CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Bittersweet

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 2011 on CBS

• Not working is it

Six months later than the States we Brits get the episode, so excuse the late review. But if the storylines are still strong the acting, especially of Jorja Fox, just is not up scratch. Ted Danson just isn't strong enough to carry the series without better support. The sooner the CSI team lose a coue of the team in a tragic case the better.
  • 12x03

Wow, if you though that 73 seconds and tell tale hearts were amazing episodes, you definitively have to see this one, this episode is another proof of how the show has grown up with its twelfth season. In this episode I loved the character development, especially in Sara and D.B Russell; the psychopath also was great, she did a very good job, maybe the only flaw in this episode was the b plot about the man who died in the chocolate pool but despite of that, this episode deserves being consider as one of the greatest things ever done by the show In my opinion the best part was at the ending where we find who is the true killer, if you have already seen the episode, you know what I mean. P.D: I´m from Venezuela, I´m not an expert writing in English, please forgive my mistakes

• Whilst not as strong as the two previous stories, Bittersweet is a solid episode and is one of higher quality than many stories in the Langston-era.

Bittersweet continues with the much-welcomed return of the two-case episodes which appeared to have become a thing of the past before Season 12 and the result is a fine episode which continues the trend of excellence which has emerged from the start of Season 12.

The A-case is particularly dark, referring to a female sexual sadist who appears to be going back to her old ways. Sara in particular, takes a prominent interest in the case and she really is the star of this episode, showing determination and character which has not been seen since her departure in Season 8. The conclusion of the case is also a surprise, whilst I guessed it wouldn't be Gina who was involved, I did not expect it to be the victim who in reality committed the crime. However, whilst the case had a really good twist, it appeared very light on the forensics and the conclusion felt too rushed. If you blink, you'd have missed the fine details, which sadly lets it down slightly.

The B-case provides a more light-hearted case and we get to see some more character development for Morgan, but likewise, the case ends rather abruptly with no real explanation or further development. I did however get some laughs out of Greg checking his hair out in the car window as well as Morgan's "pre-pube chocolate" quote. I particularly like the chemistry that's been shown between the two characters.

DB and Morgan continue to be strong characters and are much welcomed additions to the show as it begins to return to its old roots from pre-Season 7. I'm enjoying the team dynamic which appears to be being shown in the episodes. Particularly the fine details such as characters from different cases interacting, Catherine giving some sound advice to DB and DB and Sara's conversation at the end are particular highlights.

Whilst the episode is let-down slightly by the rushed conclusions in both cases, it is still an excellent episode which should not be missed. Season 12 is probably CSI's strongest start yet, and if the stories continue to live up to this quality then I can see the show lasting many more years.

• interesting story

Story line was good. The twist was sad but it was good. I didn't expect the ending at all - the victim to be the one killing and raping teen girls. I like the intensity coming from the CSIs when they make the case personal, it gives more meaning in what they do. I don't know if it reflects reality, though, but at least on television, it looks good. :-)

Ted Danson is finally able to blend in with the group. I didn't like him at first but I am liking him more as he shows his softer side with the team. It's nice how he tries to reach out to the team and treat them more than just CSIs.

• A fantastic episode letting Jorja Fox and Ted Danson shine.

I am really liking the vibe around the lab--Danson's character brings something not seen before in the CSI-verse: a level headed father figure who tries to relate to his team. The ending scene, where he attempts to bond with Fox's Sidle was touching and funny, and a good demonstration of both's acting ability. Her roll of the eyes when he first asked her to sit down showed her "jaded-ness" and distrust (?)--she's been through everything with Gil, and then the shock of Dr. Langston's turn of events--should she invest in yet another male supervisor? I also appreciated Catherine's surprise advice to him on how to succeed--it showed the maturity of her character, where last week's episode showed her being worn down by office politics.

I, too, miss Grissom, and I did like Langston's gravitas, but Russell's character seems to be bonding the team together again. And a shout out to his sticking up for his wife and his kids!