CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Fannysmackin'

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 2006 on CBS

• A gang terrorise Vegas and Greg is attacked by them.

This is one of the best all time CSI episodes when its not just one killer its a whole gang of them beating people up and killing them.It proves to be no longer safe to go outside in Vegas when Greg runs into the gang beating someone up but in trying to save him he runs over one of the thugs and the rest pull him out the car and brutally beat him up and they would have killed him if it wasn't for the police showing up.Greg very badly wounded saved the man's life.The CSI's knew it was a dangerous case but in they end they did well to catch all the gang and shockingly the youngest member was 14.
  • A gang of thugs are out on the streets of Vegas robbing and brutally beating tourists at random. By chance Greg Sanders witnesses one such assault and rushes to help. In the process he becomes the gang's next victim.

Definitely one of the best episodes of CSI ever. You will see both how good and how evil humanity can get in this great episode and that will make emotions run wild for the viewer. Seeing how Grissom and his team put together the pieces to bring the gang to justice is another reason to enjoy it. The only negative thing about this episode is Kevin Federline's absolutely abysmal performance. It can be safely said that he has no talent as a rapper or an actor. Go home Kevin!

• This is just another great episode from CBS.

The classification says it all, this is why I watch this series.

Greg is a fantastic character and all throughout the series his character is just getting stronger and stronger. Who would of thought in this series that an actor who starts out as a lab rat could end up in the field, and risking his life for the job he has been showing so much commitment to.

This episode also highlights the fact that even though you see Sara flirting with Grissom, she still cares enough for him in her heart to run onto the crime scene in a frenzied search.

All the relationships within the lab are shown whenever one of the team gets hurt but the friendship that are shared among everyone are especially emotive in the episode, the guys don't like it when one of theirs gets hurt.

Can't wait to see what comes next.
  • A masked gang terrorize Vegas! Poor Greg!!

This episode was very different to the usual murder cases investigated by the CSI team and i loved it.
    The fact that the writers actually gave Greg the lead role in the episode was brilliant in itself (I feel he is very underused).
    When Greg himself became the victim I was horrified, a real nerve-wracking moment for a Greg fan. Overall the case was brilliant and the gang themselves were rather scary, it was great to see Greg take centre stage and i really hope there are more episodes that allow Greg to take the lead. Well done to CSI for this episode possibly my favourite of the season.
  • Greggo gets hurt and I just wanna hug him! Then K-Fed gets hit by Nicky and it makes thing a little better.

Well, this episode starts out like many of the others. Guy\'s getting off work, telling the wife he\'ll be home soon. Then he get fannysmacked and dies. Same with that tourist lady. When Greggo comes into the scene, he\'s dressed all snazzy in his suit and on top of the world. And it gets better when he gets to go on a solo robbery case. But, it all goes down hill when he witnesses that group fannysmackin\' another tourist. I can totally see his reasoning for going in asfter reporting it to save that guy\'s life. When he hits Demetrius James with his Tahoe, I feel really bad for Greg. Then he\'s literally pulled out of his vehicled and beaten. At least he had the concious thought to get DNA off one of the guys who hurt him.

Hands off Sara!! When Sara was doing tests with the shoe prints found on the victims\' clothing, Grissom comes in and they clearly eat each other with their eyes. then, when Sara goes to the crime scene Greg\'s at, she get all touchy feely! This isn\'t Sandle this is suppose to be GSR (not that I support either pairing).

GO NICKY!!!!

When Nicky hit K-Fed I was doing a happy dance in my seat. I\'m glad Nicky wasn\'t going to get charged for hitting that wannabe. The hospital scene al most had me crying. The way Greg didn\'t want his parents finding out about him was really sad. I wonder if Papa Olaf will make some sort of appearance this season.

The second hospital scene had me really feeling sorry for Greg. He\'s going to be so riddled with guilt it ain\'t gonna be funny. At least he has friends there to help him through it. Especially Nicky.

Grissom\'s talk about the way Las Vegas works and how it\'s all about \"what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas\" really makes perfect sense. Where I come from, we don\'t do that (not yet, sadly). Another comment I\'d like to say is that they really did a fan-fricking-tastic with the camera shots and how they had the camera imitating one of the assailant’s fists.
  • OMG!! Greggo! WHY? Great episode, kepp 'em comin'

Oh MY God, being a greg fan made me almost cry.Poor thing, all he was trying to do was help an inocent guy, and for doing a good deed, he gets beaten up for it. Thank god he didn't die! i would have freakeD! it was a great episode that kept me watching from the mintue it started. l l l l l l ll ll l l l ll l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lll l l ll l l l l l l l l
  • When one CSI is in trouble, the others never miss a beat to help them out.

This episode was heart-wrenching and infuriating. The way it provoked a response from the audience was incredible.

As a Greg Sanders fan, it was just phenominal to see some real character developement going on here. The scene with Sara after the attack was absolutely adorable. "I came here for you, Greg." What a line (thank you Jorja Fox for the delivery). Of course, people rooting for more Sara/Greg interaction certainly got an award-winning scene with that. And the way Greg opens up to Grissom in the hospital was just fantastically done.

I particularly enjoyed the way the beating was filmed, half of it in slow motion, half of it not. The camera coming down on Greg... The whole set up was creepy, with the costumes and breaking the window and pulling him out of the car.

And Nick punching that guy, wow! I was so glad, I wanted to punch him myself.

As for the actual storyline, it just was a real teeth-grinder to hear the way those kids talked about beating up tourists like it wasn't any big deal. Wow. Talk about some heavy stuff!

Amazing character developement, enthralling story-line, great character interaction. You really see how the team comes together as a family in this, which is something we haven't really seen since Season Five's Grave Danger. Wonderful stuff!
  • Wow!!! What an episode!!!

This episode was great!!! Poor Greg!!! He actually sorta save someone live, even though he nearly got himself killed in the process of saving someone life!!! Really good episode!!!

Poor Greg having to see the other person dying, but he should feel proud about saving the other guy especially when he came to thank Greg for saving his life, that was so nice. I love the scene with Sara and Greg!!! That was so good!!! We also got to find out about Greg and his mom was really interesting.

Hope CSI could do more episode like that!!!! Love it. At the moment my brother say that this season is much better then the last and that this season so far have out shine CSI NY. So yeah well done to the producer.
  • A group of ruthless masked teenagers wreak havoc on the tourists of Las Vegas. Greg Sanders gets caught in the middle.

This was by far the best CSI episode I've ever seen. It had action, suspense, emotion, good characterization, twists, the casting was perfect, the writing as well. I don't know what else one could want from a TV show. Most movies out there don't have what this episode brings. Even Kevin Federline the most hated guy in the world did a good job. Hats off to the director. He should be doing movies. Maybe they wouldn't be so boring. If CSI stays on this kind of track Grey's Anatomy won't have a chance in the long run. CSI will remain the best show on the airwaves.
  • Riveting episode and one that has sealed my fate to be a longterm fan of this particular incarnation of CSI!

Fantastic to see Greg centrestage, he really is a wonderfully endearing and enagaging character (which is probably why this episode was so hard hitting). It kept me gripped throughout, that said it was very hard to watch - the beating was so intensely done you felt for poor Greg with every kick. It almost broke my heart when Sara came to him on the scene, that whole exchange was enough to cause a tear or two, let alone the scene with Gil in the hospital later ("My Mom's gonna freak" - bless!!!). It'll be interesting to see if it haunts him for a while to come.......
  • One of the strongest CSI episodes ever, and judging by the other reviews I\'m not the only one who thinks so. I have no doubt that this episode will become a series classic.

The opening sequences that show what Cole Tritt and his young thugs do in their spare time are both frightening and chilling, particularly the scene in which their hooded figures are marching down the street after the first two attacks.

I thought it was a nice touch (from a dramatic perspective) to portray Greg\'s day as perfect; his first day in court going well, him not wanting the day to end, and Grissom finally trusting him enough to give him his first solo crime scene...it becomes all the more distressing when Greg happens upon the attack on Stanley Tanner. There is also a wonderful moment of split second indecision (which you see on Greg\'s face) when he is told to wait for back-up but realises the victim doesn\'t have time before driving towards the scene. Also, the moment when the SUV\'s back window is smashed and Greg exhibits his first display of fear was very well handled; it\'s the moment he realises he\'s put himself in a very dangerous situation. The camera work during the beating was well filmed, but very disurbing and hard to watch. I felt nausous when one of them spit on Greg as a final degredation.

Although not a sandle fan, I will admit that the moment between Sarah and Greg was nicely handled. You can see the panic on Sara\'s face when she asks \'why isn\'t there a medic on Greg?\', and the fear that Greg doesn\'t need a medic because he\'s dead. The scene that followed between them was both touching and sweet. However, I thought the scene with Grissom was stronger emotionally. Eric Szmanda was outstanding in this episode and I\'m glad to see that the CSI writers have finally decided to utilise his talents instead of relegating him to the \'funny\' guy as they\'ve been doing since season 1 (don\'t get me wrong, I love \'funny\' Greg, it\'s just nice to see him get other storylines).

There was also a few (possible) hints at later plotlines in this episode; the brother of Demitrius James locking eyes with Greg suggests there may be trouble there, Greg\'s horrified expression at the death of Demitrius James hints at later guilt on his part but most interesting of all was Nick\'s continuous comments on how sick of Vegas he is. Possible character departure later in the series? There is an episode later in the series entitled Leaving Las Vegas...

The moral discussion between the CSI\'s at the end was fascinating. Sara\'s comment on the kids being just as much at fault as society and the parents, and Grissom\'s point on the concept of a moral compass were particularly thought provoking.

My favourite CSI episode ever, and I can't recomend it enough.
  • Great Episode

This was a great episode. I truly liked it, it had everything.
    I was very surprised at first thinking that the "people" or "things" that were beating up the tourists were actually disfigured. That was kinda created seeing that i HATe k_fed with a passion
    Sorry that Greg got beat up, i was hurting for him really. Huge GSR fan but even i have to admit that the Sandle was kinda well touchy. But I liked the GSR I loved it when Nick punched K-fed, Thank you Nick!!
    Overall it was a great episode, i will keep tunning in to see great installments of episodes like this one.
  • NO! GREGGO, WHY?!?! :( :)

Loved the episode, and although I read the spoilers for the episode, I was still very sad at poor Greggo's beating. It just caused me to go "GREGGO!WHY?!" a few minutes earlier than I would have, otherwise. :D

Loved the GSR scenes in there, and even the Sandles moment. "I came here for you, Greg." Although my freakout probably wasn't as good as Sugah's (SQUEEEE!) I was still very surprised.

And the GSR! "Are you volunteering?" ....That's just a fic begging to be written. (And if I get enough time, I'll eventually write one myself. XD)

Poor Greggo....I want to go treat his injuries. ;)

-Dev
  • A number of tourists are being brutally attacked by a gang and its up to the CSI to figure out who before someone else gets hurt.

You could not help but feel sorry for Greg in this episode. To be out driving only to find another beating and then to try and run them over. I thought this was such a great episode and was quite exciting to watch. It was filled with twists and turns and hit home as we watched Gregtry and recover from his many injuries. One minor thing that I did not like about the episode was the overhyped apperance of Kevin Federline, or Mr. Britney Spears to most people. He really did not do much, had few lines, and was obviously only it for the publicity, because he is not exactly known for his "acting skills". Overall, it was a great episode and exactly why I watch this show
  • Leggo my Grego...

Poor Greg. He first time flying solo and he tries to do the right thing by helping an innocent man that is getting attacked by a group of street hoodlums that have been attacking people on the strip. He hits one of the boys in the process and the group turns on him and beats him severely. Watching Sara cry over seeing him hurt actually made me cry. I also felt sorry for Greg when he had to watch the kid he hit die. I think that he is going to internalize that way too much – he needs to realize that he did a good thing. K-Fed played an *ss – wasn’t exactly acting. What was Nick thinking when he hit him – he could get fired over that. And his comment about maybe living in the wrong city – does that mean he might be leaving the show??
  • Brilliant episode!

I wanted to smack each and everyone of those idiots that did that to not only Greg but the turists. It truly is amazing how far some people go when they have nothing else to do with their time. And then to not feel any guilt or shame, well then what has the world come to when your own concious doesn't care either... if you even have one.How some people think jail means free sleep, free food and free shower is beyond me... Weird why they never mention free gang rapes or something they never put that in the slogan.
    I loved the whole interaction between Sara and Grissom even though there wasn't much and the episode was about Greg. I totally love Brass, he's just a hero. I miss Det. Vartann, it's a shame he's not around although I must admit, I'm surprised that Sofia has more screen time in this episode than say...Catherine or Warrick. Now that she isn't a threat towards GSR, she sure does get along with Brass very well which is nice since he really does need a friend after all he's been through. Nick! Thank you! The confrontation between Nick and Cole (Kevin Federline) was great, even though Kevin had the dumbest lines for his debut to the major leagues his appearance was generally brief.
  • Once Again, Another Great Episode!

Again, CSI proves it has not lost its steam as a hardcore series. This episode delves into the dark and disappointing world of teenage deterioation in the world today, the drgradation of teenage morals and their often mistaken belief that breaking the law is okay if you don't get caught. As Grissom says, "a moral compass can point you in the right direction, but it's up to you to follow it." It's a misdirection of which Kevin Federline, the embarrassing would-be better half of Britney Spears, is guilty. He plays the ringleader of a group of kids who confuse murder, assault and battery as a hobby and pay the price for that confusion. Greg Sanders is attacked in one scene doing the right thing to save one victim. It is at this point it seems the episode will be a two-parter, but in a wierd moment of luck that only happens on TV, Nick comes up with a brilliant scheme that rounds up all the idiot teens that once again proves that criminals and law-breaking teens are idiots, and that using drugs destroys brain cells. If you're already stupid, why burn out the last few brain cells you have? The portion of the brain that tells you right from wrong is always the first part to go. If you only want to see one episode of CSI, This is it!
  • Another classic example of why CSI has remained on top all of these years.

A great episode with top notch acting and a great storyline. After people begin to be attacked at first what may appears to be racially motivated soon turns out to be a race to stop a group of thugs that will pick any victim they can find. It was nice to see Greg get a more starring role in this episode and show cases his character as someone who was willing to risk his life to save others in addition to the work he does everyday. Really worked to show how our society has been heading in the wrong direction. One of the best CSI's to date.
  • Fannysmackin' was well written,and the actors were, as always, brilliant in their roles.

Scary, intense. Those two words are the ones that came to mind the most while watching this episode. The setting is dark,creepy. It showed great character development of Greg Sanders, after the very hard to watch beating. The team dynamics seemed very different than usual, but not in way that made them out of character. The sad yet sweet moment shared by Greg and Sara seemed to really put their very close friendship into perspective. It was a combination of great acting(with the exception of the guest star), and an unsettling story line. The whole episode in general was disconcerting with random, pointless violence as the theme. All in all, it was one of the best, most thrilling, episodes in CSI history.
  • Definitely an awesome and intense episode. I thought it was good we learned more about Greg and so forth. It was a really well done episode.

Really this episode was really a great one. I loved the scene between Sara and Greg it was sweet. I hope Greg doesn't get in trouble for hitting the guy with his car. I mean it was a defence tactic what else was he supposed to do. I give props to Greg in this episode. I also liked the moment between Sara and Grissom when she was kicking the dummy. That was good. How they ended the episode was great. I mean it was one that I think left everybody thinking. What Grissom said is true. I also, thoroughly enjoyed the part where Nick punched Kevin Federline. I was like go Nick. I was glad that K. Fed's character ended up in jail. I was worried his appearance on the show might have done a disservice to the show but it didn't. They pulled it off nicely. It's a great episode and I am looking forward to next weeks episode it looks so so so good.
  • An episode that has just about everything in it. Fights, murder, a CSI gets badly injured, GSR...

I absolutely LOVED this episode! I thought the cases were really creative, and I also loved it when Nicky punched K-Fed! WOOO!!!! Poor Greggo, though. He was just trying to help and he gets beat up. Badly. And the scene with Sara? Adorable. Though I am a GSR shipper, and I especially loved the part where Sara is kicking the dummy and Grissom walks in and says "Hey! Pick on someone your own size!" Then Sara's like "Are you volunteering...?" Priceless.

Really great epiosde overall, and I absolutely CANNOT wait for next week's!! =D
  • Awesome episode! Its a must in my "best" list for CSI eps now...

Very very very good ep, best one so far in this season.
    I loved the GSR moment (why wouldnt i) and yes i also do believe i liked the Sandle moment (this one is for you Sugah)

Overall, it was a GREAT EP! i dont KNOW WHO told K-Fed that he could act, let alone rap, sucks he had to be the one, great...... now hes gonna think hes a criminal...awesome

LOVED LOVED LOVED Nick's scene with him, haha i would have ran in front of the camera as much times possible just to see them do a re-take.

WOW...poor Greg, i think we shall be seein a continuation with this ep, probably because of the (brother) at the end or something, gave him a dirty look. Yea for Greg being a hero, but sad about what happened to him.
  • This episode was amazing and revealing. That is, it gives us a scarey view of what our societies are coming to.

This episode was amazing and revealing. That is, it gives us a scarey view of what our societies are coming to. Not to sound churchish or anything, but this episode does bring forward the question of who do we really blame for the problems or rather increase of problems in our society. I mean when is it ever ok for a group to ever beat up an individual. This episode acts as a true eye opener and it is a moral wake up call. Even if its fiction.
  • A group of kids terrorize the town with random beatings.

Whoa! What memo did I miss?

Is Sarah with Grissom or Greg? Or both? Who is she Samantha from "Without a Trace"? First the boss then the co-worker. I thought maybe she had broken up with Grissom when she was kicking the dummy and asked him if he wanted to volunteer, like she was mad at him. And then she went to the scene just to see Greg. I always had a feeling there was something there, ever since Greg got out into the field.

What a deep conversation at the end. Underlying meaning?

This marks the second time Greg has ended up in the hospita, the first time being in "Play with Fire" when the lab blows up.

A note on the guest stas: Kevin Federline plays a pig wonderfully, too bad he's not acting. I thought Lorraine Toussaint wasn't given enough screen time or lines.

This is turning out to be a great season. Not that I am happy they killed Sam, but you never know what is going to happen next.
  • This is one of my favorite episodes of all time.

This is one of the best CSI episodes I've seen in a long time. I don't think any episode since Grave Danger in season five has even come close to matching this. When Sara went to see Greg in the alley after he get beaten up I almost cried. GREGGGGGGGG! I also loved the end when they were all talking about how society corrupts the youth of America. Hehehehe...
  • Way to go, Greg!

I really like the way Greg has grown into a CSI. This episode, to me, highlights the vast amount of growing Greg has done from season one. He started out as that weird kid who was severely lacking maturity. However, over the past few seasons he's matured, and out of everyone, he seems to be the most honest with himself. This is an episode that really highlights that growth. It is highly refreshing to see Greg making an adult decision, then facing the resulting consequences. He is also now mature enough to evaluate those consequences, and compare what they could have been with different decisions. It was a very personally revealing episode, not of history, but of character.
  • Poor Greg. Stupid kids that go out and beat up the tourists. Great episode.

You know that our boy Greg is doomed when he shows up at the lab all dressed up and looking good and then Grissom lets him go out to a scene on his own. Setting him up for a fall are we? I had a really hard time watching the scene where Greg got beat up. I tried to tell him to wait for back up. I know, I know, then that guy may have died. But now his face is all mangled. He can only open one eye. And that kid that he hit with the car is dead. Now Greg is hurt and he is going to get into trouble. Poor Greg. I did laugh a little. The scene where Sara is kicking the dummy in her tank top was good. Remind me not to get in a fight with her, because I really think I would lose. Sara can really kick some butt. The little exchange between her and Grissom was cute. I think the writers are going a good job so far, mixing in a scene or two; just a few seconds here and there, that show these two are together. I am a big GSR fan, but I primarily watch the show for the science and the good story telling, so while I want to see GSR, I don’t want it to take away focus from the case. My favorite part of the episode was the ending in the locker room. It was a bunch of kids that were doing the beatings. Can’t they think of anything else to do for fun? Sara made a very valid point that these kids are to blame for their actions. Parents, society, etc, they may all play a part – but when it comes down to it, these kids were old enough to know right from wrong. If they didn’t why did they use the black hooded shirts and the masks to hide their identities? The world is sometimes just a very scary place.
  • Take a good look at society. This episode really leaves you thinking.

I liked this episode a lot. It really made me look at society and what it can or already has become. If i was in Greg\'s position in that alley and some demented person was coming at me with a rock I wouuld have gladly floored the car and hit him. Hopefully Greg will not be punished because I would say it is justifiable to what he did. Also, when Nick hit Kevin Federline I was laughing too hard. I thought the moment when Sara was comforting Greg in the alley was a great one. This episode defifnitely goes down on my Top Episode List
  • A bunch of people, including Greg Sanders, are beaten up in Las Vegas by a group of college aged kids. Even though Greg is hurt pretty badly, K-Fed getting beat up balances everything out.

Tell me that this isn\'t what society is coming to...a group of misguided kids who have nothing better to do, begin a violent rampage throughout Las Vegas, beating up random tourists on the street. I don\'t know about you guys but that kinda hits a little close to home. Poor poor Greg!! He is my favorite character, and when the comic relief of the show gets severely beaten it tends to ruin the mood. But the best part of the show or at least the most amusing part for all of America was seeing Nick punch Kevin Federline in the stomach. I mean he had it coming. If I was George Eads, I definitely would not have stage punched him, but I do tend to be a method actor. And did anyone notice Sara\'s affection towards Greg? Was it just sympathy or could it possibly be something more? And the plot thickens...
  • OMG! One of the BEST episode's EVER! And so much Greg! My poor Greg though, and watching the guy he hit with his car die? So sad.

Oh WOW, I had no idea what I was in for when this episode came on. I thought it was going to be to be a throwaway, especially due to K-Fed being in it. But the emotional depth of this episode. Not to mention all the stuff we learn about Greg! Wow, I always knew he was an only child, but I never suspected his mother was a smotherer.

PLUS, hurt Greg, who can resist a hurt Greg. Then we get Nick getting all pissed off cause something happened to Greg, actually HITTING K-Fed! It was FANTASTIC! I was totally loving it, cheering for my Nicky. We all know why he did it too. (he LUVS Greg!)

Everyone was looking very hot in the episode too. They finally have all the actors hair looking good. Last year Nick ran the bad-hair gamut, poor guy. It's great to see they got some decent stylists this year.
< 1 2