CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Bang-Bang (1)

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 11, 2006 on CBS

• Brass is down but is he out

The first part of the two part finale and a very good one when Brass is shot when trying to save a hostage in a casino hotel room and things go wrong because Brass doesn't know who he really is and that is has tricked the CSI's throughout the episode and has murdered many people and he has looked like the innocent person.The shooter Willie claims his brother had been committing all the murders but when the CSI's find that he is dead its too late and Brass is shot but it will continue into the second part whether he will survive.
  • So sad, but who cares about Brass? And where are the relationships?

I don\'t know why but I got caught up in the emotion of the episode. I\'m not a Brass fan at all, I\'ve never even thought about him as a \'central character.\' However, I was so upset during the episode. But really, who cares if Brass dies or not? I\'m in Aus so I don\'t know is he dies, but really, if he dies so what? During the episode i may have been upset, but iv come to my senses and realised, I don\'t care.

Oh, however my main problem with this episode is the lack of relationships. No GSR, no WCR, no NCR, no nothing! At least something will happen between Grissom and Sara soon. I just wish Cat would get in a good relationship with one of the guys, Nick or Warrick would be good. I really don\'t get why Tina was suddenly introduced into the show, we all know Warrick and Catherine are meant to be. I really hope season seven gets the flame going between them, or even Cat and Nick. I want relationships!
  • Bang Bang

My friends & I have been studying the picture for the last 2 weeks. We thought & were hoping that the dead guy in the diner was Ecklie. Low & behold it was Brass, which was a possibility to begin with. As far as the clues go, one of the casinos disappears in the background & now Grissom turns to Catherine with dust on his jacket. I\'m thinking one of the casinos (perhaps the Lucky Dragon) blows up on tonight\'s final episode for this season. Nick has a cut on his neck as of last week, still some kind of evidence of a struggle or fight of somekind. Catherine is the ONLY one that doesn\'t have any kind of clues on her as well as some kind of body position change. Greg has an ID card in his shirt pocket. The coroner has a knife in his hand. Sara turns & looks at the dead guy. Brass\' daughter & Catherine\'s daughter are suppose to be on tonight\'s episode as well. On the CSI website it states that someone with P.O.A. will have to make a decision tonight. Also the week before last\'s preview showed Warrick yelling for someone to call the Paramedics when someone was shot in front of him. We still have not seen that scene either. Could there be another CSI that is shot tonight? There\'s got to be something going on with Catherine. It should be interesting to find out what happens on tonight\'s episode.
  • Brass gets shot.Ellie comes looking for money and doesn\'t stay to see if her dad lives.Grissom signs for his friends life saving surgery but then deserts his friend for a case.Grissom as he is portrayed by Mr. Petersen would never have left the hospital.

This was the worst CSI I have ever seen and the worst season ender in history. Poor Brass gets shot and yet what should have been a great way to learn more about Brass,his daughter Ellie,and his friendship with Grissom was all put on the back burner. Instead we find Grissom working with Sarah on a silly case, when he should have been keeping vigil at his FRIEND Brass\' bedside. They totally blew the chance of making Ellie look like a caring,if toubled and screwed up, daughter. Then to add insult to injury we see a fully clothed Grissom talking about how he would like to get cancer so that he knows when he is going to die and can say goodbye to his loved ones. Then Sarah comes out of a shower in a housecoat kneels down in front of Grissom and says she is not ready to say goodbye. At least the bed was made and Grissom was clothed so that they can get out of this ridiculous story line it they have any brains. Since Grissom and Sarah are supposed to be friends it is not inconceivable for him to be waiting for her to simply shower and dress with no sex involved. I have a few female friends who let their guy friends wait for them in their bedroom when they are getting ready to go out. They are only friends, and no sex is involved, it is done so that the guy friend can talk to them instead of being left alone in another room with nobody to talk too. As for Grissom flirting with Sarah well the man flirts with alot of the woman on the show. I realize that almost losing his friend may make him change his mind about relationships but when it is going to affect his job and friendships at work Grissom would not take a chance with Sarah. Grissom has always been clear about having a woman that wouldn\'t judge him. That would definately leave Sarah out in the cold because she is always judging him and finding fault. Sarah would never be able to keep the relationship a secret I mean she called her boyfriend Hank BABE on a crime scene.
  • It was good but very predictable. AND THERE WAS NO GSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was good but very predictable. And there was no GSR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(That was the only reason i gave it a 9.9.)

Like I said, it was very predictable. I kept telling all my friends and family, "Its going to be Brass, he's going to die!!", and they refused to believe me! So then when Brass got shot my mom just turns to me and says "I guess you were right." and I knew I was. When you go and look at the picture, there are many things that said that Brass was either going to die or get shot... or both.
    1) Everyone is there, EXCEPT Brass.
    2) The Play/Dead sign.
    3) The fact that there was a man, Brass's size, bent over, shot twice and bleeding.
    I know it is very sad, I loved Brass too, but look at it this way: since Brass is the one that got shot and more then likely will be dying, its not Grissom, Sara, Catherine, or Greg. We knew it wasn’t going to be Nick because of all the things that have happened to him before and we knew it wasn’t be Warrick because we saw him calling for the paramedics. I was also very upset that there was absolutely NO GSR in this episode!! It bugged me so much!! I was very happy to see the previews for next week. Its going to be very sad, but we are FINALLY going to se the GSR that we have all been waiting to see since season one. They have also been hinting at some MAJOR GSR this season, so I’m very excited. Its going to really stink tho because, if something does happen, we are going to have to wait till next year!!
  • Man Down!

Tonight's show opens with a scene on the casino floor. A security guard is walking around, looking for a man. He's speaking to someone in the surveillance room, trying to get directions. Eventually, the security guard comes across two men fighting and tries to intervene. One of the men pulls out a pistol and shoots the guard in the chest. The surveillance technician calls for security to swarm the area. When the gunman flees, they track him with the security camera. They find him getting into one of the guest elevators and taking a hostage. The man demands someone call the police and to make sure they bring SWAT with them.

Soon after, Jim Brass and other members of SWAT arrive at the casino. Brass is briefed on the situation and with no hostage negotiator on the scene, he takes the job himself.

Upstairs, SWAT is going room to room, looking for the gunman. When they come to the room with the man inside, they open the door and the man shoots at him. They quickly draw their weapons and back up a bit.

15 Hours Earlier...

At a residence, we find Jim Brass briefing Gil Grissom and Warrick Brown as David Phillips and Doc Robbins examine the body of Janice Cutler, who was shot in the face. Brass suspects it's domestic violence, as the car is gone, as is her husband.

At the coroner's Doc Robbins tells Grissom that Janice Cutler had recently had sex, but she wasn't raped. The killer shot Janice in her mouth; the gun was placed in her mouth and then fired. Doc Robbins asks Grissom if he's ever been close to getting married, so Grissom responds, "Once... when I was younger. Her name was Nicole Daley. I asked her to marry me. We were classmates. She liked bugs too. I gave her my grandmother's ring, but my mother made me get it back. Second grade."

Back to the crime scene, Sara and Warrick are talking about Warrick's wedding to Tina. They photograph the scene. One of the photographs is shown with blood splatter. The phone also has blood on it, but it's not blood splatter like the photograph. A neighbor is said to have called 911. Sara wonders if the husband considered calling 911 and changed his mind before he finished dialing. The blood is only next to one number, the 1, not the 9. While Warrick photographs the phone, Sara goes into the bedroom area of the home. She takes a number of photographs of the bed and then finds pieces of grass in the closet. The grass doesn't seem to belong to any of the shoes which are in there. She also finds a sock, sticking out from under the bed. Warrick joins her in the bedroom with a pamphlet/flyer for some sort of vacation. It seems the husband was planning on taking a little time off.

At the police station, Brass tells Sara that they brought in a gardener who has working down the street. Sara tells him he was being paid an awful lot by Mrs. Cutler, far more than he should have been. They go into the interrogation room to interview the gardener, Timothy Johnson. He immediately denies killing Mrs. Cutler, so Brass and Sara ask him about being paid by Mrs. Cutler. Sara shows him that they found his sock in the bedroom. He admits to sleeping with her, but it wasn't his idea. Mrs. Cutler had allegedly been very disappointed in her marriage. It seems Timothy was caught in the act and tried to hide when Mr. Cutler came home early. Timothy hid in the closet, but it wasn't good enough, as Mr. Cutler found him and told him to get out. Timothy tells Sara and Brass that she was alive when he left and he didn't hear a gunshot from the house...

In the lab, Warrick examines the vacation flyer he found earlier. He's checking the document for prints and he finds a set. Nick walks in joins Warrick, who has found a print next to a picture of a woman on the flyer with a phone number. Nick gives the number a call and tries to get her to meet him. Unfortunately for her, she goes along with it, unaware Nick is a cop.

We cut to Nick escorting the young woman to the interrogation room. She's a little upset about being asked to meet him at a crime lab, but she's willing to help Nick with the case as long as she doesn't get busted for prostitution. Nick shows Sally a photo of Willie Cutler and tells her the man's wife was found dead. Sally tells Nick that she and Willie once dated. Willie apparently was a nice guy and offered to take her to Hawaii. She pulls out a brochure for Hawaii Willie is said to have given her. Nick takes it from her and keeps it as evidence.

Catherine and Detective Vartann stop by Cowboy Dan's. This is the company mentioned on the business card Sally gave Nick. When they get inside, they find the place very empty. Vartann finds a lot of blood on the wall and a dead body lying on the floor. Catherine calls it in and asks for police to come by immediately. They sweep the building and find a dead body. A sound comes from a nearby room, so the two check it out and find an injured man hiding under a desk. Fortunately, he's still alive.

At the hospital, the man is checked out by a doctor, and fortunately, the wound isn't that bad. He tells the nurse what to do and leaves. Sara takes photos of the wound while she and Detective Vartann interview him about the incident. He tells them that he was working in his office when her heard a number of gunshots, one of which went through the wall, striking him in his side. He hid from the gunman under his desk, hoping someone would come looking for him eventually. As Mr. Cutler is about to leave, he learns that his wife was killed.

Back at Cowboy Dan's, David Phillips and Catherine examine one of the bodies. Cowboy Dan was killed from a single gun-shot to the head, likely from short-range. Greg is in the other room, looking over one of the other victims, Roger Banks. Mr. Banks had just got a promotion when he was gunned down. All of the bullets from the gun have been accounted for, although the gun was wiped clean, so they won't have any prints. Catherine walks to the door going to Mr. Cutler's office. She judges that his story seems to be right about being hit, as the bullet holes are in the right place for his story to be believable. Greg takes a photograph of one of the office phones and finds a bloody fingerprint on the digit 1.

Back in the interrogation, we find Brass interviewing Mr. Cutler, who's obviously had a terrible day. He's been shot, his boss has been shot, another co-worker was shot, and he lost his wife. Brass plays a little mind game with Mr. Cutler, suggesting someone is out to get him, when in fact, it seems otherwise. Brass tells Mr. Cutler that Timothy, the gardener, told him that he had been sleeping with Mr. Cutler's wife. Mr. Cutler says he had no idea, but according to Timothy, he dragged Timothy out of the closet after getting caught. There's also the issue of Mr. Cutler spending time with a hooker, Sally. He says that he heard he was getting a promotion, so he decided to throw himself a little celebration, by spending time with a hooker. Cowboy Dan passed Mr. Cutler over with the promotion because he has a bad mark in his criminal history, a minor offense, but Cowboy Dan wouldn't let it go. Brass comes right out and says that he believes Mr. Cutler may be behind a lot of the violence. Brass then pulls out a receipt showing Mr. Cutler wired $50,000 to The Lucky Dragon. Brass wonders if maybe Mr. Cutler hired a professional killer to kill his wife, boss, and co-worker. Mr. Cutler assures Brass that he lost that money on the tables. He loses his temper and walks out. Brass can't do anything since they have no evidence that suggests he had anything to do with the murders.

In the hallway, Brass tells Grissom about the interrogation room, and Grissom agrees that there's no evidence suggesting he killed those people. He then tells Grissom that he's got a unit shadowing Mr. Cutler.

In the lab, Greg is taking a look at some photographs from the crime scenes and realizes how both sets of phones have blood on the digit 1, but not on any of the others.

We cut to Greg and Detective Vartann at a taxi service. The phone number is 111-1111, which is quite interesting considering the blood on the phones. They talk to one of the drivers about a man who had asked to be driven around for a while that night. Greg takes a look at the cab and finds camera footage from the car. The man called himself Sammy, but it's actually Willie Cutler. He was driven around the city for five or six hours. Also in the camera footage, Greg finds a gun tucked away in Willie's waistband.

Back at his office, Detective Vartann searches for Willie Cutler and Sammy Cutler and tries to find any information on them. They're both brothers and they both have a criminal past.

In the hallway, Brass informs Grissom of the criminal history of the two brothers. Sammy was Willie's older bother and they both have a grand auto felony conviction on their sheet; it was the same theft and Sammy spent more time in prison. Anyway, Sammy got out six months ago. They walk into Brass' office to take a look at a fax Jim had received from the cab company. A cab was dispatched to a location and the fare never arrived. The destination was a no-show, so Brass sent out a unit to look for Sammy.

At The Lucky Dragon, Warrick passes out photos of Sammy Cutler, asking for people to look for him. He also passes it out to the guys in the surveillance room.

Doc Robbins stops by Sara's post in the lab with some autopsy documents Grissom asked for. While he's there, he notices photos of the gunshot injury Willie Cutler received at his office. Doc Robbins suggests it is not a gunshot, but from something sharp, like a knife or something. Sara's surprised by this and pulls out a pen Catherine found. It's got blood at the base, where one would have used it to cut him/herself.

We quickly cut to Sara still in her office, working on the shirt Willie Cutler gave her. She's unable to find any evidence which would lead them to believe Willie was shot by a gun. Grissom agrees with her and then notices a black substance inside of the shirt sleeve.

Back in the surveillance room, we join some of the guys as they look for cheaters or Sammy Cutler. As Warrick joins them in the search, he notices a familiar face in the audience, his wife, Tina, with another man. He decides to call her and ask her what she's up to. She lies about being somewhere else, but Warrick knows better. He admits to being up in the surveillance room, and he sees her with the other guy. Upset, Tina tells Warrick the other guy is a VIP host who is helping her plan a special birthday party for him. Warrick's visably upset for looking like an ass.

Back at the lab, Grissom is trying to examine the substance he found on the shirt. He's joined by lab technician, Wendy Simms, who looks on. After running some tests, Grissom finds out that the substance was blood and that the blood is female, belonging to Willie's wife. This means Willie was in the room when she was shot. He calls Brass with the news, but Willie's gone missing. They can't seem to find him.

Back at The Lucky Dragon, a fight breaks out with Willie Cutler and someone else, with Willie shooting the security guard. Willie runs through the casino and takes a woman hostage and hops onto an elevator.

Upstairs, Brass and SWAT has the floor covered. Brass calls Willie, but he's not picking up just yet. As Brass waits, he tells SWAT that the kill word is "Jim", Brass' first name. Eventually, Willie picks up the phone and Brass tries to get him to calm down. He wants to be allowed in and asks Willie to look at him through the peephole to see if he's armed. Willie allows Brass inside, but he warns him to be careful and asks him to close the door. Brass calls Warrick and asks to get Sammy on the line, but they don't have him, of course. Willie wants to talk to his brother and is getting impatient. Brass gets Willie to stop pointing his gun at the hostage and to talk out the problem with him. He was expecting a $15,000 promotion from his boss. When he didn't get that, he wired all of his money to the casino and gambled it all away. His brother Sammy came in and he took Willie back to his home where his wife was angry about Willie losing their entire savings.

In the lab, Catherine and Grissom are looking over some of the security footage. They're unable to find Sammy anywhere but Willie was hauled away from the table with roughly $10,000 in chips remaining. This is why Willie came back.

Back in the hotel room, Willie's still talking to Brass. He tells him about being driven around for hours and then was taken to the office where he found his co-worker and boss killed. Brass asks Willie to let the hostage go since she didn't do anything to deserve any of this. Willie responds by saying "I don't want to hurt anybody." Brass warns him that if he kills someone, even by accident, he can't take it back.

Back at the lab, Sara rushes into Grissom's office with some bad news. She found a newspaper article on darienchronicle.com which says Sammy Cutler was killed in a traffic accident in Mexico. This obviously shocks Grissom.

Back in the hotel room, Brass learns about Sammy's death from two months ago from Grissom's call. It's obvious that Willie has been playing them all along. Brass soon thereafter says the kill word, "Jim" and Willie shoots Brass in the chest twice. SWAT rushes in with their weapons, putting several bullets into Willie's chest. the SWAT radios for help as they've got a man down. Brass is on the floor, shocked by being shot. At least one of the bullets missed his vest, striking his lungs, which makes him make a gurgling sound as he lies there...

I enjoyed the case, but the obvious drama is about Brass and being shot. Although I knew this was coming ahead of time, it is a little surprising to see. I don't know how this shooting will play out in the ratings, but it wasn't the drama I wanted to see. Brass hasn't been one of the main characters in a long time. Although I like Jim Brass, I think there would have been much more shock and drama if something terrible like this happened to Grissom, Sara, Warrick, Catherine, or Greg. I don't include Nick because he was featured in a big shock in season five's finale, by far the best finale of the series so far.
  • I\'m just glad it wasn\'t Nick in some sort of peril again.

I still think Warrick's wife was lying because why would you plan a birthday party in a casino when your husband is addicted to gambling? Unless I missed something it doesn't make sense. They need to bring in a character other than a hooker that Nick can be interested in. I have to agree with some other reviewers and wonder why they picked Brass to kill off. Granted we don't know if he'll die in the season finale but who really cares? To me he wasn't an important character. He could be easily replaced.
  • Wonderful.

Another great show, At first i thought it was Worricks wife as the Hostage guess i was wrong. But good anyway. He sure jumped the gun on seeing his wife with another guy. Makes me think he isnt so happy. Im thinking they are not going to last but maybe have a child? And Nick how come its always the hookers that like him? Never a just nice simple girl lol. So i wonder if Brass is going to be ok? But i thought he had a bullet proof vest on? Guess i didnt see where he got shot. Anywya good show this week.
    Mare
  • Why didn't they use another character to get shot. No one cares about Brass anymore!!

I'm so mad it wasn't some other character like Greg or Sarah. They haven't had ANY BIG episodes about them and I really think it would've been time. Yeah Brass is probably going to die now and that would mean that if they had chose some other character they would probably die, it would've been more exciting though. CSI: used to be my favorite show but lately I've been able to figure out the crimes before they do. This show really didn't need Brass to get shot. From here on out CSI: might take a leap for the worst.
  • Yes, Brass is shot...

BUT if you remember the website based on Hopper\'s \'The Nighthawks\', the neon sign that says \"PLAY\" nows says \"DEAD\" when you mouse over it. Brass is missing from the scene so Brass is Playing Dead? I hope! He plays such an integral character to the show. That said, it is getting on in Series Years and characters start dropping off :(
  • My whole family is stunned by what happened to Brass, he better not be the person who dies.

My whole family is in a state of shock. Brass had better not be leaving the show, if he is they could have just had him retire and then he could have come back now and then. He is an important part of the show and they will never be able to get anyone to take his place. We were so stunned and upset. There were tears just streaming down our faces.

I seriously hope that Brass pulls through. I think he will. That was a really depressing way to end the episode. I was a little disturbed that Brass gurgled on the ground for a while before anyone really 'noticed' him. There wasn't any GSR in this episode, but there were still some cute scenes. 'Specially Nick with the Hooker. I love his smile, and that whole scene was really cute! Warrick was cracking up the entire time :D :D :D

FINALE IS NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! I really hope they haven't cut out the final scene that us GSR shippers have been waiting for. GSR FOREVER! lol
  • Painful to watch but will watch anyway!

Out of all people, I didn't expect the Captain Jim
    To get shot. As that was a huge surprise to me!
    Meanwhile, it looks like that Warrick's marriage is on
    The rocks as he is spending almost all of his time at CSI.
    You definately don't want someone to get a divorce.
    But people of the show, knew that his marriage wasn't going to last very long!
    Can't wait for next week and I hope the Captain doesn't get killed off!
  • Leading up to next week’s season finale, this episode proves that it is one you don’t want to miss.

Hostage situations always make for the best television – and when you give the job of writing a hostage scenario to the geniuses behind CSI, you get an excellent example indeed.

The beginning of the episode – a fast paced run and gun through a Vegas casino sets our stage, which does tend to make one really question the sanity of the criminal – exactly where did the guy think he was going to go in a casino lined with hundreds if not thousands of cameras? But I guess that just fits the stereotype of acting before you think. 15 hours earlier now, we see a gunshot victim lying dead in her home.

Processing the evidence from this scene leads to the story taking a very humorous turn (as seems to be a running theme is these last few episodes), when we see Warrick and Nicky discussing the prospect of hiring a more “classy prostitute," which leads to Nick trapping one of the girls on the flyer (evidence) into coming to the station for questioning. “I’ve got this Tom Cruise thing going.” Classic…And just for the record - he is WAY better than Tom Cruise...

But the humor is short lived as Catherine and a detective end up walking into a tourist agency, only to find two bodies and a man cowering under a desk – he himself sporting a wound to the left love handle. It is later revealed that Mr. Love Handle was the husband to the first victim found at the beginning of the episode, and that he himself killed her and his co-workers after being passed by for a promotion.

In the end, Mr. Love Handle, after blowing all $50,000 of his life savings, goes back to the casino to try and get back the $10,000 that was rightfully his. In the process, he ends up shooting a guard in the casino, bringing us back to the present hour. He takes a hostage up to the third floor, and lets Brass in as he tries to persuade him to let the hostage go. Sammy, Mr. Love Handle’s brother has died two months ago, but he demands to see him anyhow – after Brass is alerted to this fact, Love Handle realizes that there is no way out and shoots Jim, thereby ending the episode.

As a bit of a side plot, and for some added character development, we find out that Warrick has been having marital problems and when he accuses her of cheating, she admits that she was working with an event planner to help plan a birthday party for Warrick, which she says he can spend alone. I guess this could be a time to remind everyone what assuming does…

In the preview for the season finale, we see Brass lying in a hospital bed, hooked up to a ventilator, and Gil being told that he might never wake up… “You might have a decision to make,” he says…After hearing the producers of all three CSI’s discuss their series’ futures, we do know that someone on one of the three shows WILL die, we just don’t know which show or which character. While this ending does tend to lead us to believe Brass will be the casualty, one can only hope this is not the case. But even if it is, it would not deter from the fact that the original CSI continues to be the best show on television – no questions asked.
  • This episode rules!

15 Hours Earlier...

Oh man, this was the best episode so far!
  • They presented the story in an interesting way this time.

It was kind of neat the way they gave you the near-the-end scene near the beginning, before you could understand the significance of it.

After you get the facts leading up to that action, they give it to you again. And let the story plat out its ending from there.

A pretty interesting episode. For once, the riddle to be answered was not at all how. It was "who" and "why".

The head of the CSI team, Grissom, shows his usual aplomb when asked if he keeps a couple of peculiar items in his fridge.

The actor who plays him did a great job, as he always does. He takes a character with a very business-like personality, and makes it interesting without being dry or over-the-top. Professionable, but personable.

The ending of the episode, for those who do not always watch the previews - came as quite a surprise.
  • Will he make it?

I don't know if this years finale can measure up to Grave Danger, but so far so good. An if we get the much anticipated GSR in the next part then it's gonna be the best season finale ever!

I like how this time the episode started differently, at first it started in the present & then went back to what happened 15 hours earlier, a first for CSI. I'm loving how almost everything's been different and that they have been trying out new things this season.

Warrick is having marital problems, we already knew he was having problems in "I Like to Watch" but in this episode it's confirmed that his marriage is on the rocks.

My favorite part of the epsiode was Nick talking to the prostitute on the phone, but having a Tom Cruise thing going...ewwww. Nicky, have you looked in the mirror lately, you look way better than him.

The last scene was disturbing with Brass laying on the ground and a close up of him gurgling, blood comming out of his mouth. I really hope he doesn't get killed off in the finale.

I only wish there was some GSR (other than Sara calling Grissom Griss) in this episode.
  • I am worried about the way this ended in more ways than one.

They did this and allowed Nick to escape the peril of the coffin, but Brass took two in the chest. Do they mean to kill off my favorite character? God I hope not! He does not always have the most lines but he does have the most memerable. I am not really sure I can continue being a rapid fan if they kill off the coolest cop on TV. I hate the fact that they would do this to a show.... a jump the shark moment... the death of Brass is perhaps the swan song for the entire show.
  • Is this the end of Brass?

I found this episode fairly simple in premise and a basic CSI episode. The perp in this installment was suspected of killing his wife, his boss and colleagues, and he was now in a Casino holding a woman hostage. Who better than supercop Brass to go in and try to talk the guy down while the SWAT Team waited outside? The whole episode was pretty easy to follow, but I must not have been paying attention, because I was actually shocked and dismayed when Brass went down, gasping for air and spewing blood. Then came the previews for part two of the season finale. Are we going to lose Jim Brass? Will he survive? These shows are ruthless these days about ratings and what will keep viewers tuned in, but if they "off" one of my favorites, Brass, I may not be watching as often as I used to. He injects humor into the otherwise sterile world of a crime scene investigation. Without him, it just wouldn't be the same. I am almost dreading the season finale.
  • It was so obvious that it was going to be Brass that was shot, but they did a really good job of piece-ing it all together, though. No GSR, though... Well, not yet. =)

Wow. At first I was a bit confused with what the main storyline was, but everything just fell into place. I couldn't believe how well that guy lied about getting shot, his brother killing his wife, and then his brother "giving him a new slate".
    I kinda knew Brass would be shot in the end, but they did a really good job of leading up to it, with Sara finding out that Sammy actually died two months ago and stuff. Brass isn't my favorite, but it will be sad to see him go, (if he does).
    I also felt bad for Warrick, with the whole Tina thing. I don't think she was liying, either. Oh well.
    No GSR, but the second part of the finale will probably have a lot. Overall, great!
  • this show was jumping the shark exclent i could not believe what happend i knew who was going to get shot it was captian brass this epsoide was so reveling it was killer good. if you like shows with mistery this show is the one

the show was so good that i was almost screamig because it was good i hope captian brass dosent die although he got shot twice i would give him a five star if you would rate it like that, he put his life on the line for a girl and i couldn't believe it i just hope it was not sara when i saw the comersals this show was a killer. this rawe should be good because i rate this eposide 100 because it was the best! the rest of you who saw it should to because this show was a killer it was the best and i can not believe it this show rocks and so dose this eposide i think that the cast worked extra hard to make this show the best.
  • Gambling addiction and cheating wives is not really new to the CSI world. The episode was done well as usual.

Here we have former NYPD Blue alum Currie Graham playing a the gambling addicted husband of a cheating wife. He has had it and everything is crumbling around him including his job. He kills his wife and he kills his boss and his co-worker who took his promotion. He then tries to make it look like someone else did it. This sets up the second part of the season finale. To bad we will have to wait until next week to find out. Also, Warrick spots his wife in the club they are staking out and it appears something is going on. Looks like trouble in paradise for this couple.
  • This episode of CSI was pretty clever and sneaky of the writers of CSI.. we all saw the previews and all we knew was one of the cast was getting shot... who was it?!?!?!

So this crazy guy who kills his wife and some other people is saying that it is totally his brothers falt. You think to your self... okay this may be true... at the end of the episode, you realize this is FAR from the truth when Warrick calls Brass... the look on the mans face was priceless! Brass slowly puts the phone down and says one thing, \"Jim\" and he gets shot! DRAMA! This episode is EXACTLY why I watch CSI... there is so little to follow yet it keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way to the end of the show, it also keeps you guessing on what is going to happen next! Any ideas??

Although ... thats one thing I didn\'t like, it seemed like there was no resolution to this one.. but then and again we arn\'t watching Law and Order now are we?
  • Currie Graham of NYPD Blue fame, plays a desperate man who has finally gone over he edge. While the CSI's find out the truth behind the man's story one of the team risks their life by being a hostage negotiator, weaponless in a room with the unstable man.

This episode gave me some serious goosebumps! You know going in someone on the team is getting shot and from the picture clues you pretty much know who it's going to be. Personally, I've always really like the charactor of Captain Brass. I never felt worse for anyone in the show then when he shot that young cop in the crossfire incident. His charactor although, a flawed person, is very likable, to me anyway. If he dies I will be very dissapointed. The episode as a whole was very good. There are a lot of different things going on at once and at times it was a little hard to follow but the last 5 minutes were tremendous. I'll tell you this, I can't wait until next week! However, I do think the show will lose a little something if Captain Brass dies.