CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

418/427

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Dec 09, 2010 on CBS

• I almost gave up on CSI but I decided to use my holiday free time to watch all missed episodes. And this episode is finally a step in the right direction. No over the top cases, no guessing instead of processing evidence, NO OMNISCIENT RAY!!!

I decided to watch all the missed episodes and I was awarded this Ray-free episode. That's a big plus after the last one when Ray seemed to command Catherine(WHY they keep doing that? He is a rookie!). I liked this episode very much. The case wasn't anything new. We had pedophiles and kidnapped children on CSI more than once. But I liked it that it was so down-to-earth. After all these werewolves, vampires, sharks and dinosaurs it was like a breath of fresh air. It was rather obvious that the FBI agent was hiding something right from the beginning but still there were few nice twists along the way which made this episode very enjoyable for me. I didn't suspect the son to be mentally ill.

Paul Guilfoyle was excellent (as always I should add). I also liked Sara in this episode. She shown her famous compassion that was so important part of this character in early seasons but lately was a little forgotten.

In comparison to other episodes from this season this one was very good. Let's hope that the writers and producers realize their mistakes at last and finally decide to tone Ray down and focus more on the old cast and simple, ordinary cases. Maybe there is still hope for old good CSI to come back. Even is Grissom is still missing.
CBS