CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

CSI 12x01 "73 Seconds" - could contain spoilers

no1thinker

[1]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 19
    Well, the new season has started. It's the 1st episode with Ted Danson. I'm not sure what to make of it. I keep seeing him as Sam Malone from Cheers. I think it's going to take a few more episodes, for me at least, to see if I'm going to like this season or not. What are your opinions on this episode & start of season 12?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

csistokesfan

[2]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 22
    no1thinker wrote:
    Well, the new season has started. It's the 1st episode with Ted Danson. I'm not sure what to make of it. I keep seeing him as Sam Malone from Cheers. I think it's going to take a few more episodes, for me at least, to see if I'm going to like this season or not. What are your opinions on this episode & start of season 12?
    I actually really liked it. I like Ted's character except that I didn't like that he led to a fight between Nick and Catherine. When MH announced she was leaving George Eads and Ted Danson said they would try their best to get her to stay, do you all think there is any chance that MH might change her mind, or leave and then return to the series, I love Catherine and it wouldn't be the same without her. I hope she changes her mind

jhowell6

[3]Sep 21, 2011
    • level: 1

Boy I second that *no1thinker*, their casting, with Ted,couldn't be any worse. (My Opinion). I kept waiting for the punch line. The show shoulld have died when Grissim left, although his replacement was somewhat crediable. I predict a show cancelation is in the wind. What a shame, it was such a good show when the Bug Doctor was there. Geesh.........?

kanniballl

[4]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 18

I've seen Danson in some other stuff lately, and haven't watched Cheers in many years. He's done alright with serious and semi-serious roles in the past few decades.

So I didn't have Cheers-goggles on, and thus I think his character is alright.

Then again, I don't watch that much CSI anymore... I pretty much just tuned in last night to see how they were going to handle it all.

MitchTS

[5]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 5

I have to say I was very impressed with the premiere.

So far, I think Danson is doing a great job in the supervisor role, he asserts both an authority and a sense of humour which is something the show was desperately needing at the end of last season. I won't say whether I feel he's saved the show until I've seen a few more episodes but so far so good.

The writing was a significant improvement over last year as well. Greg particularly has livened up and I was strongly reminded of Greg from before Season 7, where they began to tone his character down. There is also a much larger sense of light-heartedness which nicely takes us back to the show in its earlier days. There are faults with the episode, but I blame that primarily on the fact that In a Dark, Dark House was ended so sloppily so there are still a few loose ends, but I hope the tension eases over between the team and we get to see some great teamwork in upcoming episodes.

The tram case was pretty decent, although I realise that the crimes needed to take a slight backseat in this episode to introduce two major characters, however I do feel the conclusion was rushed slightly. The B-case appeared very rushed, daft and kind of pointless, however, I can see it as a way to give Sara and Greg some screentime, so kudos to the writers for giving everyone an equal showing. (Something which was seriously lacking in the past three seasons.)

Overall, I feel Season 12 has gotten off to a pretty decent start. Whether I feel Ted Danson has managed to fill in the hole that CSI was digging itself into at the end of Season 11, I'll decide in a few more episodes, but nevertheless, if you were disappointed by some of the more recent seasons, you'll be relieved to know that 73 Seconds breathes a bit more life into the show.

shushu1

[6]Sep 22, 2011
    • level: 2

I didn't like his character at all. He was not brought in as a TEAM player. And the stupid stuff he did... didn't work for me, regardless of who it was. Grissom was the best, Ray worked well with the group. Ted has to Fit in a little better for me to continue to watch at all. And what's this comment about "hate to lose Nick". Are they saying Eads is leaving? I don't watch CSI-Miami cuz I hate the lead character. I will do the same for this show if this continues.

haldrey

[7]Sep 23, 2011
    Pretty good episode and Ted Danson did a swell job. Sure the character needs work and more integration with the group but although no Grissom it is a lot better than Ray.

kathyvitale

[8]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 3

Undecided I have always disliked Ted Danson I'm not sure if I can continue to watch CSI with him there too bad I have enjoyed the show

danharr

[9]Sep 25, 2011
    • level: 45

Well the story was good nice to see csi hasn't run out of ideals octopus erotic really. Our search for the new grissom is off to a rocky start I'll admit but they are trying to give Danson the quirks and oddity grissom had but less uptight and I don't see he as the reason for the fight at the end. I also have to wonder at this stage in the game where is CH going to go but I guess an actor has to do what they have to do.

dgcurtis

[10]Sep 29, 2011
    • level: 6
    I am really digging Ted Danson on the show. They went back to the formula of having a quirky boss in charge and I think it works.

Now they just need the writing that works with the cast.

iellalein

[11]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 8

dgcurtis wrote:
    I am really digging Ted Danson on the show. They went back to the formula of having a quirky boss in charge and I think it works.

Absolutely!!

Can anybody tell me why Nick said: "D.B.? Really?"I don't get it.

csistokesfan

[12]Oct 6, 2011
    iellalein wrote:

dgcurtis wrote:

Absolutely!!

Can anybody tell me why Nick said: "D.B.? Really?"I don't get it.

Because DB is short for dead bodies, so it is kind of ironic that a CSI boss would be named DB! When I first heard his name I had the same reaction as Nick did)

iellalein

[13]Oct 7, 2011
    • level: 8

AAhhh! obvously I'm BD as in brain dead.

Thanks!

csistokesfan

[14]Oct 7, 2011
    iellalein wrote:

AAhhh! obvously I'm BD as in brain dead.

Thanks!

No problem