CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official 'Long Ball' topic -- (Jan 21st)

Joker00303

[1]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 67
    Discuss.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Brasslover

[2]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 3
    This episode was exceptionally great! Funny, entertaining. Greg and Sara were cute, I loved to see Sara happy again. Her smile was a gift Even Langston was cool. Everybody shared correct screem time. I loved it.
    Edited on 01/22/2010 9:57am

xxrafter

[3]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 2

While I thought the Greg/Sara screne was cute on the surface, and was thrilled to get a Grissom reference, after a little while a few things started bothering me. Sara's comment about the golf issue not coming up between her and Grissom. How could she not know if Grissom was interested in golf fan or not. It isn't something that needs to be discussed in detail. Why couldn't they just have her say, 'No, he's strictly a baseball guy'. It's just another thing that makes me feel uneasy, along with the awkward joke about the mayb not being married comment. The 'just kidding' comment didn't do much to ease my doubts.

It also strikes me as bizarre how Sara has never in the entire previous 8 seasons that her character was on the show, and even after she and Grissom became involved, appeared to be happier than she is now that she's 6000 miles apart from Grissom. I don't get it. Hmm, Sara does seem to be awfully smitten with Ray. I sure hope they(Grissom/Sara) being a 'modern couple' doesn't also imply that they have a 'modern relationship'!!

Having said all that, I want to stress that this isn't criticism against JF/SS but exclusivley against the writers. I am feeling very bitter towards them. I read on another board that there were a lot of new writers and I wonder how invested they are in keeping GSR alive. It would explain things to a certain extent.

SaraGris

[4]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 14
    I am sure that all the GSR references were to please all the GSR fans. We don't have to see more into it. Knowing their history, the "modern" relationship makes no sense. They work in a team and be on great terms. I loved this light atmosphere on CSI.
    Both Grissom and Sara were faithful to each others for years, even when they were far away, why would they start being otherwise.

I enjoyed the case too. It was interesting. Loved the light colours, too.

missyssippi

[5]Jan 22, 2010
    • level: 13
    Good case, great interactions. I loved how happy Sara looked. Ray was okay, too.

Syd_CB

[6]Jan 23, 2010
    • level: 15
    Hey it's Admiral AJ Chegwidden from JAG! (John M. Jackson) Always cool to see him, as a murder victim no less.

danharr

[7]Jan 24, 2010
    • level: 45
    Decent episode I liked the Grissom reference as well didn't really like the whole thing was an accident but one light episode is to be expected at least.

lynna12000

[8]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 21
    I actually liked the episode more BECAUSE it was an accident. It was a nice change from people committing pre-meditated murder.

haldrey

[9]Jan 26, 2010
    • level: 22
    Pretty good episode, great storyline and everybody were ell played. Glad Sara had more air time and that somebody questioned if she was really married to Grissom. Love by e-mail, 6,000 thousand miles apart, I doubt it.