CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

General Questions & Answers Thread - Please post all your questions here.

aussieforgood

[1]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 23
    I thought that we should have an official thread for questions about CSI just like many other boards do.

Alot of people start making new threads about simple questions, so I thought we should make this thread for all your questions about the show in general or music questions or anything that pops into your head.

Post Away!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jenlar

[2]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 19
    OK... I'll bite Do any of the actors ever do any writing for the show? I guess that I'm wondering how much the actors have in their character development, other than their ad-libs and how they "play it."
    Edited on 01/24/2006 10:36am

pagman_rox

[3]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 21
    This is a great idea. We should have done it sooner. Anyways jenlar, in answer to your question, watching through my CSI DVDs and listening to the audio commentaries you learn a lot of things. Some things of interest that I've learnt is that in Butterflied Billy Petersen nearly wrote the entire last little speech himself. I'm sure there's more stuff I know but I can't remember at the moment. Oh well, I shall remember this info at a later date. I don't have any questions but shall think of one just so this thread gets some posts in it.

rock_royalty101

[4]Jan 26, 2006
    • level: 12
    I have a question. What's that Joni Mitchell song that's played in "Nesting Dolls" in the scene where I think Nick(?) is working and then it switches to Sara's apartment when Grissom arrives?

aussieforgood

[5]Jan 26, 2006
    rock_royalty101 wrote:
    I have a question. What's that Joni Mitchell song that's played in "Nesting Dolls" in the scene where I think Nick(?) is working and then it switches to Sara's apartment when Grissom arrives?

Song: Burqa
    Artist: Costanza

Played while Nick is processing carpet, and Sara is also listening to it when Grissom comes to her apartment.

aussieforgood

[6]Jan 26, 2006
    This site has almost all the music played on CSI for all 6 seasons. List of all the music on CSI
    Edited on 01/26/2006 4:55pm

rock_royalty101

[7]Jan 26, 2006
    aussieforgood wrote:
    rock_royalty101 wrote:

Song: Burqa
    Artist: Costanza

Played while Nick is processing carpet, and Sara is also listening to it when Grissom comes to her apartment.

Thankyou! I heard from someone that it was Joni Mitchell but I guess not!

Hollycharmed666

[8]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 8
    how do you enter a banner?
    and how do you upload a personal image...
    i did these via imageshack but i don't know which url to use!

sam_el

[9]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 9
    Okay, I feel really stupid for asking this, but here goes. When it came out that Lois O'Neall's company was XX something or other, Gil wanted to know why. Greg said it was because of the Kiss Kiss thing, and you can't say her name without kissing twice. Something like that. What the heck does that mean?! I have tried to figure it out, but I've come up blank. Does anyone understand? Thanks.

edmorita

[10]Jan 31, 2006
    • level: 22
    Hollycharmed666 wrote:
    how do you enter a banner?
    and how do you upload a personal image...
    i did these via imageshack but i don't know which url to use!

If you want to post a link, wrap the url with [url][/url]
    If you want to post a pic, wrap the url with [img][/img]
    If you want to load a personal pic on your profile, just paste the url in the designated space on your profile form.
    Edited on 01/31/2006 6:47pm

Devonwood

[11]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    sam_el wrote:
    Okay, I feel really stupid for asking this, but here goes. When it came out that Lois O'Neall's company was XX something or other, Gil wanted to know why. Greg said it was because of the Kiss Kiss thing, and you can't say her name without kissing twice. Something like that. What the heck does that mean?! I have tried to figure it out, but I've come up blank. Does anyone understand? Thanks.

When you say 'Lois O'Neall' , your mouth puckers into an 'O' shape twice, sort of like a kiss.

Devonwood

[12]Feb 1, 2006
    For all you people who have infinite GSR knowledge, which episode is it where Sara says 'Pin me down'? I can't seem to find it.

jenlar

[13]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 19
    Devonwood wrote:
    For all you people who have infinite GSR knowledge, which episode is it where Sara says 'Pin me down'? I can't seem to find it.

That would be Invisible Evidence.

Welcome, by the way!

ainav

[14]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 20
    Im kinda new on this forum and Im seeing a lot of names of clubs, can someone tell me all the clubs and what they stand for? Im completely lost here with all the names...
    thanks.
    Edited on 02/01/2006 4:52pm

Devonwood

[15]Feb 1, 2006
    jenlar wrote:
    Devonwood wrote:

That would be Invisible Evidence.

Welcome, by the way!

Thanks for the help, and the welcome ^.^
    Now, all I have to do is wait for that episode to come on tv again. It just came on the other day, so I probably have to wait a long time...

Sassy__

[16]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    ainav wrote:
    Im kinda new on this forum and Im seeing a lot of names of clubs, can someone tell me all the clubs and what they stand for? Im completely lost here with all the names...
    thanks.

Hi ainav I guess you are asking about the ships thread here. There are only two ships with threads here right now. That is GSR (Grissom/Sara) and GCR/Grillows(Grissom/Catherine Romance). GSR is on their thread no. 2 already, and called their thread no. 1 as club GSR. The G/C shippers is kinda new also here, and on thread no. 1.. the GC thread is called gil and catherine honeymooners haven. Correct me if Im wrong though.
    Edited on 02/02/2006 7:30am
    Edited 2 total times.

ainav

[17]Feb 2, 2006
    • level: 20
    Sassy__ wrote:
    ainav wrote:
    thanks.

Hi ainav I guess you are asking about the ships thread here. There are only two ships with threads here right now. That is GSR (Grissom/Sara) and GCR/Grillows(Grissom/Catherine Romance). GSR is on their thread no. 2 already, and called their thread no. 1 as club GSR. The G/C shippers is kinda new also here, and on thread no. 1.. the GC thread is called gil and catherine honeymooners haven. Correct me if Im wrong though.

thanks
    I like both camps!!!
    Edited on 02/02/2006 11:04am

rock_royalty101

[18]Feb 3, 2006
    Sassy__ wrote:
    ainav wrote:
    thanks.

I believe that is totally accurate. It's intresting how there's only two ships here. It would be nice if more people came out and started threads, then we could be more diversified! We were the only ship for quite a while so it's good to see another one here! Makes it a true CSI forum!

getmeout

[19]Feb 4, 2006
    • level: 5
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 02/16/2006 7:57am

Devonwood

[20]Feb 11, 2006
    How old exactly is Grissom? Was he born in 1956, following the dates of the Paul Milander serial murders? I'm watching one of those episodes today and one of the team said something like "I heard about your birthday"...and he got uncomfortable, leading me to believe that Grissom's birthday followed the path....