

The court scenes were unrealistic. The challenge Louis constantly faces of proving his unit has jurisdiction magically disappears in season three where they seemed to take any old case. The character dramas were again clutter, weak and just annoying. The gadgets weren't anywhere near as top notch as the first two seasons. Where the heck did the ScanGen go?

And in fact, where are the specialist skilled characters? There's no profiler, no weapons expert, no human trafficking expert, no organised crime expert and the returning Tech Whiz spent most of the season chained to his desk with a law school intern who had a weird shoe thing and then... Doesn't. Who else? We have a kidnapping expert who bungles each abduction in the first three episodes and is barely used the rest of the season, an American team leader who has an unexplained 'special' trusting relationship with Dorn and a convenient knowledge of vehicles, a whinging Pom and last - while I love her character, Seeger is literally the token black and homosexual rolled into one.

Pathetic.

I wasn't enjoying the last half of season two, too much drama not enough crime combine with weird tangents such as Rebecca's character turning utterly useless and being shoved in our faces - a prosecutor who never took a case to the court - an emotional Irishman with split loyalties who apparently just goes home after ruining the last connections he had with his family and two deaths within the unit almost ignored. BTW - the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 - never addressed.

Amateur hour.

So why did I keep watching it?

Out of sheer disbelief the show could be this bad. Surely it would redeem itself and everything would be worth it? Right? I was mistaken. But, the good thing about having watched every episode is that I can give a fully educated review and hopefully save fellow tv enthusiasts from wasting their time.

Because life's too short for sh** tv.

• Crossing Lines Season 3 new female cast

Seems like the new actor Elizabeth Mitchell thinks her main task is to be looking good, and not smile or move her face since it might cause wrinkles...

I see that a lot in American actresses, and in Swedish ones too. Their main task seems to be looking good...

And to be chasing criminals in high heels, seriously ^^ come on!

They also make time for shoe change in the middle of chasing. First running in trainers and then indoors the high heels are back on....

I enjoy Danish actresses and also British, with their lively acting and facial expressions and they don't seem to care if they look bad or good.

I am torturing myself through season 3 of this show and pray that they will not do a season 4!!

I give it an extra plus only because of the beautiful locations I get to see :)

• Crossing Lines Season 3 new female cast: the show's funeral

2.5
    I just finish watching the first episode of season 3. and here is what I got to say: its okay. I mean, Goran, Stuart, Lara, Donald and Tom were excellent. Love their acting. But God! Elizabeth Mitchell just my make my brain and eyes hurt. The woman cant act, for God's sake. I am seriously hoping someone takes a pot shot at her, and actually kill her!! So stupid, lifeless, silly, and annoying as hell. And the new British girl, seriously?? The previous female characters were badass. These two new women aren't. And this review is from the first episode. There'll be future ones to come.
  • Season 3: 1 step forward, 2 steps back

I've been a fan of this show since it's first airing, but the changes in season 3 haven't been for the better. While it's true that the production/direction is marginally tighter, the writing of the show's new characters, as well as the actors' performances, fail to equal that of those who departed at the end of season 2. The loss of Louis, Tommy, Eva, and Hickman leave the show without any vibrancy, and Elizabeth Mitchell's performance is especially cold and lifeless. In short, the lack of character and chemistry among the new cast leaves me not caring about them, or even if the show returns for another season. Too bad. Another one bites the dust.
  • season 3

Must admit i was hesitant about season 3. After watching all 8 available episodes i must say i like the new characters and Elizabeth Mitchell is excellent as the new team leader. Keep this show going. The international locations are wonderful!!
  • Great show

I like this show. I was a little bit tired of watching only US shows, so i decided to watch Crossing Lines. I have watched a lot of procedural shows but this one is different ( probably because it is filmed in Europe). I have to admit that this show is not the same without William Fichtner ( Hickman was one of my favorite characters). And we still dont know what happened to Eva? She was probably killed but who did it? But i like the new team. I am a big fan of Elizabeth Mitchell ( Carine from CL reminds me of Erica from V) and i also like Goran Visnjic ( he was great as Luca Kovac on ER).
  • Where are the third season episodes?

I like this international team of investigators with their drama and unbelievable storylines. So, I am wondering why the third season episodes are not up yet?
  • Hickman is Gone

so am I.

It was just an okay show but if William Fichtner left I don't want to watch anymore.
  • Great Show, missingcharacter

Great show, great idea. Definitely different and thats part of what makes it great. No character seems to be safe which stinks but is also part of what makes it great. Characters and acting is solid but: its missing a hard, bad @$$. Don't say the irish guy, he talks tough but seems to be all talk, 1 fight that I've watched and he lost. Give us a John McClain. Pretty please!
  • COLLECTIVE DETECTIVE CRUSADERS

I love this program. It is so different from the normal detective/police yarns that are on at the moment. Sure it has all the same segments, the little story at the start, then the crime, then the investigation. What I like about this program is that it portrays the detectives as ordinary dysfunctional people who struggle to deal with their own problems whilst trying to be this elite force, solving crimes and catching international bad guys. I bet there would be a few of us who would join their merry band wagon for a few jollies all over the world. I struggled with them killing off one of the main characters so early in the show. The shock factor worked though and now I find myself waiting eagerly for the next instalment.
  • Drama which keeps me smiling

Magical scanner revealing everything better than highest level of Dispel Magic spell - one step more and we would end in Minority Report reality :)

FBI-ish style of "Who are you? ICC! OK"... while the conversation should be more like "Who are you? ICC! Who?? International Criminal Court! Go away or I will call police!! We are the police! Enough, I am calling police now!!"... The idea of almighty Men in Black opening doors by flashing badge with few magical letters is probably well established in America but implanted into European grounds feels like never ending "Knock, Knock. Who's there?" series :)

Getting everywhere by train... or chopper... hm... I tell you a secret... we also do have in Europe... busses! :) :) :) and bicycles!! :) quite positive that across whole Europe you could also find at least 5 airplanes... probably even more than 10 but I could be wrong here :)

As the only true, real crimes are committed in NY it must be the NYPD veteran to be the center of the story - and the others are just "kids" :) :) I understand that this supposed to build bridge to US audience... but it didn't really work, did it? Maybe because it all started from true American Psycho... unfortunately quite short and with mummy issues :)

Like it should be in the "old world" the office is located in old castle's dungeons :) :) :) I am just waiting to see the dragons :)

Being prepped by the above - having big smile in my heart - it is very easy to relax watching fairly clever stories told in a bit different way than typical US crime dramas.

I just hope that if it will be continued - they allow major to live... as having Hickman running the team would be a bridge too far ;)

• Poor listing

Season 2 has started and like season 1 , it looks great! I don't understand why it's not included in the weekly "What to Watch" listings? The staff needs to wake up!!!
  • Off with the wart!

I sure wish that Italian girl would get that wart burned off the tip of her nose. So distracting!
  • Season 2 in two weeks on german channel

Finally is CL back.

I just watched the trailler on youtube.

You can find just searching CL se 2

• Really bad.

4.5
    And it had potential... I won't point out the impossibilities concerning the ICC etc, I watch too many supernatural shows for that.

But the acting, the lines, the predictability are awful. The cases could be interesting, but it is one of the least captivating shows I've seen. Too bad, because the casting is great, so I guess it has to do with directing. I endured the first four episodes, but it felt like torment.
  • A fresh angle on a police drama

Two episodes in, I like the concept of a criminal drama show without the US backdrop. Fichtner who plays Carl Hickman does a great job portraying a broken character.

I don't mind the fictional police setting - I'm open to fiction in TV-series.

I'll probably change my rating during the seasons. For now I'll stick to a 7.
  • The jury is still out

The jury is still out for Crossing lines. On the down side, it is very stereotypical and for a show that happens in Europe, it completely misrepresents the Europe. I mean, a procedural drama in Europe should at least have some degree of resemblance of how police forces work in Europe and what interstate criminal police and justice departments exists. But no, this show invents a completely impossible to exist task force based on an institution (the ICC) that in reality couldn't have one! And the ICC is not even an European "thing", its a affiliated with the UN, a completely different kind of "animal".

So the show can be watched as one watches an alternate reality. In a parallel universe, it could happen.

On the up side, if we accept the impossible premises and suspend the disbelief, some episodes are good. Not the pilot nor the second one, but they are improving.
  • Didn't like at first... definitely grew on me, hope it's renewed!

Initially I didn't care for the show and thought it was your typical cookie cutter procedural drama like NCIS or Criminal Minds, or whatever it is people watch on primetime, with a European spin for Americans. However I kept with it after the first few episodes and half way through the third episode I became hooked and I'm glad I stuck with it. I especially enjoyed the seventh episode, what with the NY cop stuck in a Netherlands bank heist... which ties into later episodes. It's definitely grittier than the typical shows and I worry that with the euro focus, the grittiness and the slow hook that it might not be renewed... but I'm glad I watched it.
  • "Not a chance"? "Won't last the season"? Think again!

I agree that the pilot was a bit predictable and that none of the characters gave the best performance of their lives, but this show just kept getting better and better all the way up to the final episode! Donald Sutherland is fantastic, and the rest of the cast really came alive right around episode 7. The last two episodes are award worthy -- yes -- it's that good. This better be coming back!
  • Won't last the season

Just a European version of Criminal Minds without the diversity. The team leader here is Criminal Mind's Hotchner with a French accent. You just can't have a serious drama series these days with an all white cast. Very formulaic and predictable and boring. It also bothered me that they mumbled most of the time, especially Donal Sutherland.
  • Not a Chance

This one's gonna tank - they can't even get the time right - pretty sure it came on at 10 tonight morons
  • This show could be great.

Last nights episode was interesting, but the writing needs a little more depth. This show's still trying to find its identity.
  • Crossing of the Minds

I think Ed Bernero wrote a very taut pilot that had the action moving fast enough and developed the lead characters and their flaws well. Because these people don't really know each other well, they are not a team yet, but I hope to see more team building in future episodes. This show reminds me a lot of Criminal minds, a show that Mr. Bernero helmed for many years and is one of my favorites. I find a lot of the characters of this show have much in common with the characters in criminal minds. They are not quite yet a team of profiling specialists that travel country to country instead of state to state, they both have their tech geniuses, and both have characters with eidetic memories, each member of the team on each show has their sub specialty. There are some kinks to be worked out for sure. I do agree with ChristianHym that if you have a show that has a premise of an international basis, you would expect 1) your cast to be multilingual, 2) that speaking in the language of the country, subtitles for those of us who are not multilingual is more realistic.
  • Nothing makes sense, terrible show

I really didn't believe I could find a show as irrational and ridiculous as The Following, where not even one of the main characters' choices makes any sense, they all do crazy stupid things all the time, just so the story can go on. And no, maybe I didn't, Crossing Lines isn't that terrible, but it's a close second. Nothing makes sense, actually, and these guys are supposed to be star cops or something, but in the final sequence of the pilot they do a stupid thing after a stupid thing. Very predictable, very bad dialogues, can't believe how Fichtner and Sutherland were talked into this crap...
< 1 2