CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Fannysmackin'

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 2006 on CBS

• A masked gang terrorize Vegas! Poor Greg!!

This episode was very different to the usual murder cases investigated by the CSI team and i loved it.
    The fact that the writers actually gave Greg the lead role in the episode was brilliant in itself (I feel he is very underused).
    When Greg himself became the victim I was horrified, a real nerve-wracking moment for a Greg fan. Overall the case was brilliant and the gang themselves were rather scary, it was great to see Greg take centre stage and i really hope there are more episodes that allow Greg to take the lead. Well done to CSI for this episode possibly my favourite of the season.
  • Another classic example of why CSI has remained on top all of these years.

A great episode with top notch acting and a great storyline. After people begin to be attacked at first what may appears to be racially motivated soon turns out to be a race to stop a group of thugs that will pick any victim they can find. It was nice to see Greg get a more starring role in this episode and show cases his character as someone who was willing to risk his life to save others in addition to the work he does everyday. Really worked to show how our society has been heading in the wrong direction. One of the best CSI's to date.
  • Take a good look at society. This episode really leaves you thinking.

I liked this episode a lot. It really made me look at society and what it can or already has become. If i was in Greg\'s position in that alley and some demented person was coming at me with a rock I wouuld have gladly floored the car and hit him. Hopefully Greg will not be punished because I would say it is justifiable to what he did. Also, when Nick hit Kevin Federline I was laughing too hard. I thought the moment when Sara was comforting Greg in the alley was a great one. This episode defifnitely goes down on my Top Episode List
  • Bored kids with nothing to do decide that beating people is the way to liven things up for them; and poor Greg ends up a victim, but saves another man's life.

A truly powerful ep. All it takes is one adult with no conscience to lead a pack of bored kids into rampages. Mob mentality strikes again. When they're being processed at the end, one can see that they don't care they killed a man. What Grissom says is true that society dictates that we don't have to be responsible for our actions. Scarey and disturbing...but true. Aren't we civilized.
  • A gang of thugs are out on the streets of Vegas robbing and brutally beating tourists at random. By chance Greg Sanders witnesses one such assault and rushes to help. In the process he becomes the gang's next victim.

Definitely one of the best episodes of CSI ever. You will see both how good and how evil humanity can get in this great episode and that will make emotions run wild for the viewer. Seeing how Grissom and his team put together the pieces to bring the gang to justice is another reason to enjoy it. The only negative thing about this episode is Kevin Federline's absolutely abysmal performance. It can be safely said that he has no talent as a rapper or an actor. Go home Kevin!

• This is just another great episode from CBS.

The classification says it all, this is why I watch this series.

Greg is a fantastic character and all throughout the series his character is just getting stronger and stronger. Who would of thought in this series that an actor who starts out as a lab rat could end up in the field, and risking his life for the job he has been showing so much commitment to.

This episode also highlights the fact that even though you see Sara flirting with Grissom, she still cares enough for him in her heart to run onto the crime scene in a frenzied search.

All the relationships within the lab are shown whenever one of the team gets hurt but the friendship that are shared among everyone are especially emotive in the episode, the guys don't like it when one of theirs gets hurt.

Can't wait to see what comes next.
  • One of the strongest CSI episodes ever, and judging by the other reviews I\'m not the only one who thinks so. I have no doubt that this episode will become a series classic.

The opening sequences that show what Cole Tritt and his young thugs do in their spare time are both frightening and chilling, particularly the scene in which their hooded figures are marching down the street after the first two attacks.

I thought it was a nice touch (from a dramatic perspective) to portray Greg\'s day as perfect; his first day in court going well, him not wanting the day to end, and Grissom finally trusting him enough to give him his first solo crime scene...it becomes all the more distressing when Greg happens upon the attack on Stanley Tanner. There is also a wonderful moment of split second indecision (which you see on Greg\'s face) when he is told to wait for back-up but realises the victim doesn\'t have time before driving towards the scene. Also, the moment when the SUV\'s back window is smashed and Greg exhibits his first display of fear was very well handled; it\'s the moment he realises he\'s put himself in a very dangerous situation. The camera work during the beating was well filmed, but very disurbing and hard to watch. I felt nausous when one of them spit on Greg as a final degredation.

Although not a sandle fan, I will admit that the moment between Sarah and Greg was nicely handled. You can see the panic on Sara\'s face when she asks \'why isn\'t there a medic on Greg?\', and the fear that Greg doesn\'t need a medic because he\'s dead. The scene that followed between them was both touching and sweet. However, I thought the scene with Grissom was stronger emotionally. Eric Szmanda was outstanding in this episode and I\'m glad to see that the CSI writers have finally decided to utilise his talents instead of relegating him to the \'funny\' guy as they\'ve been doing since season 1 (don\'t get me wrong, I love \'funny\' Greg, it\'s just nice to see him get other storylines).

There was also a few (possible) hints at later plotlines in this episode; the brother of Demitrius James locking eyes with Greg suggests there may be trouble there, Greg\'s horrified expression at the death of Demitrius James hints at later guilt on his part but most interesting of all was Nick\'s continuous comments on how sick of Vegas he is. Possible character departure later in the series? There is an episode later in the series entitled Leaving Las Vegas...

The moral discussion between the CSI\'s at the end was fascinating. Sara\'s comment on the kids being just as much at fault as society and the parents, and Grissom\'s point on the concept of a moral compass were particularly thought provoking.

My favourite CSI episode ever, and I can't recomend it enough.
  • Awesome episode! Its a must in my "best" list for CSI eps now...

Very very very good ep, best one so far in this season.
    I loved the GSR moment (why wouldnt i) and yes i also do believe i liked the Sandle moment (this one is for you Sugah)

Overall, it was a GREAT EP! i dont KNOW WHO told K-Fed that he could act, let alone rap, sucks he had to be the one, great...... now hes gonna think hes a criminal...awesome

LOVED LOVED LOVED Nick's scene with him, haha i would have ran in front of the camera as much times possible just to see them do a re-take.

WOW...poor Greg, i think we shall be seein a continuation with this ep, probably because of the (brother) at the end or something, gave him a dirty look. Yea for Greg being a hero, but sad about what happened to him.
  • This episode was amazing and revealing. That is, it gives us a scarey view of what our societies are coming to.

This episode was amazing and revealing. That is, it gives us a scarey view of what our societies are coming to. Not to sound churchish or anything, but this episode does bring forward the question of who do we really blame for the problems or rather increase of problems in our society. I mean when is it ever ok for a group to ever beat up an individual. This episode acts as a true eye opener and it is a moral wake up call. Even if its fiction.
  • A group of kids terrorize the town with random beatings.

Whoa! What memo did I miss?

Is Sarah with Grissom or Greg? Or both? Who is she Samantha from "Without a Trace"? First the boss then the co-worker. I thought maybe she had broken up with Grissom when she was kicking the dummy and asked him if he wanted to volunteer, like she was mad at him. And then she went to the scene just to see Greg. I always had a feeling there was something there, ever since Greg got out into the field.

What a deep conversation at the end. Underlying meaning?

This marks the second time Greg has ended up in the hospita, the first time being in "Play with Fire" when the lab blows up.

A note on the guest stas: Kevin Federline plays a pig wonderfully, too bad he's not acting. I thought Lorraine Toussaint wasn't given enough screen time or lines.

This is turning out to be a great season. Not that I am happy they killed Sam, but you never know what is going to happen next.
  • Poor Greg. Stupid kids that go out and beat up the tourists. Great episode.

You know that our boy Greg is doomed when he shows up at the lab all dressed up and looking good and then Grissom lets him go out to a scene on his own. Setting him up for a fall are we? I had a really hard time watching the scene where Greg got beat up. I tried to tell him to wait for back up. I know, I know, then that guy may have died. But now his face is all mangled. He can only open one eye. And that kid that he hit with the car is dead. Now Greg is hurt and he is going to get into trouble. Poor Greg. I did laugh a little. The scene where Sara is kicking the dummy in her tank top was good. Remind me not to get in a fight with her, because I really think I would lose. Sara can really kick some butt. The little exchange between her and Grissom was cute. I think the writers are going a good job so far, mixing in a scene or two; just a few seconds here and there, that show these two are together. I am a big GSR fan, but I primarily watch the show for the science and the good story telling, so while I want to see GSR, I don’t want it to take away focus from the case. My favorite part of the episode was the ending in the locker room. It was a bunch of kids that were doing the beatings. Can’t they think of anything else to do for fun? Sara made a very valid point that these kids are to blame for their actions. Parents, society, etc, they may all play a part – but when it comes down to it, these kids were old enough to know right from wrong. If they didn’t why did they use the black hooded shirts and the masks to hide their identities? The world is sometimes just a very scary place.
  • Excellent Greg episode.

I'm loving this season so far and I really enjoyed this episode. It was good to see Greg in the middle of things, I like the way his character has developed throughout the show. It was so cute how excited he got to be "going solo".

The episode was well written and as I've come to expect from the cast the acting was top notch (although I'm not too sure why all the hype about K-Fed!!!!)

I love, love, loved the scene between Greg and Sara. It not only highlighted the fact that the two characters are close but also showed yet again how the team is like a family.

Jorja and Eric always play well together in scenes - actually all of the cast do which is probably part of the reason the show is so good.
  • A gang terrorise Vegas and Greg is attacked by them.

This is one of the best all time CSI episodes when its not just one killer its a whole gang of them beating people up and killing them.It proves to be no longer safe to go outside in Vegas when Greg runs into the gang beating someone up but in trying to save him he runs over one of the thugs and the rest pull him out the car and brutally beat him up and they would have killed him if it wasn't for the police showing up.Greg very badly wounded saved the man's life.The CSI's knew it was a dangerous case but in they end they did well to catch all the gang and shockingly the youngest member was 14.
  • Greggo gets hurt and I just wanna hug him! Then K-Fed gets hit by Nicky and it makes thing a little better.

Well, this episode starts out like many of the others. Guy\'s getting off work, telling the wife he\'ll be home soon. Then he get fannysmacked and dies. Same with that tourist lady. When Greggo comes into the scene, he\'s dressed all snazzy in his suit and on top of the world. And it gets better when he gets to go on a solo robbery case. But, it all goes down hill when he witnesses that group fannysmackin\' another tourist. I can totally see his reasoning for going in asfter reporting it to save that guy\'s life. When he hits Demetrius James with his Tahoe, I feel really bad for Greg. Then he\'s literally pulled out of his vehicled and beaten. At least he had the concious thought to get DNA off one of the guys who hurt him.

Hands off Sara!! When Sara was doing tests with the shoe prints found on the victims\' clothing, Grissom comes in and they clearly eat each other with their eyes. then, when Sara goes to the crime scene Greg\'s at, she get all touchy feely! This isn\'t Sandle this is suppose to be GSR (not that I support either pairing).

GO NICKY!!!!

When Nicky hit K-Fed I was doing a happy dance in my seat. I\'m glad Nicky wasn\'t going to get charged for hitting that wannabe. The hospital scene al most had me crying. The way Greg didn\'t want his parents finding out about him was really sad. I wonder if Papa Olaf will make some sort of appearance this season.

The second hospital scene had me really feeling sorry for Greg. He\'s going to be so riddled with guilt it ain\'t gonna be funny. At least he has friends there to help him through it. Especially Nicky.

Grissom\'s talk about the way Las Vegas works and how it\'s all about \"what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas\" really makes perfect sense. Where I come from, we don\'t do that (not yet, sadly). Another comment I\'d like to say is that they really did a fan-fricking-tastic with the camera shots and how they had the camera imitating one of the assailant’s fists.
  • OMG!! Greggo! WHY? Great episode, kepp 'em comin'

Oh MY God, being a greg fan made me almost cry.Poor thing, all he was trying to do was help an inocent guy, and for doing a good deed, he gets beaten up for it. Thank god he didn't die! i would have freakeD! it was a great episode that kept me watching from the mintue it started. l l l l l l ll ll l l l ll l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l l l l l lll l l ll l l l l l l l l
  • When one CSI is in trouble, the others never miss a beat to help them out.

This episode was heart-wrenching and infuriating. The way it provoked a response from the audience was incredible.

As a Greg Sanders fan, it was just phenominal to see some real character developement going on here. The scene with Sara after the attack was absolutely adorable. "I came here for you, Greg." What a line (thank you Jorja Fox for the delivery). Of course, people rooting for more Sara/Greg interaction certainly got an award-winning scene with that. And the way Greg opens up to Grissom in the hospital was just fantastically done.

I particularly enjoyed the way the beating was filmed, half of it in slow motion, half of it not. The camera coming down on Greg... The whole set up was creepy, with the costumes and breaking the window and pulling him out of the car.

And Nick punching that guy, wow! I was so glad, I wanted to punch him myself.

As for the actual storyline, it just was a real teeth-grinder to hear the way those kids talked about beating up tourists like it wasn't any big deal. Wow. Talk about some heavy stuff!

Amazing character developement, enthralling story-line, great character interaction. You really see how the team comes together as a family in this, which is something we haven't really seen since Season Five's Grave Danger. Wonderful stuff!
  • Brilliant episode!

I wanted to smack each and everyone of those idiots that did that to not only Greg but the turists. It truly is amazing how far some people go when they have nothing else to do with their time. And then to not feel any guilt or shame, well then what has the world come to when your own concious doesn't care either... if you even have one.How some people think jail means free sleep, free food and free shower is beyond me... Weird why they never mention free gang rapes or something they never put that in the slogan.
    I loved the whole interaction between Sara and Grissom even though there wasn't much and the episode was about Greg. I totally love Brass, he's just a hero. I miss Det. Vartann, it's a shame he's not around although I must admit, I'm surprised that Sofia has more screen time in this episode than say...Catherine or Warrick. Now that she isn't a threat towards GSR, she sure does get along with Brass very well which is nice since he really does need a friend after all he's been through. Nick! Thank you! The confrontation between Nick and Cole (Kevin Federline) was great, even though Kevin had the dumbest lines for his debut to the major leagues his appearance was generally brief.
  • Fannysmackin' was well written,and the actors were, as always, brilliant in their roles.

Scary, intense. Those two words are the ones that came to mind the most while watching this episode. The setting is dark,creepy. It showed great character development of Greg Sanders, after the very hard to watch beating. The team dynamics seemed very different than usual, but not in way that made them out of character. The sad yet sweet moment shared by Greg and Sara seemed to really put their very close friendship into perspective. It was a combination of great acting(with the exception of the guest star), and an unsettling story line. The whole episode in general was disconcerting with random, pointless violence as the theme. All in all, it was one of the best, most thrilling, episodes in CSI history.
  • Definitely an awesome and intense episode. I thought it was good we learned more about Greg and so forth. It was a really well done episode.

Really this episode was really a great one. I loved the scene between Sara and Greg it was sweet. I hope Greg doesn't get in trouble for hitting the guy with his car. I mean it was a defence tactic what else was he supposed to do. I give props to Greg in this episode. I also liked the moment between Sara and Grissom when she was kicking the dummy. That was good. How they ended the episode was great. I mean it was one that I think left everybody thinking. What Grissom said is true. I also, thoroughly enjoyed the part where Nick punched Kevin Federline. I was like go Nick. I was glad that K. Fed's character ended up in jail. I was worried his appearance on the show might have done a disservice to the show but it didn't. They pulled it off nicely. It's a great episode and I am looking forward to next weeks episode it looks so so so good.
  • This is one of my favorite episodes of all time.

This is one of the best CSI episodes I've seen in a long time. I don't think any episode since Grave Danger in season five has even come close to matching this. When Sara went to see Greg in the alley after he get beaten up I almost cried. GREGGGGGGGG! I also loved the end when they were all talking about how society corrupts the youth of America. Hehehehe...
  • A bunch of people, including Greg Sanders, are beaten up in Las Vegas by a group of college aged kids. Even though Greg is hurt pretty badly, K-Fed getting beat up balances everything out.

Tell me that this isn\'t what society is coming to...a group of misguided kids who have nothing better to do, begin a violent rampage throughout Las Vegas, beating up random tourists on the street. I don\'t know about you guys but that kinda hits a little close to home. Poor poor Greg!! He is my favorite character, and when the comic relief of the show gets severely beaten it tends to ruin the mood. But the best part of the show or at least the most amusing part for all of America was seeing Nick punch Kevin Federline in the stomach. I mean he had it coming. If I was George Eads, I definitely would not have stage punched him, but I do tend to be a method actor. And did anyone notice Sara\'s affection towards Greg? Was it just sympathy or could it possibly be something more? And the plot thickens...
  • An ode to Marilyn Manson's "Disposable Teens" for poor, poor Greg...

OMG!!! Where do I start! A gang of kids along with only one adult decide to try their hand at beating the hell out of tourists for kicks(for some reason this reminds me of the Manson murders)...and their excuse for the first one who died was..."oh..um..gee officer..no one's ever died before"..unbelievable. Then on his first solo case, Greg goes out to process a b&e and ends up interfering with the kids little game of kick a poor defenceless man to death and literally gets his fanny smacked(hehe...catch the pun). When Sara goes to his side is a nice sweet and touching moment between the two(there still might be hope for them yet). He's now hospitalized and his poor face is all swollen and bruised...I seriously feel like crying just thinking about him...especially when he talks to Grissom and starts to cry...I just wanted to hold and comfort him. Aww..poor Greg! Also, the part where the brother(I'm assuming) of the kid Greg basically killed glares at Greg and you know he's out for revenge. CSI better not kill Greg off!!! This episode offered so much and did a wicked superb job of following through. They're even keeping up with hinting at Grissom and Sara's budding romance(when she offers to kick his ass a little...ooh..kinky!) And when Nick's anger gets the best of him when he knocks out a bystander is pretty shocking...but since it's K-Fed..I'll let it slide. Also, Greg wore docs too!!!
  • What happens when kids get bored on CSI? They beat people to death.

CSI has done a lot of really great episodes, and this one will have to go onto my top ten list. The pacing, the style, the menacing tone of the ep was just perfect. First off, those kids were just plain creepy. With the Halloween contacts and the facemasks, not only were they beating people to death, they were enjoying every minute of it. I think what made it even scarier was the fact that this kind of thing happens; bored teenagers have killed people for the fun of it.

It was great that after two years, Grissom sent Greg out to process a scene on his own. Greg has grown a lot as a CSI (though not to his mom). You also have to give it to Greg for saving the guy's life. He could have waited (five minutes) for backup and have the victim possibly be beaten to death (but stayed safe); instead he wanted to do something about it. I loved when Sara went to Greg at the crime scene. They've always had a great buddy chemistry thing going on between them. The rest of the CSI always treated Greg like the little brother, but Sara always supported him (like giving him tips for his first court appearance).

I like it when all the CSIs are working on the same case together. Those cases always seem to be my favourite. And K-Fed. Who knew he could play a greasy sleaze ball so well. It must have been a stretch for him. And his IM name was 'Pig'. How fitting. Really though, he didn't detract from the episode too much. I mostly just ignored the scenes that he was in. On the whole the episode was terrific. The season started out strong and is just getting stronger. If this keeps up it might just be the best season of CSI yet.
  • Greg gets badly beaten up by a gang of juvenile delinquents...

A group of juvenile delinquents finds a hobby in beating and kicking tourists coming to Las Vegas. The first victim is a Hispanic hotel employer who is beaten to death. The second victim, Jessica, is also beaten but is still alive. The delinquents continue their Fannysmackin' and this time their victim is an aged man. Greg was on his way back to the lab when he witnesses the brutal attack on the third victim. In an attempt to disperse the gang, Greg put on his siren and honked in his SUV. The mob ran away except for one, who picked up a rock and threw it at Greg’s car. The other members came back and pulled Greg out of his car before beating him and spitting on him. When she heard what happened to Greg, Sara rushes to his side to comfort him and later on, Grissom visits Greg in the hospital.
  • Season 7 of CSI has proven once more why it is the best of the franchise - an episode that shocked and moved me when I thought I was beyond that.

I've been watching shows like CSI for a few years now, and I watch all 3 CSI shows. So I thought I was pretty immune to any of the storylines they could show. Tonight I watched Fannysmackin' - an episode where a group of young people beat people up for fun. No remorse and no regret - amorality in a frightening, frightening way. What is worse? Being attacked? Or being attacked for no reason? Or being attacked for fun? This disturbed me.

On top of that, my favourite CSI, Greg Saunders intervened to try and save someone, and as a result was badly beaten and ended up taking the life of one of the attackers. It was horrific, and every one of the CSIs reacted in their own way - Sarah's first meeting with Greg as he lay on the ground was moving, Nick's angry reaction was understandable but it was Grissom's expression just before he spoke to Greg in hosptial that choked me up. I carefully avoid spoilers, I'm good at it now, so I don't know if any of these events will have consequences. But this was good CSI. Another reminder why CSI vanilla is the best.
  • Absolutely the best of the season so far.

This episode is why I love this series. The team never disappoints when it comes to solving crimes.
    Im glad the Greg finally got a little more time on the screen and they let him go out on his own on a scene... even though it almost got him killed.
    The little commentary on society at the end was really excellent. I love how some shows writers' say how they feel about the state of our culture.
  • K-Fed in it, and with no surprise he can't act.

Poor Greg. He was completely stoked after completing his first trial, looking all sharp in his suit and then he gets the beatdown of his life. I know a lot of people wanted to see more stories revolve around Greg, but I'm pretty sure this isn't what we all had in mind.

Man, the beating him and all the others got looked brutal. I can't imagine the feeling. What the heck would I do if even one person came up to me and started punching or kicking me, let alone the massive amount that got thrown down in this episode? how even when lying on the ground, bones broken and covered in blood, Greg is still able to tell Sara about the scratch and the spit. That's a dedicated man right there.

These kids just randomly beat the crap out of people for fun and show no remorse when confronted. What a world. It was really cool for the man whose life Greg saved to come and thank him but then also, do you get the feeling this isn't over yet? When the kid Greg hit with his car died, the look on what I assumed was his brother's face was one of those wait-and-see-what-happens-to-you-next type of stares. Finally, as much as I wanted to rag on K-Fed, I really can't. He was harmless. I mean, obviously "Pig" wasn't a harmless character, but with only a handful of lines and two real scenes, Mr. Spears didn't provide a jump-the-shark moment as I (and probably most of you) expected.
  • A group of locals get to together and go around beating up tourists for just the heck of it because they are bored with everything else that they could do, legaly.

It seems that in the early part of this 7th season of CSI, it seems that CSI is going back to its roots and what mad this show so great in the first place. First off we had an unique killer that might be a little bit of a challenge for Grissom and now we have an episode that deals with our societies’ mortals, or lack of them, much to akin to some of the first season episodes did. Plus this episode was capped off the same way that the early episode “Unfriendly Skies”, with Grissom giving off a speech that makes one think about things and make his team question their thoughts about the case. These are the type of episodes that I think that make this show is the most watched series in America and why people whom do watch the show love it so much. Also shows that while this show is getting up there in its seasons, that it isn’t dead yet, that it might have a few more years before the show is completely dead.

I am happy that they are recycling on storylines from the early part of this show, which had stronger stories than some of the lackluster ones of the pervious seasons and also made this show a lot darker then before. But the writers are clever enough to know better not to write the same story with the only difference between the two episodes are the names of the people that are involved with the story and also make the story feel like it an entire new story to the viewer, despite the fact that it has been used before.

I loved the fact that this episode was centered around Greg and I think that this might be the first episode that they did this for his character, which gives his character to expand more about him. Like the fact that he is the type of person that wouldn’t sit back, let another person get hurt and may even killed, while what he did was against rules, morality what he did was right and is something that a good majority of people won’t do if they were faced with the same happenstance that he was. While it is a shame that he had to killed another person to save the person that was being beat up, it was the person’s own fault because he was hanging out with the wrong type of crowd and didn’t leave the scene when Greg’s honk the horn which caused the rest of the people to leave, plus he held up a stone facing it toward Greg in a threatening stance. Anybody with enough common sense would think that might be threat to a person’s life and do what Greg did to the counter it, because I knew that if I was put in a situation that Greg was face with, I would do the same thing as well. I am hopping that this story ark is going to further explored in the future episodes, because this is something that won’t just go away overnight.

Now, I don’t know who is Kevin Federline and what all the buzz around him, why he is so hated, so I am judging him on an impartial basic. I thought that picked the right person to play the leader of the pack of this group of people that is beating up all of the tourists just because they had nothing else to do. While I do think that Nick punching him in the stomach was a little over the line, but it clearly shows the frustration that these guys face day in and day out with the public wanting answers, but don’t realized that it take time to get these answers that they want. That it would only be a matter of time before one of them will snapped at a civilian and that what happen at that time, but one would have to think that this guy has it coming to him with him hounding him like he did.
  • The CSI team investigate the case of large gangs going around and beating up tourists, killing one and severly injuring others, including Greg, when he heroically tries to save a beating he witnesses.

7.9
    I thought this episode of CSI was one of the best of the 7th series so far. Gangs of mostly teenagers who were "fannysmakin", ambushing tourists in alleys and beating them.
    One man is dead and one woman is in a very critical condition. The story becomes very interesting when Greg is sent out to process some of the evidence on his own. He comes across the gang beating up a man. Greg is unarmed and backup is taking too long. He must make a decision, watch and let a man die, or act.

You could see the conflict in Greg's mind and it was definitely the best moment of the episode. Greg decides to drive at them to try and break up the gang, there is one attacker left. The attacker picks up a stone and is charging at Greg, who instinctively presses the accelerator and runs the attacker over. Greg is then very badly beaten and left in a critical condition in hospital.
    The episode was interesting, exciting and enthralling. The plot was realistic and quite relevant. We got to know more about Greg and his history and I think the character will really grow after his attack.

I thought the only weak part of the episode was the scene between Sarah Sidle and Greg when Sarah came and saw Greg on the ground after his attack. When he tells her to process the scene she tears up and tells him she came for him. I thought the scene didn't really fit and raised questions about Sarah's feelings for Greg when there were no indicators previously that she had any romantic feelings for him. I also thought the acting wasn't good in this particular scene.
  • Wow!!! What an episode!!!

This episode was great!!! Poor Greg!!! He actually sorta save someone live, even though he nearly got himself killed in the process of saving someone life!!! Really good episode!!!

Poor Greg having to see the other person dying, but he should feel proud about saving the other guy especially when he came to thank Greg for saving his life, that was so nice. I love the scene with Sara and Greg!!! That was so good!!! We also got to find out about Greg and his mom was really interesting.

Hope CSI could do more episode like that!!!! Love it. At the moment my brother say that this season is much better then the last and that this season so far have out shine CSI NY. So yeah well done to the producer.
< 1 2