CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Ending Happy

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 26, 2007 on CBS

• Who DIDN'T try to kill Happy Morales?

Wow, last episode we got Hodges lucky day, this week we get Happy having the worst day possible.
    Where to start. I loved all of the twists and turns. Rather then trying to piece together who killed Happy (as I usually do) after seeing the CTV promos I decided this was the kind of episode where you just sit back and enjoy the ride. And boy am I glad I did.
    Without a doubt the funniest parts of the episode were all Brass. His interviews with the 'pleasure providers', him getting !four! confessions (the hooker, the bartender, Binky's wife, and the hooker/bartender combo) and none of them being worth the paper they were written on thanks to Dr Robbins' changing the cause of death every ten minutes (our time), he and Grissom eavesdropping on Binky and wife... He also got all of the best lines of the night ("Do I look like Paula Abdul to you?"). I loved his continuing frustration over who to arrest, and his making the suspects cry and being wrong each time. I don’t think I could adequately express my love for Brass in this episode.
    I also really liked Sara in this ep too. ("This is one pool I am not feeling a pressing need to take a dip in.")Heh. My favourite part of the whole ep was Sara with the old man (Brooks from The Shawshank Redemption -only my most fav movie ever!). I loved his "I told you someone shot my wife!" to Nick and Sara and his reciting poetry. I kind of wanted to kick Nick though when he just rolled his eyes. You could tell he was totally thinking 'crazy old man'. But after Nick left Sara finished the poem and the old guy smiled. It was so sweet. I love James Whitmore.
    I don’t get why so many people found it odd that Sara was able to finish the poem since Sara has always been very literary minded. Take ‘Turn of the Screws’ where she discusses Henry James, in ‘All for Our Country’ where Catherine mentions Jaws and Sara thinks ‘book’, in 'Committed' she mentions that she read MOBY DICK in grade five, or the fact that in the early seasons Sara usually got Grissom’s obscure quotes. So I found it in character that she knew the rest of the poem.
    Hodges story= too much information. Greg’s reaction was good though. And Catherine and Warrick at the autopsy…
    In the end, the lawnchair did it. Poor Brass didn’t get to arrest anyone for murder this week (though lots of attempted murder).It was so quotable, I could do an entry on just bizarre quotes these characters said (‘I made him his favourite meal: meat!’). For some reason I had low expectations about this episode so I was pleasantly surprised. Next week just looks weird though.