CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official "Tressed to Kill" topic

OnePerCentClub

[1]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 35

Please discuss here the episode "Tressed to Kill", airing tonight, February 8th.

Do not discuss other episodes here.

DVRing is not allowed for this episode.

Edited on 02/10/2012 2:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wildhoney66

[2]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 13

so far this is a good one.

OnePerCentClub

[3]Feb 9, 2012

Ratings for this episode:
    18-49 Adults: 2.7/7
    Viewers: 11.44 million

Still strong, good ratings, do I smell a Season 13?

ltcomstella

[4]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 18

good episode !

though the gore/graphic crime scene was upped with the last victim which kinda freaked me out !

i knew she would die but how was pretty nasty !

russel ahd to have one of these cases at some point to help him fit in with the team and 'calling catherine' at the end was anice touch

OnePerCentClub

[5]Feb 9, 2012

OnePerCentClub wrote:

Ratings for this episode:
    18-49 Adults: 2.7/7
    Viewers: 11.44 million

Still strong, good ratings, do I smell a Season 13?

UPDATE: Ratings were adjusted down two tenths to a 2.5. Not good but still safe.

bmoshier

[6]Feb 9, 2012
    • level: 46

What I don't understand is why the doctor didn't wear gloves, as gloves are now all important to the medical profession. He'd have access to them and surgical gloves can let you feel as well as if you didn't have them on your hands. Someone was stupid and IMHO it was either the doctor or the writers (say to get it over with in an hour). Honestly, I could see something like this episode being in two parts and thus allow the writers the room to do a super good job. Oh, well, still a great episode, actually, outstanding till the print.

Edward_Nigma

[7]Feb 10, 2012
    • level: 54
    The case was kinda weird...would a doctor really do something that insane? I loved the final scene though. Russell is so much more likeable than Langston was.

OnePerCentClub

[8]Feb 13, 2012
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    Russell is so much more likeable than Langston was.

Oh totally agree. I like characters that have no past issues. Russell married his high school sweetheart and is happily married, has children, loves his family, gives his family time. Could be considered a normal person (considering that there are more divorces than long marriages nowadays). Like Nick as well, cool guy, works his way up to be promoted, feels the victims' family's pain and believes in love, in doing normal stuff. That brings a little bit of normal is a world that is upside down with crime.

And by this I mean that they may have something in their past that could torture them at some point, but it doesn't affect their present. They just move on with their lives (like Nick being buried alive... he seems fine now).

Sp3kkie

[9]Feb 13, 2012
    • level: 7
    I liked the episode. Although I'm not a regular viewer (anymore). But episode and/ or series with serial killers draw my attention most of the time. So I had to watch this one too. On a side note, I'm waiting for squegel (or how you write it) to return, or did I miss it.

First of all, I liked it, although it was very clear to me that the hairstylist wasn't the killer. But I didn't see that doctor coming.

I liked the story they wrote except for one thing. The eye thing, I don't get it and how I see it, this was just to add some extra sickness in the killings. I mean, there was no real purpose. The first victim was dead before the eyes where removed, so what was the use. She couldn't identify him anymore.

The other two victims was different but still no use. Because they were alive when he blinded them, so in case he couldn't finish them, they wouldn't be able to identify him later. But then again, it would be much easier to make yourself unrecognizable. And why blind them while the were still conscious, that is torture.

That doesn't add up with the fact that he loves his mother and he put her out of her misery. And probably he has mental problems but not that big that this would come out. It doesn't make any sense.

Only thing I can think of was that the mom had some type of cancer and it made her blind. But then I find it probably more annoying cause they could have wrote this in easily. But as far as I know we didn't get this explanation.

So all in all, nice episode but had some flaws. I have to see I really do like Russell, he has something special I think.

danharr

[10]Mar 2, 2012
    • level: 45

It was okay but not really engaging for me similar to past episodes and this being the first one after Catherine left the bar was set pretty high and this one didn't measure up.

OnePerCentClub

[11]Mar 17, 2012
    Creepy but I don't think the doctor's reasons for killing were very clear... or dar enough. He was definitely disturbed but I was expecting some plot twist that would make the whole thing more insane.
    I promise you I'm not crazy
    Love the last scene though. Poor Russell... I like it when cases affect the cast because it makes the show more normal and believable.