TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Spoiler Speculation Thread (Discuss all spoilers here)

  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [61]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098
    this is for Monster in a Box



    I'm not saying the MCSK is Sara's brother or someone that Sara knows, but I don't think it would be wholly implausible or ridiculous, either; well, not based on these types of arguments against it. First, you can foster children from different states than the state you reside in; it's not common, but it can be done legally. Also, for the sake of argument, let's say that the MCSK is Sara's brother -- we're talking about California and Nevada. These are neighboring states, so I don't think it requires as much chance or writer contrivance as say Sara and Unnamed Brother growing up in Idaho and then finding each other in South Dakota; them meeting in Vegas wouldn't require that much suspension of disbelief. As to the age issue -- there was never a firm age set for her brother, or the age difference between them, and if the writers wanted to make him the MCSK, I don't think they'd hesitate to fudge his age as it relates to one scene in an episode that aired four seasons ago. mystery

    Oh, this hurts my brain. What Sara must confess to Grissom has nothing to do with another man, and poor Grissom, I'm not sure he understands what she's telling him. Still. Again. Whatever. He does, however, know with certainty what she's done. She tries to explain it to him as best she can, but because he doesn't have all the information as it relates to her state of mind, I think he is more terrified of what her actions represent, as opposed to the action itself. A lot of this will of course depend on how it's played, but there isn't a lot of wiggle room in terms of explaining her actions in a way that isn't negative for their relationship. It's just will it be perceived in terms of bad or worse.




    What she does happens prior to LoG, but she does explain it to him in LoG. I think it's nearly impossible to interpret how badly Grissom will take it, because so much depends on WP's performance, and to some extent how JF delivers the explanation. But, as far as I know, what she does has not been cut, and I don't expect it to be (I will tell you after LoG if it was cut). Also, I think that viewers will have conflicting opinions about what she's done, and how negatively that will ultimately impact Sara and Grissom's relationship.

    mystery Terrified is my own description about my perceived interpretation of Grissom's state of mind if he interprets her actions a certain way. If you agree with me that one of the greatest fears (if not the greatest) in Grissom's life is losing Sara, then you would probably hazard to guess that as this plays out Grissom is terrified to some degree. Concerned is too passive, unless they tone down the severity of Sara's behavior.

    Sara does not have an abortion. Her action, in and of itself, is not that severe. It is what she does, but also, that what she does could be construed as having a much deeper meaning (by Grissom, and the audience). The whole point is that you're left wondering exactly what her actions mean, and that coupled with her other behavior toward him leave you really confused to an extent. You get that all is not well between them (from her POV), the question is just how bad is it? mystery It's not work-related, and it isn't her outing them to anyone. It's personal. Again, based on cut information and rewritten dialogue, I don't think Grissom is particularly worried about them being found out as it relates to them getting in trouble, moreso what it would mean for them being able to continue working together. Of course, since the dialogue inferring this was cut, they could be outed and Grissom could totally freak out about losing his job, but eh. I expect the outing of their relationship to be dramatic, but more in terms of circumstances nearer to the finale as opposed to creating more long-term angst for the two of them. I don't think the writers will want to have Grissom disgraced vis-a-vis his relationship with Sara. Shock and awe to be sure, but I don't think they'll want to imply that Grissom is some pervy boss preying on his pretty, young subordinate, either.

    mystery





    I think it's reasonable to assume that Grissom and Sara have been living together in some capacity, even if unofficially. They're definitely spending most (if not all) their nights together as inferred by Sara's "won't wait up" comment in Happenstance.

    mystery Also, just a personal observation about all that's going to transpire in whatever capacity, but I think it's important to step back and realize the impact that this is having on both of them and what that means in terms of the depth of their relationship. One thing I love about the angst, even though it will likely be frustrating to a degree, and even though it's heartwrenching, is that it effectively conveys that this is no casual affair. Grissom isn't having a mid-life crisis, because really if he wanted to walk away Sara's behavior would be cause enough; it would certainly give him an easy out, so to speak. I know I keep referencing how it's written, but seriously, it's intense. I don't think it's as intense as it would be on another show, or in another film, but that's why it's so important to think about context here. For years we've seen Sara continue to hold a torch for Grissom based on the one-off compliment, random come-on, or even negative reaction to her getting that life he encouraged her to get without the stipulation that it should not involve another man. Heh. And, in connection with that, not much has been required of Grissom to continue a relationship with Sara in some capacity. He even -and I don't want to devolve too much into this- disallowed her professional advancement, and she still stuck around. I think it's important to remember, whether you favor Grissom over Sara or not, how she has loved him and been willingly vulnerable even when it was probably not in her best interest. Also, she has pretty much loved unconditionally, and really without wanting anything in return except to be loved by him and for that to be manifested in a relationship -- she certainly didn't want to change him, or anything like that. For her to step back from this man who is obviously the love of her life is a huge deal. And, for Grissom to push past his fear, to make an effort without knowing for certain how she feels, is rather telling about the extent to which he loves her as well.

    mystery Because the speculation is wildly out of control, I'll give you one word to point you in the right direction as it relates to what Sara must provide an answer about: gift.

    mystery





    Oh, she opens the gift.

    mystery Oh, he knows that she opens it.

    mystery I could almost see him doing that. It reminds me of my father -- he dropped me off in front of Tiffany's on Christmas Even when I was sixteen, gave me money and said, "Buy something you like." He did not understand why I was totally upset. "But you love Tiffany's! And I have bad taste!"

    Because MM is a flashback even though it airs after she gets the gift, we see that Sara isn't exactly ecstatic he's leaving, and although Grissom truly doesn't understand the degree of her unhappiness, he knows she's not going to be throwing him a going-away party. Their interaction in LLV kinda shows that they didn't leave each other on the best of terms. This wasn't just a business trip where she drives him to the airport and they kiss each other goodbye or whatever and he's back in two days. So Grissom sends the gift with the knowledge that she's a bit down. Even though he has no idea where she's at mentally, I think he knows enough not to send an engagement ring. That's one of those things...I think it depends, actually, on the fan's opinion of their relationship, because I know there are some of us who think they're MFEO but just not destined to get married (basically like Joy on The View and her non-husband, Steve -- I can't believe I know that. Thank you, sick days) -- while others totally think the house, dog, and 2.5 kids is in the cards for Grissom and Sara.

    I don't even remember what I was talking about. Distractions, distractions. Engagement ring. It'd be funny, but they aren't really going for funny. gibby









    Hey mystery,

    In monsters in a box you say that there is " an intrigueing end", can you say anything more about that? Does it have to do with Grissom and Sara?

    Yep.

    mystery Um, it's not funny intriguing. It's more sort of heartbreaking intriguing. Shutting up now.

    mystery
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FolloDaButrflys

    FolloDaButrflys

    [62]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,974
    csimic wrote:

    Trace_ZBullet wrote:
    aussieforgood wrote:
    Keppler's death
    !!!!!!!!! YEAH! That's what I'm talking about!

    yes trace.... but... that makes it sound like even in his death he is a main focus... when will he just go away!

    I don't know! *jumps on top of Keppler voodoo doll* Die. Die. Die.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Trace_ZBullet

    Trace_ZBullet

    [63]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 9,732
    I hate angst
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of csimic

    csimic

    [64]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,813

    im not sure my brain can process all this information but i cant help but read it...  what can i do to prepare myself for all this angst

    *sulks away -again- *

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [65]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098

    Some dialogue was cut from LLV that would have alleviated at least some of the tension between Grissom and Sara, and would have really made Sara's reaction to his leaving even that much more quizzical (because her base reaction was there). Basically, the writers had a way to tone down the angst, and they chose not to do so. I think there are many reasons for this, but ultimately I think it's because this arc actually has a purpose, and I don't think it will be fully revealed until May sweeps. I think we're going to see the angstball in full force in LoG, and then there will be moments of connect and disconnect between Grissom and Sara for a while, until the full resolution nearer to the finale. I have some vague information extending a few episodes beyond what we've spoiled here, but other than that, I'm hesitant to speculate in detail about how this may play out. Rewrites are headache enough, so much so that I'm very wary of speculating about chatter as it relates to the end of the season. At this time, I don't know for sure how this will end.

    mystery

    Sara is about as far from secure as you can get, but at the same time she seems more steady than Grissom in a way. He's losing it at the lab and following her around, and basically wanting to hash this out, work be damned. It probably won't play out at all comical, but the irony of her being the one to try and shut down a personal conversation because of work while he completely ignores the setting in favor of emotional resolution is not lost on me.

    Also, I don't think Grissom realized at all that this was an if/then type decision, in that if he went on sabbatical then he was going to lose Sara, therefore he decided to deal with it all when he got back. I think Grissom is viewing this as "Oh, she's not happy I dropped this in her lap, but it'll blow over when I get home." The gift is the first real indicator that he realizes all is not well on the homefront, although I think he still doesn't realize the depth of her hurt (although that word doesn't really encompass what's going on, I think). By the time he gets home, though, he's got the message loud and clear; he just needs a decoder to figure out what the hell she's trying to tell him, because her explanation, her actions, the absolute difference in her demeanor has to terrify him, because yeah, this is a whole different Sara.

    mystery


    So, Grissom knows what happened with the gift before he gets back to Vegas?

    No, I think that him sending it at all indicates that he realizes something is very wrong, and that what he thought might blow over, isn't exactly blowing over. Because, and this is my impression/interpretation, I'm getting the feeling that if Grissom is calling, Sara is screening and not picking up the phone.

    mystery

    I'm personally under the impression that Sara's back story, probably even more of it than we know, is a huge driving force behind her actions.

    You are correct.

    mystery

    I think that Sara has worked past a lot of her issues, but given the severity of her situation, I don't think she'll ever live a carefree life where there are absolutely no triggers. Grissom has triggered something in a way that is so devastating that she can't seem to find a way out of the pit she crawled in to in his absence, and while that may have been unintentional on his part, that's really a moot point because the damage is done.

    mystery

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [66]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098

    Really this has nothing to do with anything specific, but Gibby and I were talking the other night, and I said something about feeling sorry for Grissom. Can you imagine? He goes away for a change of scenery and a breath of fresh air, and he comes home to mutiny, The Rock of his team being first on board the Mutiny Express, the team all fractured, Keppler dying, his relationship with Sara shot to hell, and the return of the MCSK. Welcome home, Griss.

    mystery

    I know I've mentioned several times how Grissom is chasing Sara around the lab, and how she is doing her best to evade him, but if there is a bright side, it might be this: You know how the antis call Sara a stalker because of PwF? If LoG plays out as written, she hasn't got anything on Grissom and the way he follows her around the lab when he gets back. Depending on how it's played, he will likely have the edge in the anti definition of stalker-ish behavior. That alone warms my canon loving heart. Talk about coming full circle? Geez.

    mystery

    Only Grissom and Sara's discussion is personal (i.e. not related to mutiny) -- it's about what she does with the gift and why. Angstball, people, angstball.

    mystery

    Edited on 01/21/2007 2:12pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Trace_ZBullet

    Trace_ZBullet

    [67]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 9,732
    *feels a warm and fuzzy feeling* Full circle indeed
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [68]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098
    He certainly isn't trying to "get away" from Sara. If anything, he sends the gift, he actively tries to communicate and she is not receptive at all; she makes comments, but WTF? because really, her off-the-cuff comments, and even when she finally talks to him will likely be interpreted multiple ways (this will likely be the scale: 1. what? 2. oh my 3. sh!t 4. sobs). On a purely objective note, he doesn't understand her actions because at a base level he's telling her the truth, and he doesn't understand why she doesn't believe him. This is a much more detailed interpretation of the scene(s) than will probably be seen, but that's really part of why he doesn't understand what's going on with her. Grissom is being truthful about his reasons, he's not attempting to let her down easy so to speak; he's secure in the relationship, he's happy with her, he loves her, and yeah okay he went on a sabbatical for four weeks, but in his mind it's not about her, so why can't she believe that? Now, on the flip side, I completely understand your argument, marabet. Sara can't know for certain the reality of the events because she's not Grissom, and really, he mindfuked her more than once before the relationship came to fruition. Sara only has what she believes, and what she believes in the flashback is that they are in a happy, secure relationship where she will always be included until Grissom quickly (however unintentionally, to some extent) disabuses her of that notion. That completely shakes her ability to believe and/or know with certainty anything from that point forward. The thing is that Grissom is all about the present (and to some extent, the future), while Sara is operating off the accumulation of her experiences, and that greatly complicates their relationship from here on out. mystery
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of flybuggg

    flybuggg

    [69]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 01/17/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 16
    Mystery, could the gift itself have triggered something form sara's
    past? Is she drinking or doing something distructive that is
    heartbreaking? and i cant help but feel that the fostercare angle affects sara in some way and that could be the heartbreaking ending, maybe she has some kind of conversation about her past that grissom hears?

    I saw you post that you have a few spoilers for future epps that we dont know yet, can you share or give hints?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [70]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098
    The thing is, in this case, I don't believe Sara is being entirely irrational. This is all so very complex -- as a viewer and a reader of the script as it is written, I know that Grissom is likely being honest. Because he sends her a gift and tries to communicate with her, I interpret that as him still being invested in the relationship. However, he does leave, even when she poses something of an objection (although not stated quite that way); so from that angle, it's as if what she wants, how she feels, and her input do not matter to him. Breaking it down to its barest bones he's saying: this isn't about you, it's work, it's me needing a break, it's me taking advantage of this opportunity that fell in my lap. Believe me.

    On her side it's: you're telling me how it's going to be, you're ignoring my objections, you're going when you know I don't want you to go. How can I believe you?

    And then, on top of that, you've got her issues which he seems to be completely... oblivious isn't the right word. He's letting logic override emotion, and in doing so, he doesn't hear what Sara is trying to tell him. For both Grissom and Sara, tone of voice, body language, and the actual spoken words, even if they are changed slightly from the script, could alter my interpretation drastically. The ultimate barometer of the severity of the rift will likely be the flashback sequence, and all of what occurs during that episode. mystery







    So what she says to him stops him dead in his tracks, huh? I hope it's not something she takes back later...something she regrets saying to him. I think it's the implication, and what exactly she means by it. It's not anything mean, but what she's saying and doing are very much open to interpretation, in terms of how she views the status of their relationship. She very much has on her "work mask" and I think she's having a hard time dealing with him in the context of work. He doesn't really care, he wants to talk to her regardless. He follows her around long enough for them to finally have their talk, which they do, and afterward she basically says she'll see him around. Like, WTF? does that mean.

    mystery







    Yeah, I think given where Sara is at emotionally and whatnot, she really isn't in a position to be objective anymore, and she certainly doesn't seem capable of "fixing" this. Even if we as viewers can sit back and say, "But he didn't leave you, and he came home, Sara!" -- Sara isn't able to view it in those terms, it is extremely personal to her. Grissom is completely black and white about this, while Sara is running the gamut of gray. Sara is in an odd predicament because of what is going on with her, and because she simply can't see this Grissom's way; there is too much that prevents her from being able to be as objective about this as Grissom has been. The way I see it, for this to really make sense and strengthen them, sort of validate the arc they've got going, Grissom is going to have to say or do something that breaks through the wall Sara has built up around herself in his absence. If the writers attempt to have it blow over to achieve resolution, then I think this will fall very flat. I think it's a very bad yet telling sign that Sara finds it difficult to even talk with him. Considering their history and what we know of it, that is very unlike her (although I don't think it's necessarily OOC given the arc they've got going), and sort of gives us a peek into her psyche and how much, in her mind, he hurt her (however unintentionally that may have been).

    mystery Based on the script, I don't think he knows what's really going on with her; and, also, I think to an extent the audience isn't going to be aware of what's really going on with her, either.

    mystery






    This really resonated with me -- while there is a core issue, I think there is so much that Sara isn't able to articulate. A lot of her actions/reactions are symptomatic of the underlying issue, and while she knows, to an extent, how all this has worked together to create what she perceives as instability in their relationship, it also seems like it's a thousand things and one thing, if that makes sense.

    Added to that she's basing her feelings on her perception of events, as opposed to the reality of those events, so her reasoning is skewed to a degree that Grissom can't seem to put it all together. I don't think she's wrong or irrational in her reasoning per se, because the only thing she knows with certainty is that Grissom went on a sabbatical for a month, a decision he made without her input and despite her objections. One thing I think this exposes is Sara's inability to believe that Grissom loves her as much as he does, which is really sad on so many levels, because if this angstball proves anything, it's how much he loves her. Plain and simple, he could walk away from her pretty easily at this point if he really wanted to, because she's definitely not "there" anymore in terms of the relationship. I don't think she's breaking up with him per se, but their status is really going to be debatable if this plays out as written (especially their status from her point of view). From my point of view, they're not broken up, but are they together? I mean, there does seem to be some question there.

    mystery







    I think the mutiny is going to play out in a more subtle way than perhaps some are expecting. Certainly in Redrum it's going to be intense, but as the season pushes forward the turmoil resulting from Catherine and Keppler's actions and the mutiny, will ebb and flow in terms of intensity.

    Grissom and Sara's angst is more about them, not mutiny. When Grissom comes back he's obviously very, very concerned about his relationship with Sara, and that has nothing to do with the mutiny that transpired in his absence. For the better part of seven or so years, Sara has been the one to confront the issues between them, and she is literally running away from Grissom upon his return. He is literally following her around the lab in an effort to simply talk to her. When he finally corners her, she is not whispering sweet nothings in his ear. He may not know exactly why she's acting the way she is, but he's more than aware that something between them is very wrong, and it's not a huge leap to gather that he's scared he may lose her (or wonders if he has already). Sara, on the other hand, seems to be in some sort of self-preservation mode, although she does occasionally drop the one-liner that has me raising my eyebrow. You're left wondering, "What does that mean exactly?" Same with what she does with the gift and why -- it can be interpreted multiple ways, and I'm not sure her explanation is going to soothe the hearts of the GSR loving community. This is just my personal opinion based on scripts and the like, but I think it's going to become somewhat obvious that Sara is the most important person in Grissom's life, to the exclusion of his job even. The thing is, in essence Grissom already chose Sara over his job, I think they just wanted to have their cake and eat it too, at least for a while.

    mystery Well, he doesn't pin her against a wall, and have his verbal way with her, but he literally follows her around until finally she can no longer escape, or maybe she's just worn out from evading him. I hesitate to say too much here, because I'm sure WP and JF put their own special touch on all of this.

    mystery i heard a rumor about hodges asking kepplar to drinks in this ep. was the person who mentioned it joking?
    gibby, im not sure if you can tell this just by reading, but does kepplar have a gay vibe?


    Yeah, they're on for drinks, apparently

    gibby
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [71]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098
    flybuggg wrote:
    Mystery, could the gift itself have triggered something form sara's
    past? Is she drinking or doing something distructive that is
    heartbreaking? and i cant help but feel that the fostercare angle affects sara in some way and that could be the heartbreaking ending, maybe she has some kind of conversation about her past that grissom hears?

    I saw you post that you have a few spoilers for future epps that we dont know yet, can you share or give hints?


    just to clarify I'm quoting mystery from YTDAW, any questions you want to ask her you have to go to the spoiler thread over there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of csimic

    csimic

    [72]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 09/20/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,813

    aussieforgood wrote:

    mystery i heard a rumor about hodges asking kepplar to drinks in this ep. was the person who mentioned it joking? gibby, im not sure if you can tell this just by reading, but does kepplar have a gay vibe?
    Yeah, they're on for drinks, apparently gibby

    finally something a little on the lighter side
    hodges=

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Devonwood

    Devonwood

    [73]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 02/01/06
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 9,369

    Angstball, indeed!

    I'm not even sure I could process all of that!

    But what I could proces was very sad. Why can't they just leave the GSR alone?!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Trace_ZBullet

    Trace_ZBullet

    [74]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 9,732
    Yeah, geez, let us have a good relationship not an angsty one! @ the Hodges thing: I cannot *wait* for that scene! ahahah...

    Oh, and yeah, Aussie does not equal Mystery.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of FolloDaButrflys

    FolloDaButrflys

    [75]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 2,974
    *gasp* I knew it!  I think Hodges definately has a crush on Grissom.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Trace_ZBullet

    Trace_ZBullet

    [76]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 9,732
    FolloDaButrflys wrote:
    *gasp* I knew it!  I think Hodges definately has a crush on Grissom.

    Sara: *threatens to smack him*
    Hodges: ...okay, okay...*shifts his attentions to Kepples*
    Kepples:
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [77]Jan 21, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098
    Trace_ZBullet wrote:


    Oh, and yeah, Aussie does not equal Mystery.


    What's that supposed to mean????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of silverlaine

    silverlaine

    [78]Jan 22, 2007
    • member since: 06/17/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 245
    Devonwood wrote:

    Angstball, indeed!

    I'm not even sure I could process all of that!

    But what I could proces was very sad. Why can't they just leave the GSR alone?!

    *in high-pitched voice*

    Yeah, I think I'm gonna cry...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of VaveAma92

    VaveAma92

    [79]Jan 22, 2007
    • member since: 12/13/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,462
    *reads aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall the spoilers* *gets dizzy and falls over*

    From ground:*said in her Elizabeth Bennet nonchalantness sort of way* This is absolutley ridiculous.

    It's Pride and Prejudice all over again! Everyone support my icon! "GSR is canon!....... *sniff* ......and they will kiss on screen.....*thinks of spoilers and angst*.......bear with it.......*can't take it anymore and starts crying* *whimpers* Think happy thoughts.......*starts humming Far Away*
    Edited on 01/22/2007 11:40am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of aussieforgood

    aussieforgood

    [80]Jan 22, 2007
    • member since: 07/30/05
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 5,098
    I have no idea if i posted this but i doubt it and given the circumstances you'll forgive me if i have, i dont think any of us can think clearly at the moment




    Well, Gibby did say that Keppler goes out with Wendy for lunch... It's more of a chance thing. They're getting food from the same place. Wendy is interested, but Keppy is dealing with his homicidal dreams and whatnot. after LLV and the dissolve of Sara's face into the MCSK box you know that doom will soon be upon Sara.


    mystery





    Do the writers make clear in the flashback that Sara knew he was having issues (migranes, etc) before things go south?

    It's weird how the flashback unfolds (mainly because Sara doesn't understand what he's telling her), and there isn't much time given to whether or not she realized he was burning out, but the implication is that she didn't really realize it. He does, however, lay out for her the reasons behind his decision to go on sabbatical.

    mystery Well, to be fair, Sara wasn't around at work, that we saw, when Grissom was in the throes of his migraine, and he commented to Catherine not Sara in the one scene. This is purely my interpretation, but it's almost as if when they're at home work stays on the periphery, so because Sara didn't witness much of what we as the audience saw, she had no way of knowing he was struggling to this degree at work (to the degree that he feels it's necessary to go on sabbatical). It's very similar to Sara's burnout a few seasons back -- we saw it coming while none of the characters really did (except maybe Brass because of the cough drops), because we had less restricted knowledge about how she was dealing with certain cases than did the characters, and also, in the one scene with Brass, the audience was the only other witness to that exchange.

    mystery





    I'm thinking the casual viewer is more intrigued than anything else, and are wondering what is going on. Most television watchers don't expect everything to be handed to them up front. Even if they're not obsessed, they understand that an arc should unfold, not be dumped in their lap. Sara's reaction was very pronounced at the end of LLV, and anyone who has watched CSI for any length of time (fandomer or not) realized something was not right with Sara; that is not the normal course of interaction between Sara and Grissom, especially not this season. As the episodes air and we are shown or told (via the characters) their reasons for this or that, then I think the casual viewer will connect the dots and realize, "So, that's why she was upset in that one episode a few weeks back."

    I don't think Grissom is acting like a single guy per se, I think he's acting like a man who lived alone for 50 years and really has never had to consult with anyone about the decisions he makes in his personal life. People are creatures of habit, and this is more about that than him not caring about Sara. I almost can't believe I'm typing these words, but all this is complicated by his security in their relationship, and also his belief that Sara will understand if he explains it well enough. Some of that is my interpretation, but largely, I think that's what the writers are going for. Also, Sara isn't acting pissy and pouty; she's hurt, and while I can't know how Jorja will play it, her acting choices in the past don't lead me to believe she'll cop an attitude at every turn; that's not really her style. When Sara is hurt with Grissom, she gets extremely quiet and solemn (think NMB, LLV), and I think she would be here if it weren't for Grissom pressing her about what's going on. She is more vocal, but that's because Grissom is pressing her for answers about a few things. mystery So, mystery, do you know if Sara is refusing to discuss personal matters with Grissom AT ALL or is she just refusing to discuss them AT WORK?



    Sara doesn't want to discuss it at all, although she has to answer him about one specific question.

    mystery




    Mystery, do the writers know what the issue is or is it one of those things where they know something is going to be wrong with her, they just aren't sure what it is yet?


    They know what the issue is...

    mystery





    mystery, will it be clear where Grissom and Sara are in the flashback?

    Yes.

    mystery Does Sara respond with yes or no? Is THAT how bad it is? She won't even explain her answer, just yes or no?

    It is not a "yes" or "no" question or answer.

    mystery
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.