TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

CSI Theme Songs

KadenUnknown

[1]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 5
    Has anyone else noticed that for all three CSI's, the theme song is done by the same group, The Who....
    For the original, it's Who Are You, for NY, it's Baba O'Riley, and for Miami, Won't Get Fooled Again.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to have noticed...If I am...I know I'll either feel like a major dork...or...well...no. I'll feel like a major dork.
    Edited on 03/08/2006 1:26pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Babi_angel

[2]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 10
    You're not the only one, i have noticed that to, its quite weird.

JulieJane

[3]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 6
    I noticed right away. As a matter of fact, I was wondering what WHO song would be used on each of the new shows (CSI Miami and NY) when they were first coming on since that seem to be that trend.

So, I am either a dork along with you or we are very observant!

jenlar

[4]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 19
    JulieJane wrote:

Well, the two aren't mutually exclusive! I think that many of us here may promptly fall into both categories

The relevance of Who Are You? has been explained by tptb as asking the questions the CSIs must answer with every dead body that they find. I've been wondering... are Baba O'Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again symbolic of anything to the shows? Are they just used because they're cool Who songs, or is there something in the lyrics that I'm missing that make them relevant?

Devonwood

[5]Mar 8, 2006
    • level: 10
    I don't watch New York or Miami, so I wouldn't have any idea 'cept I know that the song for Miami has that wierd screaming thing when it first comes on

taper6

[6]Mar 9, 2006
    • level: 7
    jenlar wrote:
    JulieJane wrote:

Well, the two aren't mutually exclusive! I think that many of us here may promptly fall into both categories

The relevance of Who Are You? has been explained by tptb as asking the questions the CSIs must answer with every dead body that they find. I've been wondering... are Baba O'Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again symbolic of anything to the shows? Are they just used because they're cool Who songs, or is there something in the lyrics that I'm missing that make them relevant?

Gee, and all the time I thought that noise was to drown out the dialogue to annoy me. It certainly does that well.

Hollycharmed666

[7]Mar 9, 2006
    • level: 8
    It's pretty smart, they just have to ask oner band if they can use the songs, not three different ones

LauraCynthia

[8]Mar 9, 2006
    • level: 7
    The title of one, "Won't Get Fooled Again" seems to say a lot.....in other words, you can't put this one past me. I'll succeed in solving this case (I hope)

jenlar

[9]Mar 9, 2006
    • level: 19
    LauraCynthia wrote:
    The title of one, "Won't Get Fooled Again" seems to say a lot.....in other words, you can't put this one past me. I'll succeed in solving this case (I hope)

OK... that makes sense. Any ideas on "Baba O'Riley"? Is it that New York is some sort of teenage wasteland or something?

KadenUnknown

[10]Mar 9, 2006
    Baba O'Riley is a really good song. I don't know if you guys watch House, but in the first season, when he meets Vogler, and he's pretending to play something on his desk, It's the beginning of that song. Baba O'Riley is actually a very good song.

getmeout

[11]Mar 9, 2006
    KadenUnknown wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed that for all three CSI's, the theme song is done by the same group, The Who....
    For the original, it's Who Are You, for NY, it's Baba O'Riley, and for Miami, Won't Get Fooled Again.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to have noticed...If I am...I know I'll either feel like a major dork...or...well...no. I'll feel like a major dork.

Yup, I noticed it as well. And I have to admit, I liked the song of the first CSI(LasVegas) season much better. Just a bit darker and a bit more mysterious. But since CSI isn't a mystery-show.

Does anyone know, who chose the songs as theme songs? And why? Why did they change the theme song in the 2nd CSI season?

getmeout

[12]Mar 9, 2006
    taper6 wrote:
    jenlar wrote:
    JulieJane wrote:

Gee, and all the time I thought that noise was to drown out the dialogue to annoy me. It certainly does that well.

Haha, same here
    I'd never ever mute the tv, I' never dare when CSI is on, but when the teaser is over, the credit roll starts, and there is this noiissseee, I dunno, then I have to mute the tv. And this happens just to me, who listenes to every kind of music(I swear, even Death Metal sometimes. Or italian opera ). Seems, I just never liked The Who.

pagman_rox

[13]Mar 9, 2006
    • level: 21
    I think I know the relevance of Baba O'Reily. The lyrics "Out here in the fields I fight for my meals" make me think 2 things. Well it's CSI: NY and it's kind of a rough city depending on where you go. Or it could be that the CSIs have to work hard to get evidence.

The lyrics "I get my back into my living" again seems to be a reference to the CSIs working hard. Just my two cents.