CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Coup de Grace

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 15, 2009 on CBS

• great episode

This was a great episode that took on a lot of various topics. The big once obviously was racism and I liked that they showed that it comes from both sides of the fence, not just one. Such as the cop having racism issues even if he wasn't completely aware of them and also the waitress being ready to condemn him purely because she just assumed because he was white and a cop he had to be racist. Both view points were played wonderfully by the actor and actress. Neither of the characters were bad people, quite the contrary in fact, but they both got their eyes opened to the fact that maybe they weren't as open minded as they should be. I was sad the cop killed himself at the end, that broke my heart. I would have rather seen him get help and overcome his issues. I did find it a little annoying that once again Langston is the one to figure it all out. What is this guy SuperCSI or something. He goes from being a newbie to the man with all the answers. Everyone is following him including Catherine and Nick who are supposed to be leading HIM. The writers need to step back and reconsider their approach on this. I get that LF is supposed to be the lead, but I'm not buying a newbie CSI suddenly being the expert on everything. Even Greg, who is brilliant in his own right and was already working in the CSI enviroment, has made his share of newbie mistakes. Langston needs to make a few just to make him more human and less Superman.