CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

General Questions & Answers Thread - Please post all your questions here.

vitha7

[21]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 1
    hi guys...i'm just here to ask if all the episodes are from real cases or writers using their creativities??
    Anyway, i really enjoy csi.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aussieforgood

[22]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 23
    I heard once that they sometimes base some on real cases, but mostly it's their creativity.

Devonwood

[23]Feb 13, 2006
    • level: 10
    vitha7 wrote:
    hi guys...i'm just here to ask if all the episodes are from real cases or writers using their creativities??
    Anyway, i really enjoy csi.....

I watched a special thing, and it said that they have a few former CSI's on the writing staff that use actual events from cases they've had (changing names, of course). Some things though, are purely the writers' genius (such as Grave Danger). The former CSI's just tell them what techniques and equipment to put into the episodes.

EnigmaRo

[24]Feb 15, 2006
    • level: 5
    Does anybody know what type of car has Captain Brass in A Bullet Runs Through It (Part 1 and 2) his black one ?

jenlar

[25]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 19
    Devonwood wrote:
    How old exactly is Grissom? Was he born in 1956, following the dates of the Paul Milander serial murders?

Yup... I think that's right. That's the way I understood it, anyway...

dareu2move

[26]Feb 21, 2006
    • level: 9
    Hey,
    I love CSI but I haven't had much time to watch it in the past and I realize that I have missed a lot of episode, unfortunately. Can someone tell me about Lady Hathaway's character in CSI and when she has been on CSI before and the circumstances? Thanks in advance.

Im2Crazy4U

[27]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 51
    dareu2move wrote:
    Can someone tell me about Lady Hathaway's character in CSI and when she has been on CSI before and the circumstances?

It's actually Lady Heather, not Hathaway, but that's okay.

If you're curious about her, then check out this existing thread.

becca919

[28]Feb 25, 2006
    • level: 3
    I'm new to the forum and had a question too. When exactly did the Grissom/Sara thing start? I started watching CSI around season 3 or 4, so I think I definitely missed something.

jenlar

[29]Feb 25, 2006
    • level: 19
    becca919 wrote:
    I'm new to the forum and had a question too. When exactly did the Grissom/Sara thing start? I started watching CSI around season 3 or 4, so I think I definitely missed something.

GSR shippers usually consider the second episode of season 1 (Jorja's first appearance as Sara) as the first GSR "moment." It's been little bits here & there ever since, with one or two big ones thrown in for good measure.

becca919

[30]Feb 25, 2006
    Okay, because I know she's been crushin on him but he's been pretty asexual (until Lady Heather, that is!). Now I feel a little more caught up. Thanks for the reply!

rock_royalty101

[31]Feb 26, 2006
    • level: 12
    EnigmaRo wrote:
    Does anybody know what type of car has Captain Brass in A Bullet Runs Through It (Part 1 and 2) his black one ?

So I did a little bit of researching for you on this one. So I'm thinking that you mean this wonderful hunk of metal.

And that would be a Dodge Charger I think

Hope I could help!

becca919

[32]Feb 26, 2006
    I figured you guys have talked about this already so I was going to post this ponderance in here: have you guys ever wondered if maybe CSI gets too "real" sometimes and can sometimes show a criminal exactly how to do something? Like, some posters have joked that if they ever had to get away with murder they probably could from watching so much CSI, but there's some truth to that.

The writers must realize that line of thinking; maybe they leave out certain elements of how to do something so nobody can replicate it exactly. I mean, we already have the 'CSI effect' on juries, the bad guys must be next. I wonder if they would actually admit, "oh I saw how to commit arson from that episode of CSI with the potato chip bag in the electrical outlet, it was way cool!"

Any insights?

rock_royalty101

[33]Feb 26, 2006
    • level: 12
    I think it definately is a valid point. Hollywood is Hollywood and they exaggerate things. CSI is not exception. I think the whole teaching criminals point is a valid point but one that is going to become unavoidable at some point. It's not like CSI is the first cop show. I know my mom watches Silent Witness, a British cop show. It does touch some areas of forensic science and certainly touches how the criminals commit the crime. I think the main message coming through the show is "There is always a clue left." It's the principle of Locard's Theory. I've said this before, you'd already have to be thinking about committing a crime. It's not like you're a perfectly normal person and one day you sit down, see CSI and go "Oh, I'm going to go murder someone and use bleach to clean everything down." There are some sick people out there.

On the flipside, CSI has encouraged many more people to aspire to be criminalists (me included!), and has boosted the enrollment rates in Forensic Science programs in unis. I think everything balanaces itself out in the end, it's just that the media always concentrates on the negative side of things instead of seeing the positive side.

aussieforgood

[34]Feb 26, 2006
    Plus I doubt that anyone who would want to commit a crime would rely only on CSI, or any other show. If I were thinking of getting away with murder or arson I'd surf the net not watch a tv show. But I guess there are alot of stupid criminals out there who think they could get away because they watched a tv show.

Im2Crazy4U

[35]Feb 27, 2006
    This is the same as bomb book makers. Just because they show someone how to build a bomb, it doesn't mean they will or can.

Lots of universities have criminal psychology cources where the term paper is "how to commit a perfect crime", and this doens't seem to cause more or less "perfect crimes".

Bad people do bad things, regardless of the quantity/quality of original ideas they are given by TV/movies/games/books.

becca919

[36]Feb 27, 2006
    Yeah, I know you guys are right; if the criminal tendency is there, they'll do something regardless of what they watch, listen to, or are told.

And I like the idea that the premise of the shows is that "there's always a clue left behind".

But that's what I like about this forum so far, I can put somethin out there and get constructive feedback!

Im2Crazy4U

[37]Feb 28, 2006
    becca919 wrote:
    But that's what I like about this forum so far, I can put somethin out there and get constructive feedback!

Sorry .. I wasn't trying to be helpful.

Dreamygal222

[38]Mar 1, 2006
    Hi guys. I'm new to the CSI forum but I think this is the right place to ask this since it's the question thread...

I've noticed there are quite a few GSR shippers around here so I was wondering if any of you would mind giving me a quick rundown of all the main "GSR Moments" so far. I thank anyone who does this in advance.

*Prepares to be chased off the CSI forum by hardcore shippers for my lack of GSR knowledge*
    Edited on 03/01/2006 4:05pm

aussieforgood

[39]Mar 1, 2006
    Dreamygal222 wrote:
    Hi guys. I'm new to the CSI forum but I think this is the right place to ask this since it's the question thread...

I've noticed there are quite a few GSR shippers around here so I was wondering if any of you would mind giving me a quick rundown of all the main "GSR Moments" so far. I thank anyone who does this in advance.

*Prepares to be chased off the CSI forum by hardcore shippers for my lack of GSR knowledge*

If you like I'll post them here but go visit us at the GSR Club 3 thread & you'll find our list on the first page. and please feel free to join us crazy shippers at our GSR club. New Geeklovers are always welcome.

aussieforgood

[40]Mar 1, 2006
    Here's the list for you Dreamygal222

Tha List of GSR-y Goodness wrote:
    1x02: "I don't even have to turn around. Sara Sidle"
    1x03: "Tape me up"
    1x09: Mile high club
    1x10: "Sleep with me" and the DecomPig Scene
    1x16: Sara cries in front of Griss
    1x19: they exchange a flirty smile when Sara matches the paper to the printer
    2x02: Huge invasion of personal space (I would post a screencap but can't)
    2x05: The Chalk Scene
    2x11: Jealous!Grissom (Greggo)
    2x12: "It's easy to wear your heart on your sleeve when you're not looking in his eyes"
    2x15: The Plant (girls like vegetation!)
    2x16: "Since I met you."
    2x23: background song: "Drawn to her, Like a moth to a flame"
    3x01: Gris listens to "Ridi, Pagliacci"(tragic aria about lost love) Sara comes in & turns the music off
    3x02: The Chalk Scene, mentioned in court, to Sara's horror
    3x03: "You expect me to be there at a moments notice. It's confusing"
    3x09: "I have you."
    3x22: "Don't know what to do about ...'this' "
    4x07: Pin Me Down
    4x12: *Butterflied*
    4x16: "You see me everyday."
    4x17: the Entomology textbook and "half a heart"
    4x21: Looking for a screw.
    4x22: "I thought you didn't have a problem with me." Note the enclosed space they find themselves in when this is said
    4x23: "Come on, I'll drive you home"
    5x01: Can we talk?
    5x02: Grissom says he's concerned about Sara. (To her face.)
    5x03: "Pretty smart for a 7th grader"
    5x05: fantasizing about a girl at work & Grissom brings Sara a cup of tea, conversation about happy marriage
    5x12: Post-PEAP Session
    5x13: Apartment Scene
    5x18: "I hear it's a good make out spot"
    5x19: Jealous!Grissom ("I saw everything")
    5x21: Jealous!Grissom (Pillow scene) and butterfly picture in the window
    5x24 Grave Danger w/ Trigger the Horse
    6x03: (-GSR) Suffocation comment
    6x08: "Well this is per me" and they exchange smiles.
    6x12: "Maybe some people just aren't meant to be together." (followed by Bewildered!Grissom)
    6x13: Grey hair can be very attractive!