CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

CSI on Fire

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 21, 2012 on CBS

• The bodies of eight young women are discovered in a new grave in the desert. Finley realizes the grave has ties to a case from her past.

"CSI on Fire" is not a terrible episode but at the same time it is not one the the season's best. I just found myself being distracted by the numerous cliches. The rich, powerful playboy killing young women without a hint of conscience and is totally convinced he will never get caught because he's so rich. Then you have the determined police officer/CSI who knows he is guilty and is willing to risk everything to bring the scumbag to justice despite the fact that everybody around her tells her to take it easy. Ho Hum. This episode is saved to a certain degree by Ted Danson's and Paul Guilfoyle's terrific performances. They always deliver strong performances. Not all episodes can hit the bullseye. "CSI on Fire" at least hit the target.
  • Thumbs up for Finley

Showcased Finley exceptionally well. Clever, steamy and gave her a chance to show why she was picked for this part.
  • Finley to the rescue

Not my favorite episode, although I like Finley she seems to be a loose cannon. It was easy to see why she got fired in the first place. As soon as she realised there was a chance to nail her former prime suspect she lost sight of regulations even expecting her fellow csi's to put the other victims on the back burner. Yes, she is an expert at what she does but she's also brash and overly cocky and petulant when she doesn't get her way. On the upside is the fact that she knows this about herself and tries to overcome it. My favorite part of the episode has to be D.B. blowing off the F.B.I agent.
  • Lookin' sunny!

Didn't realize there were so many palm trees and beautiful sun drenched days in Malibu, Califor...I mean, Seattle, Washington.