CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Dog Eat Dog

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 24, 2005 on CBS

• A guy with Prader-Willi (sp?) Syndrome eats himself to death, and a couple going through a messy divorce end up dead. Very appropriate episode name.

Jerry Gable, who was born with a flawed hypothalamus, which means he never feels full and is always excruciatingly hungry, ends up dead in a dumpster. We find out later that Jerry's sister's boyfriend (his "babysitter") let him out of his restraining chair and as a result Jerry stuffed himself at the Circus Town buffet. The B case is the deaths of a couple who were about to get divorced. It appears that the wife, Lori, shot the husband, then their dog Kahlua went crazy and ripped her throat out. However, when Nick compares bite impressions, we find out that a dog did kill Lori, but it wasn't Kahlua. Then we are told that Lori and her husband Michael were fighting over Kahlua, and Kahlua chose Lori in a face-off. So Michael decided to swap dogs, but Kahlua's doppelganger went crazy at the sound of gunshot, and so ripped Lori's throat out. This episode had lots of wonderfully gory details, like the guy's stomach contents and Lori's ripped-out throat. We find out that Hodges hates hotdogs, and hotdog-eating is considered a sport by some.