We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Some season 12 news

Airsoftking525

[1]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 6

For the past couple of weeks a lot of new information has been released about the upcoming 12th season of CSI. It has been confirmed that Marg Helgenberger (Catherine) will leave CSI in January of 2012. Her character will be domoted as the new supervisor will take her place, Ted Danson (D.B Russel).

In several interview Carol Mendolson (Producer) has said Danson's character will bring a lighter tone to the show providing more humor. I think this is good as i was starting to get board of the team becoming fixated on Haskell. Danson's character will be more of a sherlock Holmes character and will use this to solve crimes.

The producers have also discussed bring sqweegel back for season 12. This would be great. Jorja Fox is returning and being re promoted to series regular. Elasibeth Harnois will join the cast in some capicity.

Hopefully Season 12 will bring back the core values of the show. Solving case with forensics science and lots of it. If the cut down on Nick shooting everybody this would be great.

Catherine leaving story:

William Petersen promised he would return for a few episodes and reprise his role as Grissom for catherines last episode

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edward_Nigma

[2]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 54

Hmm interesting. Though I thought Catherine was staying for all of Season 12...any source you have stating she's leaving earlier? I for one don't want more humor from some random new guy though...this isn't The Mentalist here...

Edited on 08/05/2011 6:50pm

csistokesfan

[3]Aug 5, 2011
    • level: 22
    Edward_Nigma wrote:

Hmm interesting. Though I thought Catherine was staying for all of Season 12...any source you have stating she's leaving earlier? I for one don't want more humor from some random new guy though...this isn't The Mentalist here...

I also read that Marg is staying the whole season, and that there is a (small) chance she might not leave at all, apprently GE and ted danson are trying very hard to talk her out of leaving. And after she talked to them she wasn't as adament about leaving. If she does leave she said that they have left the door open for her to come back....so hopefully she will do many guest spots if she does leave!

Airsoftking525

[4]Aug 6, 2011
    • level: 6
    The source for Helgenbergers exit:

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Marg-Helgenberger-to-leave-CSI:-Crime-Scene-Investigation-in-January/8289127

The cast of also said they are trying to change her mind. I hope Ted Danson will be a lot better than Fishburne, hopefully he wont be fixated and motivated by revenge.