CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Opening credits..?

xcrushterx

[1]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 4

Ok, this might sound like something ridiculous to be picky over, but why is Laurence FIRST in the credits? I was under the impression that he was only filling up Grissom's free main character place, having an entry level job as a CSI and that Marg would take the lead (and I think that after nine years, she deserves it, don't you think?)

The rookie being first in the credits is.. weird tbh. It should be Cath and Nick.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

luvinx

[2]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 20
    xcrushterx wrote:

Ok, this might sound like something ridiculous to be picky over, but why is Laurence FIRST in the credits? I was under the impression that he was only filling up Grissom's free main character place, having an entry level job as a CSI and that Marg would take the lead (and I think that after nine years, she deserves it, don't you think?)

The rookie being first in the credits is.. weird tbh. It should be Cath and Nick.

You are *so* right!

SaraGris

[3]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 14
    luvinx wrote:
    xcrushterx wrote:

You are *so* right!

Sadly, it's probably about kissing that certain....***

layle1

[4]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 72
    It's actually more about his power in the industry. He has a film career behind (and probably ahead of) him that makes him a household name for most. If you don't watch TV, and there are some -- believe it or not -- who won't, then Marg Helgenberger is just another TV actress who looks vaguely familiar from some of her independent and supporting film work. Credits are all about your pull, and the skill of your agents and lawyers. Likely it was a contractual thing to get him to even consider a TV role.

BabyBunting

[6]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 11
    I totally agree and posted it somewhere on here a while ago my feelings about it - I guess I wasn't surprised that he got first on the credits but I guess I was kinda hoping Marg would get to be first now, considering now she IS lead character....

foxycsi

[7]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 5
    Hey BB, read your statement. And I am in total agreement. MH should be the lead character. But it seems we have less MH then LF in the episodes. I have no doubt MH is counting the time left on her contract. I

catSaracat

[8]Mar 22, 2009
    • level: 23
    foxycsi wrote:
    Hey BB, read your statement. And I am in total agreement. MH should be the lead character. But it seems we have less MH then LF in the episodes. I have no doubt MH is counting the time left on her contract. I

I am right behind you. I dont care about Fishburne, Marg Helgenberger was on the show for 9 years after all. And she and the rest would have deserved more than that. Poor thing.

BabyBunting

[9]Mar 25, 2009
    I know, we've seen so little of MH lately.... mind you we've seen little other than LF since WP left! Nick's ep was a breath of fresh air! RA didn't get so many ep centered on her when she joined!

i mean... considering he's not only the newest character, but also of all the characters holds the lowest position... and he gets first credit simply because he's a name? bah... MH should be first, and I'm not a huge Catherine fan, but simply on principle I think MH should be first... you've dedicated yourself to a show for 9 years, you're now the lead character, and you get blown off for the new guy simply coz he did a few movies which did well? pile of ****....

mind you I thought DB deserved main title credits before WL, considering DB has been with CSI since season 1!

Poppyseedy

[10]Mar 25, 2009
    BabyBunting wrote:
    I know, we've seen so little of MH lately.... mind you we've seen little other than LF since WP left! Nick's ep was a breath of fresh air! RA didn't get so many ep centered on her when she joined!

i mean... considering he's not only the newest character, but also of all the characters holds the lowest position... and he gets first credit simply because he's a name? bah... MH should be first, and I'm not a huge Catherine fan, but simply on principle I think MH should be first... you've dedicated yourself to a show for 9 years, you're now the lead character, and you get blown off for the new guy simply coz he did a few movies which did well? pile of ****....

mind you I thought DB deserved main title credits before WL, considering DB has been with CSI since season 1!

Totaly agree. Well said. And saying 'has a name'..why? others don't have a name? Yes, they do have!!! Having a "big" name is relative. For me WP, JF and MH are bigger names ever. It sucks

jefferaldo

[11]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    Just because she's the boss doesn't mean she gets first bill. First bill goes to the main character. There are plenty of shows where the first billed actor isn't the boss in the show.

House, Law & Order (all 3 of them), NCIS just to name a few off the top of my head.

catSaracat

[12]Mar 29, 2009

jefferaldo wrote:
    Just because she's the boss doesn't mean she gets first bill. First bill goes to the main character. There are plenty of shows where the first billed actor isn't the boss in the show. House, Law & Order (all 3 of them), NCIS just to name a few off the top of my head.

exactly, as you said the first place should go to the MAIN character and L Fishburne is faaaar from this term. Maybe after a decade.. I think nobody here thinks that Marg should be the first just because she is the leader now. We'd love her in the first credit because she was one of and now is the MAIN character and after 9 years she would have deserved it. But as always, life doesnt work right.

Edited on 03/29/2009 4:10am

jefferaldo

[13]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    So if Catherine is now the main character, why does Ray get more screen time?

missyssippi

[14]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 13
    jefferaldo wrote:

is this a real question??? Really? No, you can't be serious!

csistokesfan

[15]Mar 29, 2009
    • level: 22
    jefferaldo wrote:
    that is what we are all soooo mad about we WANT the people that have been there from day one to get more screen time, we are sick of having langston shoved down our throats. Other then turn turn turn it seems that the show has been all about langston and the rest of the characters-the characters we have all grown to LOVE the past 9 years have taken a back seat, and most of us do not like that at all

catSaracat

[16]Mar 29, 2009
    csistokesfan wrote:
    jefferaldo wrote:
    that is what we are all soooo mad about we WANT the people that have been there from day one to get more screen time, we are sick of having langston shoved down our throats. Other then turn turn turn it seems that the show has been all about langston and the rest of the characters-the characters we have all grown to LOVE the past 9 years have taken a back seat, and most of us do not like that at all

*nods*

BabyBunting

[17]Mar 29, 2009
    I do appreciate that as a new character we need to be introduced to him - but i do think they went a wee bit OTT on it! Riley didn't get anywhere near this level of screen time when she first joined... to be honest up until TTT it felt as if it was "the Ray Langston show"

just feel it is terribly unfair he comes in as the newest and lowest ranking member and instantly gets first name on credits, he is not the primary character on the show! Langston is NOT Grissom's replacement, Catherine is! if anything he is Greg's replacement as rookie CSI!

awk just gets me so riled up... it's really not fair at all. MH really should be first on the credits

TravM02

[18]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 9
    The credit sequence is ordered more by who the MAIN characters are, in order of importance. Not so much who's in charge at the crime lab. Up until now, Grissom was the main character who the show really focused on. Peterson left, so they had to find someone else to revolve around. Instead of switching to Catherine, they decided to introduce a new character and focus on his experiences at CSI. That's probably why Fishburne gets credited first. I was always under the impression that the sooner an actor was credited, the more importance their character held. Then people listed as "With..." and/or "And..." were somewhere in the middle but they're at the end to mix it up a bit.

catSaracat

[19]Mar 31, 2009

Sometimes I feel we are talking about two different things. The question is not how creating a credit works, the question is why a (sorry) "low-profile" newbie takes the lead in it. And I am not referring to the actor itself.

And I think the answer is clear but it doesnt mean we have to like it.

LasGinaVegas

[20]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 5
    catSaracat wrote:

Sometimes I feel we are talking about two different things. The question is not how creating a credit works, the question is why a (sorry) "low-profile" newbie takes the lead in it. And I am not referring to the actor itself.

And I think the answer is clear but it doesnt mean we have to like it.

it is mostly about to please an actor not the fans, no matter how much the fans love all the others