CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Art Imitates Life

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2008 on CBS

• A new tech gets a great intro amid a wild case.

After the death of Warrick and Sara's exit, the show starts to get back on track with regular crimes. of course "regular" has a whole new term in Vegas and the "statue" murders are amazing, even for this show. Seeing how they were created was as disturbing as the man doing it. Jeffrey Tambor was a nice red herring character but the man directing his own interrogation was a chilling aspect, showing his inhumanity.

As a long-time fan of Lauren Lee Smith, I was delighted to hear she was joining the show. Her Riley was perfectly introduced with her nice humor and nature and it's interesting to have someone who doesn't worship Grissom as a genius on the team with a fresh perspective. She handles the drama too as when she saved the little boy at the end and I cannot wait to see her develop.

It was also good to see Alex Kingston as the counselor and kudos to the show for not having her be overbearing to the plot but dealing in small ways. I liked her scene with Grissom which explains so much of his dealing with Warrick and hope she sticks around for a bit. So the season is picking up with a fine replacement for Warrick and Sara and shows the series can still amaze us like few other crime TV shows.
CBS