CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official "Willows in the Wind" topic

OnePerCentClub

[1]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 35

Marg's last episode!

Please discuss here the episode "Willows in the Wind" airing tonight on CBS.

Do not discuss other episodes here.

And... don't forget to watch!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edward_Nigma

[2]Jan 25, 2012
    • level: 54

CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I really hope the ratings go up substantially for this one. If for nothing else, just so it makes Marg feel like her presence over the past 11 1/2 years was meaningful (if she even looks at ratings lol).

Update: Oh how sad that these forums are so dead...how could no one have talked about this yet?! It was definitely good -- very sad that she left! But it seems like they just packed so much into one episode. I also thought she was offered some other job by the sheriff, so it's kinda weird she got offered/accepted this FBI job within her last 10 minutes on screen.

Catherine really is bad-ass though, and she'll be missed. Great last lines to Laura, and good sappy goodbye (fit her character, whereas Grissom's quiet goodbye fit his character). Also a nice throwback to the pilot at the end.

Next morning update (someone else please post lol): Best ratings in over a year, yay! Over 14 million Total Viewers and a 3.3 in Adults 18-49. (Source: thefutoncritic).

Edited on 01/26/2012 10:09am
    Edited 3 total times.

danharr

[3]Jan 26, 2012
    • level: 45

The actual exit was handled well unlike the previous episode and the door was left open for Catherine to guest spot in the future wonder if we'll get someone new or is Ecklie's daughter going to fill the Catherine void.

OnePerCentClub

[4]Jan 26, 2012

Edward!

Ratings for CSI were adjusted up!

Adult 18-49 Rating: 3.4/9
    Viewers: 14.26 million

Thanks to all for watching!

Edward_Nigma

[5]Jan 26, 2012
    Hey yea I saw -- yay! I'm glad it did good...now I'm just worried about how the show will carry on without Marg!

And danharr remember Elizabeth Shue is coming as of the next episode.

OnePerCentClub

[6]Jan 29, 2012
    You know Edward, there have been several episodes in the past where Marg doesn't appear for some reason and the episodes (and the show) were still very good. I think that even when Marg could be considered the lead actress, the show has a great ensemble cast (or supportive actors). George Eads is doing a great job and the return of Jorja Fox playing a much mature Sara gives me hope. There is no doubt Marg will be missed as well as we all miss Grissom, but I'm sure the show will be renewed for a 13th season and it will be as good as this one.
    What do you think?

csistokesfan

[7]Jan 29, 2012
    • level: 22
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    You know Edward, there have been several episodes in the past where Marg doesn't appear for some reason and the episodes (and the show) were still very good. I think that even when Marg could be considered the lead actress, the show has a great ensemble cast (or supportive actors). George Eads is doing a great job and the return of Jorja Fox playing a much mature Sara gives me hope. There is no doubt Marg will be missed as well as we all miss Grissom, but I'm sure the show will be renewed for a 13th season and it will be as good as this one.
    What do you think?
    I agree with you, although I will miss Cath greatly, I am seriously crossing my fingers that marg comes back much like Jorja did...Marg said on a talk show the other day that she just wants to "Take a break" so I am hoping

mysticbeam

[8]Jan 30, 2012
    • level: 11

i dont know, i think with grisson and catherine gone its really going to hurt them

Edward_Nigma

[9]Jan 31, 2012
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    What do you think?

I don't know...you might be right -- if it has been getting less good it's probably just because the show has been on for so long. Hard to stay fresh and interesting for so many years!

OnePerCentClub

[10]Feb 1, 2012
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    OnePerCentClub wrote:
    What do you think?

I don't know...you might be right -- if it has been getting less good it's probably just because the show has been on for so long. Hard to stay fresh and interesting for so many years!

You know what? I think that at least Season 11 was way much better and exciting than Season 10. There were many great episodes, like Sqweegel. I haven't watched all Season 12 yet, but I've enjoyed the episodes so far.
    I think that the decrease in ratings has to do with DVR and internet downloading or watching and yes, several fans quitting because they might think the show is not interesting enough.
    But you're right, it's hard to keep the show fresh for a such a long time. I still believe the show needs a subplot like the miniature killer... and bring back Sqweegel! Now that would be interesting.

faugraham

[11]Feb 3, 2012
    • level: 10
    Good episode, and the ending was really sad. I hope Marg comes back, like Jorja did. Or at least for a few episodes, when the fbi has to work with the csi.

Peggy_Porcupine

[12]Feb 8, 2012
    • level: 13

faugraham wrote:
    Good episode, and the ending was really sad. I hope Marg comes back, like Jorja did. Or at least for a few episodes, when the fbi has to work with the csi.
    That would be VERY interesting - but I think you have it wrong. In any show where the FBI become involved at all THEY take over so it would be the CSI working with the FBI (or giving the impression that they are co-operating with them anyway) ha ha. ~ Peggy from Porcupine

Avearia

[13]Feb 11, 2012
    • level: 14
    Well at least they haven't written her totally out of the show, in Tressed to kill she's mentioned by most people in the cast and especially at the end. It's nice that while she is off the show, she hasn't 'disappeared'. I just hope that no one else "Quits" before I can get used to the new characters (I mean, think about it, the original CSI cast from episode one has dwindled to Nick, Brass and the Coroner, everyone else joined in later episodes! XD )

OnePerCentClub

[14]Mar 6, 2012
    I wish the job offer had been addressed in the previous episode, because it seemed too rushed and then first she says that she didn't send that letter and won't quit and then after a brief encounter with Laura she changes her mind and quits? Mmhhh....
    I'm glad Catherine quit to pursue something similar in her life. She is a successful woman, and that's what I expected... her becoming more successful. For a character like Willows, it's the right way.

I have several thoughts about this episode:
    - Why cast Annabeth Gish as Willows' friend? Annabeth is WAY much younger than Marg. But I love Annabeth since her Mystic Pizza days (and X-files ) And I love Marg.
    - I've noticed two things about Morgan's wardrobe: the striped shirts - which I like - and what is the deal with wearing high heels to a crime scene??? Poor feet!
    - I wish the last scene of this episode had taken place in the same spot but with Sara instead of Morgan. But well, maybe they did it with Morgan because Sara had been in Catherine's shoes already... and it was like an advice to Morgan.

Willows... you will be missed

naldro

[15]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 30

Not exactly the exit that befits Catherine. She got a job offer from the FBI then leaves. She stood up and told everyone she's leaving. Unlike Grissom who said he was leaving a few episodes before his actual departure which gives us time to say farewell. I even like his final moment when he walked out of the lab and looked at everyone and Catherine gave him a big smile then he left. The only good thing I like is that Catherine is moving up unlike Grissom who packed it in.