CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Fannysmackin'

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 12, 2006 on CBS

• The CSI team investigate the case of large gangs going around and beating up tourists, killing one and severly injuring others, including Greg, when he heroically tries to save a beating he witnesses.

7.9
    I thought this episode of CSI was one of the best of the 7th series so far. Gangs of mostly teenagers who were "fannysmakin", ambushing tourists in alleys and beating them.
    One man is dead and one woman is in a very critical condition. The story becomes very interesting when Greg is sent out to process some of the evidence on his own. He comes across the gang beating up a man. Greg is unarmed and backup is taking too long. He must make a decision, watch and let a man die, or act.

You could see the conflict in Greg's mind and it was definitely the best moment of the episode. Greg decides to drive at them to try and break up the gang, there is one attacker left. The attacker picks up a stone and is charging at Greg, who instinctively presses the accelerator and runs the attacker over. Greg is then very badly beaten and left in a critical condition in hospital.
    The episode was interesting, exciting and enthralling. The plot was realistic and quite relevant. We got to know more about Greg and his history and I think the character will really grow after his attack.

I thought the only weak part of the episode was the scene between Sarah Sidle and Greg when Sarah came and saw Greg on the ground after his attack. When he tells her to process the scene she tears up and tells him she came for him. I thought the scene didn't really fit and raised questions about Sarah's feelings for Greg when there were no indicators previously that she had any romantic feelings for him. I also thought the acting wasn't good in this particular scene.