CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Bully for You

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 18, 2001 on CBS

• Grissom, Catherine and Warrick investigate a murder at a local high school. Nick and Sarah investigate a gruesome discovery.

"Bully for You" is not one of the best episodes of the season, but I did like it. I like that the episode addressed a problem that many adolescents have to deal with that is just as difficult today as it was when this episode premiered. I do have to take issue with something Grissom said. Specifically that as rough as high school is, it eventually ends. Does Grissom think it will end for Dennis Fram? I will also admit that I found myself feeling sorry for the guilty party in the case. Murder is not the answer, but Barry Schickle was a fucking asshole. Warrick said it perfectly when he said that he feels what happened was wrong, but can understand it. The reason why I do not consider this episode to be one of season two's best is because it was a bit contrived. I think it was easy to guess who the killer was in the Barry Schickle murder. Every scene the killer was in subtle hints were dropped. I can't go into detail here for fear of spoilers. Also there was a flaw in the case of the death of the homeless military veteran. When the bag containing the decomposed body was opened, why were Nick, Sarah and David were not wearing gas mask to protect them from the stench. Instead we see Sarah throwing up multiple times and people telling her over and over that she smells like shit. That was not necessary. In the end, I do recommend this episode, but not as highly as past ones.
  • Not one of my favorite episodes...but, it does deal with the crisis that kids have to deal with in America.

So...some parts seemed a bit boring. My favorite part was, of course, the decomp that Nick and Sara had to deal with LOL. The body...soup! The advice Grissom gave them about using lemons...ahh, that scene was priceless! So, this episode mainly delt with the bullying that goes on in high schools today in America. A bully/class clown was killed at school and it looked to be like it was one of the students that had been bullied before. The ending...wow! Shocking. It happens a lot today and it usually goes without punishment. There is only so many things that you can do but I think they addressed it well. I still felt, however, that they could've done more with this episode. It was a bit bland in some spots where I started to get antsy. It's like something was missing...I just can't put my finger on it...

Now, Sara and Hank? Eww! That guy bothers me! It shows a bit more into Sara but still not much of a personal life.

~Snyder~
  • More twists and turns than Grissoms favorite rollercoaster!

This episode was great it kept you on your toes all the way through. You make up your mind who did it and something happens to blow it out of the water completely!!! That is why i adore CSI!! It is so exciting to watch. I thought the ending and the final suspect of the murdered school boy case was great and really original! As for the body in the bag, that was a reallt touvhing story that brought a tear to my eye!