CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

A Kiss Before Frying

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Jan 20, 2011 on CBS

• I rather enjoyed that.....

To say I have been disappointed in CSI of late is an understatement. I don't take the lesser versions of Miami or NY into account when I say this as they are cheap knock offs of the only true CSI series. But since Grissom left for greener pastures, CSI has been stuck in an infinite loop of inferiority and has lead to a kind of ennui which knows no bounds.

Apart from Sqweegel (of which I eagerly await the follow up episode), this season has quiet frankly been a disaster. But this episode was actually a nice break from CSI's formulaic approach and using Greg as a conduit for the episode to unfold, I found myself enjoying the ride. I now certainly look forward to some excellent episodes in the second half of the season.

Just one note to end my ramblings, but being South African, I can only voice by disapproval of the Saffa accent of Johannes De Smoot. That was the WORST imitation of an accent I have ever heard. Oh well. Perhaps it should be taken in the same vein as the episode in general which had far ligher connotations than normal.