CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official 'The Lost Girls' topic --- (Nov 12th)

Joker00303

[1]Nov 11, 2009
    • level: 67
    Discuss the first ever CSI trilogy here!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

puppybunny1

[2]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 13
    I saw both the CSI: Miami and CSI: NY crossed over. The ending of the trilogy was disappointing to me. The "LOST GIRLS" was pregnant in CSI:NY. What happened to her baby? The writing on the other 2 shows were better. I used to love the original CSI, now I just stop watching.

csistokesfan

[3]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 22
    puppybunny1 wrote:
    I saw both the CSI: Miami and CSI: NY crossed over. The ending of the trilogy was disappointing to me. The "LOST GIRLS" was pregnant in CSI:NY. What happened to her baby? The writing on the other 2 shows were better. I used to love the original CSI, now I just stop watching.
    the girl had a miscarriage, they explained it, that was why all that blood was on the mattress. I liked the csi vegas part of the trilogy best, but that is because I don't like CSI miami or NY

haldrey

[4]Nov 13, 2009
    After watching the complete trilogy I can say that the Vegas one was weakest leg. Not too pleased with the ending, the mafia group was not touched. Like I said before the trilogy was mainly, or looked like, to develop Dr Langston character.

csistokesfan

[5]Nov 13, 2009
    haldrey wrote:
    After watching the complete trilogy I can say that the Vegas one was weakest leg. Not too pleased with the ending, the mafia group was not touched. Like I said before the trilogy was mainly, or looked like, to develop Dr Langston character.
    In my opinion they need to quit developing his character, I have had quite enough of him being slammed down our throats, they did it so much when he came on the show last year, they have done better with it this season until the trilogy episodes, with these episodes they went back to their old ways...

Tirill

[6]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 3

CSI is not the same anymore. This episode was yet another example of that. Crappy ending to the story. And I think the episode was just overall boring.

The show will never be the same without Grissom and Warrick. I actually like Langston, but he will never be Grissom (I know he´s not suppose to be)

I used to love CSI LV, but in my eyes CSI NY is now the better of the 3. LV comes in 2.

pgsuperfan

[7]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 25
    I liked all three of the shows. Now that Caine and Mac and Ray all know each other I hope they do more crossovers

melgirl1778

[8]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    I hope they cross over with Catherine, We have had enough of Ray! Dont the producers and writers see that all the fans want less of him?

I only saw the Vegas episode and i didn't think it was too bad, It held my interest for the entire time, which is more then i can say for last season. The promo for next weeks episode looked way better however, yey Sara back again!

blue_fish24

[9]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 18
    I agree, I feel Catherine should have been the one to visit the other cities. I like Ray, but I agree with someone who said TPTB are pushing his character on us. Since Gil left, I feel like the show has focused more and more on developing Ray's character, when I would rather it focus on the team as a whole like it used to. Personally, I felt the Vegas leg of the crossover was a bit of a let down. After seeing the Miami and New York episodes, I expected it to focus more on the human trafficking ring as a whole, not just Ray's search for Madeline.

intimidationcap

[10]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 6

I thought the crossover was not bad. It could have been better, but they did a fairly decent job. I thought they did a really nice job of showing how the police/law enforcement have no way to get to the ring leaders, gangs, etc. They are powerless; it is these gangs and such that are in complete control. I actually thought the ending worked, it on the one hand again emphasized the control these people have, while giving one small victory in the form of Madeline. I also don't have a problem with Ray. Laurence Fishbourne is a very talented actor and I was thrilled to hear he would be replacing William Peterson, although I was very sad to see him go. I agree the show hasn't been quite as good since Peterson's departure, but that isn't Ray's fault. It's purely the scriptwriters who continue to write these ridiculous episodes, like the second one this season, that undermine the good ones.

To go back to this episode, I had two main problems with the crossover, problems that the CSI franchise will need to address before making any other crossers. First, what was the point of the crossover? What I mean is that there really was never a reason for Ray to fly all the way to Miami and then to New York. They were never able to justify this episode needing to be split into three parts. The story could have almost been told in one. I get what they were getting at, with the human trafficking and the moving of these girls from city to city and that's good. But somehow the pacing was off. Sometimes it felt rushed, sometimes too slow. Hence, it never really felt like it needed to be a three-piece episode. Second, they used different directors and writers for each separate episode of the crossover. Okay, no, just no. That's about as bad an idea as you can get. Why? Well, let's look at Ray. He comes to Miami and instantly becomes Miami Ray, a complete rendition of everything Miami characters are: shallow, over dramatic, cheesy emotionally. In New York he becomes New York Ray, falling into the pattern of the New York style characters, which granted are better than the Miami ones, not that that is saying much. We basically saw three different Ray Langstons. This needed to be more universal; one writer, one director, one character; not 3-5 of everything.

Overall I give the crossover a 7. I would like to see what they do with future crossovers.

cathgil

[11]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 16
    i still think sara should have done the cross over.. if there is a furter cross over i say have sara do it.

xxrafter

[12]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 2

Yeah, but if the main complaint about Langston is that he's taking away screen time from Cath, Nick and Greg, then having Sara who's been gone for two years and is only back on and off going to the head of class is hardly fair. Btw, what exactly is the pecking order in the team now? I know Cath is Supervisor, then I think Nick is Assistant Supervisor. After that are Ray, Greg and Sara all Level 2?

Seems like the viewing numbers for the trilogy have been pretty good and CSI LV got it's highest numbers of the season so far. Can't have been that bad, no?

On a completely different note - maybe someone has a quick answer! I keep reading that the Vegas lab is the 2nd best in the country, which lab is no. 1? Has this ever been mentioned on the show?

csistokesfan

[13]Nov 15, 2009
    xxrafter wrote:

Yeah, but if the main complaint about Langston is that he's taking away screen time from Cath, Nick and Greg, then having Sara who's been gone for two years and is only back on and off going to the head of class is hardly fair. Btw, what exactly is the pecking order in the team now? I know Cath is Supervisor, then I think Nick is Assistant Supervisor. After that are Ray, Greg and Sara all Level 2?

Seems like the viewing numbers for the trilogy have been pretty good and CSI LV got it's highest numbers of the season so far. Can't have been that bad, no?

On a completely different note - maybe someone has a quick answer! I keep reading that the Vegas lab is the 2nd best in the country, which lab is no. 1? Has this ever been mentioned on the show?

I am pretty sure sara is level 3 CSI I think Greg is as well, not totally sure though

the number 1 lab is in quantico virginia, I don't know if that has even been said on the show but I just that

xxrafter

[14]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 2
    csistokesfan wrote:
    xxrafter wrote:

I am pretty sure sara is level 3 CSI I think Greg is as well, not totally sure though the number 1 lab is in quantico virginia, I don't know if that has even been said on the show but I just that

Thanks for the quick answers. Not sure if I understand correctly or not but to move from level 2 to 3 is not due to a promotion but an automatic thing after a CSI has put in a certaina amount of time? Weren't Sara and Nick vying for a promotion from CSI 2 to 3 during the earlier years but due to budget issues nobody was promoted? I could be remembering that wrongly!!

Sorry about rehashing of old info but I've just started randomly rewatching old episodes (just miss Grissom so much:cry and realized how much I forgot or rather never really paid much attention to at first. It's turning out to be quite enjoyable going bach to the beginning.

csistokesfan

[15]Nov 15, 2009
    xxrafter wrote:
    csistokesfan wrote:
    xxrafter wrote:

I am pretty sure sara is level 3 CSI I think Greg is as well, not totally sure though the number 1 lab is in quantico virginia, I don't know if that has even been said on the show but I just that

Thanks for the quick answers. Not sure if I understand correctly or not but to move from level 2 to 3 is not due to a promotion but an automatic thing after a CSI has put in a certaina amount of time? Weren't Sara and Nick vying for a promotion from CSI 2 to 3 during the earlier years but due to budget issues nobody was promoted? I could be remembering that wrongly!!

Sorry about rehashing of old info but I've just started randomly rewatching old episodes (just miss Grissom so much:cry and realized how much I forgot or rather never really paid much attention to at first. It's turning out to be quite enjoyable going bach to the beginning.

I am not quite sure how that works, I know that Nick and sara were trying to get a promotion but I am not sure what for.

I miss Grissom too, a lot, and Warrick at least we got sara back!

catSaracat

[16]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 23
    csistokesfan wrote:
    xxrafter wrote:
    csistokesfan wrote:
    xxrafter wrote:

I am not quite sure how that works, I know that Nick and sara were trying to get a promotion but I am not sure what for.

I miss Grissom too, a lot, and Warrick at least we got sara back!

They mentioned the promotion in 'After the show" both Sara and Nick put in. It was a promotion to Lead CSI (Grissom wrote his recommendation in 'Eleven Angry Jurors').

catSaracat

[17]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 23
    Btw, I've just watched all the three eps of he crossover. And I'm satisfied with all of them. They were good.However, I loved CSI NY part the best.

Brasslover

[18]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    I enjoyed all the three CSI series. This was a good idea and was made well. I missed the Cath in the las vegas part but apart from that, it was ok.

danharr

[19]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 45
    I liked it just fine I judged each segment as an individual episode of the series not as competition between them. Langston got too much time funny they went there again and I guess a happy ending occasionally isn't so bad.

melgirl1778

[20]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 7
    Sara and Greg are both CSI 3. Greg was recently promoted, and i believe Sara came in on that level. Nick was promoted early in the first season to that level. As for the promotion, it was a promotion to a lead CSI, similar to what Nick is now.