CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official 'Sqweegel' topic

Joker00303

[1]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 67

Discuss.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

csistokesfan

[2]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 22
    Joker00303 wrote:

Discuss.

very very good episode, it had the "early seasons" feel to it! Although I am wondering if this story line will be continued.

StellaMagic

[3]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 18
    I saw tonight's episode and it rocked. Sqweegel proved to be interesting. He raised a lot of questions about himself: Who is he? How did he know the icons he killed harbored secrets? What is the symbolism behind his suit? What is his motive for the killings? What did he mean when he said "I Am No One?" I hope we see him again. He could be the biggest mystery since the Miniature Killer. If he does return, I hope it will bring a CSI/Criminal Minds crossover. If anyone could crack his mind and find out who he is, it is the BAU Team.

haldrey

[4]Oct 16, 2010
    Very interesting episode and yes. the storyline will be continued, that is the idea. Sometimes this season long storyline is carried over to more than one season.

csistokesfan

[5]Oct 16, 2010

I am wondering if the orange peelshad any significance, anybody have any ideas?

OnePerCentClub

[6]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 35
    I think the orange peels will be explained in the next episodes.

But I have to admit it was a pretty creepy episode and the idea of the Squweegel killing in the plain daylight in a car wash makes the whole case pretty damn scary and the killer a monster.

I saw less people investigating, it was only Ray, Catherine, Nick and Greg. But it was okay, as long as I don't see annoying Hodges around all the time it's fine.

And yes, this got the feel of the first seasons. Actually, it reminded me of that Nick's stalker guy episode - which is mentioned by Catherine here.

BarryWeen3

[7]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 14
    It was a very good episode. Hopefully Sqweegel will return.

How many of you based off of this episode will take a look at Zuiker's Level 26 digi-novels, considering the character of Sqweegel came from there? Or are you already familiar with the character because you've either read the Dark Chronicles novels or checked out Level 26.com? I'm curious.

danharr

[8]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 45

Great episode best of the season so far and of course sqweegel will be back. At first I was like do we need another super criminal for the csi's to fight but if the stories are going to be this good the answer is yes.

Joker00303

[9]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 67
    This episode was one of the best episodes in recent seasons. THis had the old season CSI feel to it. This serial killer is new, exciting, and frickin' creepy! I'm excited to see how they play this out, and what happens. This episode had my heart pounding, and I loved it! That serial killer/stalker, really creeped me out!

OnePerCentClub

[10]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 35
    Joker00303 wrote:
    This episode was one of the best episodes in recent seasons. THis had the old season CSI feel to it. This serial killer is new, exciting, and frickin' creepy! I'm excited to see how they play this out, and what happens. This episode had my heart pounding, and I loved it! That serial killer/stalker, really creeped me out!

Agree, agree, agree!

chloeshelle55

[11]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 11

StellaMagic wrote:
    I saw tonight's episode and it rocked. Sqweegel proved to be interesting. He raised a lot of questions about himself: Who is he? How did he know the icons he killed harbored secrets? What is the symbolism behind his suit? What is his motive for the killings? What did he mean when he said "I Am No One?" I hope we see him again. He could be the biggest mystery since the Miniature Killer. If he does return, I hope it will bring a CSI/Criminal Minds crossover. If anyone could crack his mind and find out who he is, it is the BAU Team.

I watched the episode with my sister and said almost the exact same thing! I just thought that this serial killer would an interesting crossover opportunity for CSI and Criminal Minds!

Dakotagirl823

[12]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 23
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

How many of you based off of this episode will take a look at Zuiker's Level 26 digi-novels, considering the character of Sqweegel came from there? Or are you already familiar with the character because you've either read the Dark Chronicles novels or checked out Level 26.com? I'm curious.

I read the book Level 26 and I've also checked out Level 26.com. It was an interesting digi-novel but in my opinion, I don't think it packed the punch that Zuiker intended. I'm not familiar with the Dark Chronicles novels but now I'm interested in reading them. I find Sqweegel to be more compelling than Dexter Morgan, and that says alot as I'm a huge fan of the show. I do see Sqweegel returning and my guess is that it will be during the sweeps period. I agree with Stellamagic that the Sqweegel storyline would make an excellent crossover with Criminal Minds. IMO, since Sqweegel is someone who is highly intelligent and doesn't have any known identity, I think that he would be the first serial killer that the BAU couldn't create a profile for.

BarryWeen3

[13]Oct 18, 2010
    • level: 14
    Dakotagirl823 wrote:
    BarryWeen3 wrote:

I read the book Level 26 and I've also checked out Level 26.com. It was an interesting digi-novel but in my opinion, I don't think it packed the punch that Zuiker intended. I'm not familiar with the Dark Chronicles novels but now I'm interested in reading them. I find Sqweegel to be more compelling than Dexter Morgan, and that says alot as I'm a huge fan of the show. I do see Sqweegel returning and my guess is that it will be during the sweeps period. I agree with Stellamagic that the Sqweegel storyline would make an excellent crossover with Criminal Minds. IMO, since Sqweegel is someone who is highly intelligent and doesn't have any known identity, I think that he would be the first serial killer that the BAU couldn't create a profile for.

The Dark Chronicles is the trilogy Zuiker is writing, the first two of which have now been released. If you read Level 26 then you have read the Dark Chroniclesm as the trilogy is about Steve Dark. The second book is out now. They've also been called the Dark Series, Level 26 digi-novels, etc.

LisaDavidson0

[14]Feb 4, 2011
    • level: 2

they should definitely do a CSI and Criminal Minds crossover for Sqweegel

Edited on 02/04/2011 8:57am

rye06p

[15]Feb 6, 2011
    • level: 13

I completely agree with everyone, this really did feel like an early season episode - even my dad who doesn't like CSI, watched this and couldn't wait to find out who Sqweegal was and then he was devastated when it wasn't revealed. Can't wait for the next episode!

maladroitmortal

[16]Feb 25, 2011
    • level: 9
    This was one of the best episodes in recent years. We have been waiting to see when he will be back.. where is he?! (she?)

pretty_sure

[17]Jun 2, 2011
    • level: 38

Crap! I just post a forum about what i think theyll do with the Sqweegl story, before i saw that. my fourms call Sqweegl: The Sequal. check it out. I think i might have figured out whats next.