CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

A Thousand Days on Earth

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 10, 2008 on CBS

• Over-dramatic

I love CSI, don't get me wrong. But I still think that another episode about a murdered child is not what we need. It starts out quite promising: the stand-up comedian was pretty funny at times and there was a deliberate set-up for him being the murdered one. But like the CSI tradition goes, he is just a decoy. The real case is the little girl found in a box.

Of course, everyone on the team is affected by her (especially Catherine). You could feel their pain and sense of loss, as they were wandering round, collecting evidence, with the quite sad piano music playing in the background. But somehow, it does not work for me. The missing/murdered child has been done many times before and it hasn't got the same ring to it anymore.

Frankly, all the characters (with the exception of Hodges) acted very irritatingly. What is more, Brass and Catherine were very nasty to Dean James/Leo Finley. So nasty in fact, that I started to lean towards him and not CSI. So when the final scene arrived, I was on his side, not Catherine's and every word he said was true for me.