CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Fishburne to leave CSI?

Airsoftking525

[1]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 6

I recently found this article on the net:

http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/article/Source-Fishburne-closes-CSI-case-exits-series-1414463.php

What will this mean for CSI season 12?

Will Grissom be back?

What do u think?

This is my first post

Edited on 06/08/2011 2:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rye06p

[2]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 13

This news has made my day, I think Season 12 will now be able to go back to a show about agroupof CSI's who solve cases. Rather than one man who the show revolves around. I don't think Grissom will come back but I'm okay with that, I think Ecklie's daughter will be the new CSI. I'm really excited for Season 12 now!

Airsoftking525

[3]Jun 8, 2011
    I hated how season 11 seemed to revolve around Ray and Haskell. I think Grissom is coming back for a few episodes in season 12, fingers crossed.

no1thinker

[4]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 19
    I just read this too on yahoo news. Makes me happy. It would be nice, if Grissom would be back, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe Eckley's daughter?

OnePerCentClub

[5]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 35

I guess it's official now:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni11474805/

I don't know what to think...

So Marg is staying? Is Grissom coming back?

Airsoftking525

[6]Jun 8, 2011
    Marg has signed a new contract to appear in a few episodes in Season 12, i read somewhere she had signed on for 8 and would appear as a regular guest when asked. In an interview with French TV she said that Grissom would definitey be back for her last episode. I hope he reprises his role even for just a few episodes. It would be nice to see the original team led by Grissom + Cath. Fingers crossed

Edward_Nigma

[7]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 54
    Hahaha I love how no one is upset with this news. I'm glad as well...but with Marg phasing out too, they're gonna have to bring in a lot of new people! I hope the show lasts...but I have a feeling it may be done after next year (along with TV's other longest-running drama L&O: SVU).

shadowysea07

[8]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 25
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    Hahaha I love how no one is upset with this news. I'm glad as well...but with Marg phasing out too, they're gonna have to bring in a lot of new people! I hope the show lasts...but I have a feeling it may be done after next year (along with TV's other longest-running drama L&O: SVU).
    likely due to no one liking langston in general or his over focus on the show as a star. glad to see him go but i don't know if this show is going to last if they keep bleeding cast members. though i could live with the show if it was just the 2 guys brass and the others.

Ingelief

[9]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 7

hahah so funny im glad too, like you all are.. thats funny no one is sad.. i love grissom so would be great if he would come back if not i dont know if this show will last.

csi ny is more my fav now, its more a team and better cases. i wasnt thrilled with the whole Haskell think.. I was fan of fishburne in the matrix but in csi it was bad..

If cath is leaving too, than there is not much left is there??

Edited on 06/09/2011 1:04am

Airsoftking525

[10]Jun 9, 2011
    Season 11 of CSI has been a bad one for me for several reasons. I loved the ongoing serial killer cases in season 7 and 10 but hated the Haskell thing. Ever since Nick got shot at the end of last season. He has been drawing and firing his gun at every oppurtunity. The cases have lacked science and there has been too much attention on Ray. I wish the CSI's didnt carry guns because when Nick shot Dr. Jekyll at the end of season 10 it was the first time CSI's have fired the guns. I hope season 12 sees the return of scientific cases, no shooting and Grissom. Please Save CSI

CiaraPearson

[11]Jun 9, 2011
    • level: 4

After Warrick was killed off and Grissom left, I really lost interest in CSI. I've watched a few episodes here and there, but since it sounds like Catherine will be leaving as well, I think I'll finally say goodbye to CSI. I watched it because I loved the original characters and with so many now gone, I don't think I'll be watching next season at all.

I never had anything against Fishburne. He was just the unfortunate character to fill the team out after Grissom left. I think almost any new character would have suffered the same chilly reception because no one can replace Grissom.

Airsoftking525

[12]Jun 10, 2011
    Possible replacements for Langston:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/zap-laurence-fishburne-leaving-csi-7-20110608,0,1421043.story

No grissom?

rye06p

[13]Jun 10, 2011
    • level: 13

Mark Valley and Elizabeth Mitchell would be great additions. Mark would fill the void left by Warrick and the show could do with a strong female if Catherine is leaving. I could be happy with these two additions, they are both fantastic actors and I could see them fitting in nice.

Dakotagirl823

[14]Jun 11, 2011
    • level: 23
    Airsoftking525 wrote:
    Possible replacements for Langston:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/zap-laurence-fishburne-leaving-csi-7-20110608,0,1421043.story

No grissom?

As much as I like Laurence as an actor, I felt that he was quite restrained in the role of Ray Langston, until the final episode of season 11. I'm not all suprised that he's leaving and my hope is that the producers create a new character that is more edgy and one that really embraces the darker side of Vegas. I read a similar article and there is no question that the show will need to hire one or two high profile actors to fill the void left by Marg and Laurence. IMO, I'd love to see Michael Chiklis (sorry, I could never spell his name correctly) from The Shield or Tim Roth replace Laurence.

hal9000_basic

[15]Jun 22, 2011
    • level: 8
    Charlie Sheen is available.

dmmc164

[16]Jul 23, 2011
    • level: 1

Do not know why Fishburne is leaving?? Ted Danson??? Really hope not!!! They brought back Sara for no good reason, now stirring it up again. Leave it alone, my favorite show as it is!!

hakone1

[17]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 17

Edward_Nigma wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I'm also happy to see him go.