Official "Father of the Bride" topic

OnePerCentClub

[1]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 35

CSI is back!

Please discuss here the episode "Father of the Bride", airing on Thursday, April 28th.

Do not discuss other episodes here.

Just 3 more episodes until the season finale... Don't forget to watch

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TabberMSTie

[2]Apr 28, 2011
    • level: 5

I was so happy to see Louise Lombard back on CSI. But, to my frustration, they still kept her to exposition. Seriously, it's a waste of her talents. At least her involvement will come into play in the next episode.

thribs

[3]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 8

I was hoping they said he escaped to NY so we can have another crossover, Miami wouldn't of worked as Horatio would of just shot him the first time he sees him.

TabberMSTie

[4]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 5

thribs wrote:

I was hoping they said he escaped to NY so we can have another crossover, Miami wouldn't of worked as Horatio would of just shot him the first time he sees him.

Since it's in LA, I wonder if they'll run into that female cop that Brass worked with in the episode "Hollywood Brass".

faugraham

[5]Apr 30, 2011
    • level: 10
    TabberMSTie wrote:

I was so happy to see Louise Lombard back on CSI. But, to my frustration, they still kept her to exposition. Seriously, it's a waste of her talents. At least her involvement will come into play in the next episode.

I was so happy as well... here's hope to see her more, maybe come back to be a regular cast member. I love sofia.

vicbjones

[6]May 1, 2011
    • level: 12

The Brides are definitely nuts. One bride shoots the bride who helps her break Haskell out of custody, and another bride shoots her? And neither of them sees this coming. I'm a little annoyed that the season finale looks to feature another Ray vs. Haskell confrontation, almost as much as Sara running investigations where she has a potential conflict of interest. It's one thing for Grissom to obsess about Anonymous and go after him one-on-one; he was the boss. But Ray is "only" a level 2. Catherine stopping Ray in the hall and telling him they go after Haskell as a team was more than the writers did in the 200th episode, but they could have gone further and have Catherine question whether Ray could keep his cool where Haskell was concerned or even have Sara, Nick, or Brass do it.

The best part of the episode was Nick, Greg, and the deputy discovering the bodies in the house. ("That's just wrong." LOL} Logically, I think they should have stayed outside and waited for backup, but dramatically it worked, and I guess having the three of them go in was cheaper than having to hire a bunch of extras to accompany them. But every time the CSI's storm a house guns drawn (e.g., "Squeegel"), I flash back to the episode where Catherine accidentally blew up the lab and Brass read Sara the Riot Act for storming a crime scene. The distinction between scientists and cops is something that's always distinguished CSI from its spinoffs.

The worst part of the episode was Ray touching the laptop keys without gloves.

Is Curtiss taking Ecklie's place, and what's the likelihood he'd give her a good recommendation?

Edited on 05/01/2011 6:42am

danharr

[7]May 2, 2011
    • level: 46

Good episode glad to see Sophia again and loved all the back and forth killings the story was well layered and why does Haskell want to kill cello lady that's going to be interesting.