CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Feeling the Heat

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2003 on CBS

• Sometimes I wish I didn't watch this show...

Being a parent, there is very little worse to watch than bad things happening to children, or in this case a baby. Unfortunately, the nature of the show dictates that this is bound to happen from time to time.
    Even worse is when it turns out the parents murdered him because they (wrongly) feared he had an incurable disease.

Such episodes really depress me, and though it was good, given the chance I'd not watch it again. Call me weak, but I just find it too difficult to watch.

The other two storylines were average, one of which (the man in the chair) was very underdeveloped, and almost thrown in as an afterthought.

• A baby found in the car.

During a heat wave, Grissom and Catherine investigate the death of a baby who was found dead locked in a car. Nick and Sara look into the death of a woman who was found floating in the lake with a headwound. Warrick investigates the case of a man who died at his home of an apparent heat stroke. This episode is written by Anthony E. Zuiker (creator of this series) and Eli Talbert. Directed by Kenneth Fink. A good episode, could be better. I felt happy when the CSI caught the parents. They deserve it because they killed their only child.
  • Good episode.

A young child is left in a car during a heat wave in Las Vegas so the child is basically cooked to death in the car. When CSI invesigate it looks like an acident but as they uncover more evidence it appears the child was left on purpose! They feared that the child was sick with a disease which is incurable and which killed their other child. Meanwhile they also invesigate a case when a man is electrocuted in this chair and finally Nick and Sara investigate the death of a man and woman. Overall this was a very good episode.
  • What can I say? CSI Rocks!

I just loved this episode. 3 cases & all really good & interesting ones. And all 3 about human stupidity, and as always I agree with what Grissom said: "I don't get people".

You just had to love Greg in this episode when he told Sara & Nick about the makeout spots & how hard it was to get there and Sara asking him how he knew. "A gentleman never tells" The case about the dead baby was my favorite and right from the beginning it was obvious that it wasn't accidental or a case of neglect, or else why would it be the A case.

I wanted to cry at the end when after finding out there was nothing wrong with the baby, and even if there was it was still wrong to kill him & in such a cruel way. I had tears in my eyes when he started to cry after his father left him in the car.

These episodes remind me why I love CSI so much.
  • Three stories in a hot LV day, all about stupid people..

This is one of my favorite story type: there is something that binds all these irrelevant stories.. It's hot out there. So a teenage couple decides to jump from a high cliff into the shallow water.. A guy places ice behid his fan to spray himself with cold air, but forgets that water is conductive, water which melts onto some damaged plugs.. And the main story: a mother and father lose another child.. First one died due to an illness, this one gets cooked in their car. Was it a simple mistake? Or stupid, worryful parents were too eager to "ease the pain of their beloved"?

Overall, first two are usual side mystery stories; they are filling some gaps. The main story, is CSI style, it touches the heart. As always, another great episode.
  • Murder with a different motive.

This episode was different compared to the others. Those dealing with cold-blooded killers that murder for vengeance, jealously or pure enjoyment. In this this one however, it wasn't about brutally murdering some one, it seemed to be a sort of lighter side to that. Of course, killing a small child may not sound as "light" but it was the motive, that was seemingly lighter. They killed their child because they didn't want their child to suffer, they didn't want to go through the same thing that they did with their other child, they didn't want to lose their son that way. However, their almost, 'better intentions' weren't necessary, their child- whom they thought was sick was healthy, and was reacting to the pesticides, not the same genetic illness that took the life of their first son. In the other, a girl is found washed up on shore, and a they near the end of the case they come to the conclusion that her death was an accident, she was pushed off a cliff (I know how hospitable that sounds) but out of the sake of amusement, her date dives in after her and doesn't find her, and he too dies looking for her. This is a change from murdering some one for their money.
  • BALLING! COMPLETELY BALLING!

BALLING! COMPLETELY BALLING! The theme for this show was the lost of a child. What made this episode so emotional was probably because I was not expecting it to hit so hard. Anyone who has a new born, for me its my 11 month old, then you will definitly be crying you eyes out after watching this episode, and leave you with a greater appreciation for your children. That alone is what makes this show so great. Any program that is so well done that it actually moves you emotionally is truely worth watching.