CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Dead in His Tracks

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 07, 2014 on CBS

• The fourteenth season ends with the CSIs investigating a murder relating to a twenty-five year old robbery and disappearance.

It's nice to have a finale episode that does not end in a cliffhanger. The season in my opinion ended on a positive note. It is helped by a strong supporting cast. Veteran actor Treat Williams does very well in his guest appearance here. What I like about his character is that he avoids the clichs. When he finds out who the murderer is, he does not hesitate in turning over the evidence needed for a conviction. I liked that. It gave the episode a big boost. The story considering the robbery/disappearance and possible murder in 1989 was also done very well. It was well written and very plausible. It is a little clichd in the sense that we once again see the story how greed trumps friendships and turns even the best of people into criminals, but I still enjoyed watching the story play out none the less. My only major criticism is Detective Brass. How in the world could he still care for that worthless piece of trash stepdaughter of his? Ellie is a degenerate scumbag. She would have made the world a better place if she had died. Speaking of Detective Brass, "Dead in His Tracks" is not just the final episode of season fourteen, it is the final episode for Paul Guilfoyle who is saying good-bye. I wish Detective Brass exited on a more positive note.