CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Spoiler Speculation Thread (Discuss all spoilers here)

aussieforgood

[81]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 23

And this is about the dreaded ending it was posted by gibby in december but for thos of you who want to know...

Nothing -- absolutely nothing -- is set in stone right now, and even if scripts were written up saying Sara dies a horrible death or they break up and Sara storms out of the lab, the wildcard is WP. Initial plans (meaning before Built to Kill, Part 1 premiered to pretty bad numbers) were for Grissom to go to UNLV, and things looked peachy. mystery and I thought that there'd be some angst coming up, but nothing to worry about, la di da, Grissom would eventually have to come face to face with the MCSK who would perhaps endanger Sara in some way, perhaps not, but whatever, they'd be together. August/September, we had no worries. But things have been going in a direction behind-the-scenes that have us concerned. Concerned enough to post about it, because it is early enough in the game to at least take a modicum of action and express ourselves to TPTB, and we do feel like you guys need to know that it may end unhappily for us GSR fans, that that is in the cards. The atmosphere of the boards just kept increasing in merriment as the behind-the-scenes goings on took a turn for the worse, and it was alarming for both mystery and myself -- we didn't want you guys blind-sided. I don't know how many times I had seen posts where people had said, "I have no doubt it'll all end well." It may very well end well. WP may come back from Providence and say fock this" and decide he's had enough with the Hollywood game, and Grissom and Sara could ride off into the sunset. He could come back and see what's going on and raise hell (my fingers are crossed for this). He could come back and be all, "Them's the breaks," and carry on through part of Season 8 without JF. I don't know. But as it is right now, things don't look too great, and all we can do is tell you that, and the only answer we have for you right now is to write letters. I mean, that's pretty much all we can do from our homes across the world. Letters do matter. You're not just wasting your time. So, I don't know, I don't want everyone to turn off their television sets, but I don't want them thinking that a happy ending is guaranteed, or even very likely at this point.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aussieforgood

[82]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 23
    For me it's not that Grissom and Sara aren't on the same page, it's that they're not even in the same book at this point. The writers have made Sara somewhat oblivious to Grissom's slow progression toward burnout. It's rather obvious that even if he's mentioned the Williams letter, he's not been forthcoming about any decision (I'd be curious to know who thinks that as of LoMo, he's actually even talked to her about it). He seems more withdrawn and living in his own head than in the first handful of episodes, specifically as it relates to Sara, and Sara is writing off his distance as Grissom being Grissom.

While I don't think that's her fault, as I think it's been rather obvious that he's been distant with her about a lot of things lately, it still goes to show that they're not communicating. I don't think she's being insensitive, but I don't think she's being portrayed as realizing the depth of his frustration, fatigue, disillusionment, or whatever else he may be feeling. I think that's what the problem is, and that may cause problems in the future. It may not, but personally I believe the writers are portraying her this way so that Grissom feels backed into a corner in that he feels he can't do anything right in any area of his life - frustrated at work, frustrated at home. I don't think he wants to break up with her or anything like that, but I do believe he's probably frustrated with life in general at this point. I think the key here is that Sara seems to be over her doormat days, because she's definitely bought the Dummies Guide for Sensitivity and Your Boyfriend, It Can Become a Reality, and how blindsided she may be as Grissom's sabbatical becomes a reality. Anyway, I feel like that the scenes are more foreboding in terms of Sara's reaction (because she seems somewhat unaware of his mental state), than the scenes are any indication of Grissom's desire to break up with her, or that he views their relationship as doomed. While I think Sara loves Grissom as is in terms of quirks, it's more than obvious that she's trying to guide him into being a more sensitive person, and she really hasn't been shy about doing so. I just don't think Sara is going to be all, "You go, Gil. You go and leave me here for a month, and I'll wait, just like always. I'll be right here, right where you left me when you get back. Because really, sweetheart, it is all about you." I don't think her response to his leaving is (or should be) a measure of her love for him. I'm not saying Grissom is wrong, because I understand all the reasons why he needs to leave, I truly do. But the thing is, I can be objective, I can see it as a viewer, not as Sara who has spent arguably at least a decade waiting on this man.

The dialogue in Meet Market is one giant, gleaming anvil racing toward earth. I'm not saying Sara is going to dump him, or that her love is wavering, but I think we have to be realistic about this too -- Sara has spent a long time waiting on him, and it's obvious that she is very secure in their relationship, and then he's going to leave her for a month to regroup or what have you. Even if intellectually and professionally she knows that he needs the break, you've got to know that as his lover, it's going to be very difficult for her to maintain that objectivity. She's got her own issues, tied to her past, and to him, and I'd be very surprised if the writers completely ignore Sara's history (hers and theirs) and write her as skipping down the labitrail of life without a care in the world. No matter what he says and the thousand ways he may say he's not leaving her, the bottom line is that he does, at least for a month. What's so ironic to me is that Grissom looked positively horrified in LoMo when Sara was less than forthcoming about a case, and he regularly eschews filling in his team members, not just Sara. Can you imagine if the roles were switched, and Sara told Grissom that it wasn't him, but that she was leaving for a month to work some things out? Does anyone really believe he'd pat her on the back and wish her well? I mean, seriously? I think Grissom would have a nervous breakdown if the roles were reversed. Rambling, I'm rambling, but I think the key here is that Sara is about to have her world turned upside down.

mystery

Trace_ZBullet

[83]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 11

Grr, stupid angst

SidleGrissom

[84]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 10
     Wow, those spoilers were really depressing.  I wanted to stop reading, but I just could not look away.

VaveAma92

[85]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 15
    I'm so sad I can't type much right now. *sad Balto music plays in the background* We'll just take Horatio's advice and remember the good times, right? *feels like she is giving up on her beloved couple*

flybuggg

[86]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 1
    does anyone know when JF needs to sign on for season 8?  I would love like a flashback episode that shows how and when grissom and sara got together.  I feel like we've been cheated of that, no kisses nothikng...we really havent seen them as a couple at all, and now they are going to start fighting for a majority of the rest of the season.

telma_v

[87]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 9
    from people's reaction i get the feeling there is gonna be trouble with our beloved couple
    i for one did not read the spoilers
    first cuz there are so many and i'm too lazy to read through all of them
    second cuz last time i was really crazy for spoilers, they kinda ruined the episodes for me in a way cuz i had different expectations for them
    and third cuz i would rather be surprised

and yes it's strange that i would post this here cuz it is for spoilers but i gotta admit i did sometimes read the first line or so in the posts but i stopped myself
    all i can tell mostly from everyone's reactions are that it's not great but i gotta admit.....i'm kind of a sucker when it comes to angst
    it makes it that much better when they make up

VaveAma92

[88]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 15
    telma_v wrote:
    from people's reaction i get the feeling there is gonna be trouble with our beloved couple
    second cuz last time i was really crazy for spoilers, they kinda ruined the episodes for me in a way cuz i had different expectations for them

and yes it's strange that i would post this here cuz it is for spoilers but i gotta admit i did sometimes read the first line or so in the posts but i stopped myself
    all i can tell mostly from everyone's reactions are that it's not great but i gotta admit.....i'm kind of a sucker when it comes to angst
    Maybe we'll get a view of something similar to your avatar, Telma! (just trying to keep on the bright side)

telma_v

[89]Jan 22, 2007
    VaveAma92 wrote:
    telma_v wrote:

Maybe we'll get a view of something similar to your avatar, Telma! (just trying to keep on the bright side)

oh don't i wish
    i would be the happiest person on earth

FolloDaButrflys

[90]Jan 22, 2007

*sinks further into depression*

Devonwood

[92]Jan 22, 2007

I could only skim the spoilers, due to the sheer number of words (), but I'm very depressed now.

RenLissa_Can

[93]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 8

OMG Aussie - did you copy every interesting coment over at YTDAW??  Nice to read them all togehter like that though instead of jumbled up over 6 or 7 threads (and yes I spend time over there too . . . )

My overwhelming thought right now is actually one of excitement - because even GSR angst is GSR afterall - and I want more than veggie bugers and eyesex. 

Although I keep looking at the layout table and laughing because of thoughts of Sar & Griss making out on that lighted surface pop into my head every once in a while. 

JoolsMB

[95]Jan 23, 2007
    Can we speculate here on what Sara did ??

I wasn't going to read, but I got weak.. and gave in... now I just want to discuss it, but my hubby is away for 4 months.. (and you all thought 4 weeks was bad!!)

jenlar

[96]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 19
    JoolsMB wrote:

I wasn't going to read, but I got weak.. and gave in... now I just want to discuss it, but my hubby is away for 4 months.. (and you all thought 4 weeks was bad!!)

4 months?!?!?? That's terrible!

I think that it could be a plane ticket to see him (and she doesn't use it) or a copy of his lecture notes (and she doesn't read them.)

Aussie- did I have another theory yesterday? I can't remember what it was!

JoolsMB

[97]Jan 23, 2007
    jenlar wrote:
    JoolsMB wrote:

4 months?!?!?? That's terrible!

I think that it could be a plane ticket to see him (and she doesn't use it) or a copy of his lecture notes (and she doesn't read them.)

Aussie- did I have another theory yesterday? I can't remember what it was!

Thanks for your compassion.....

See I instantly thought that it was jewellery.. (probably a necklace) and she throws it away. There was a time where that's what I would have done... I'm in a much better place now, but I lived with Crazy in the house too. If its somethng she has to tell him when he returns, he wouldn't know that, he would know that she didn't get on the plane... dunno, just had to vent my thoughts..

csi_87

[98]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 6

When it comes to GSR, I've always kept positive, but all of that stuff that Aussie posted from Mystery, has got me pretty down (and seems to have got everyone else down as well).

I'm going to attempt to make something positive out of all this, because I think we all need to find some hope and have faith again.

Yeah, it sounds pretty damn bad. But I think it's because there aren't any definite details, like if we knew what the present was or what she's done while he's away, then it would be easier to analyze it and figure out what could happen. I think it's the uncertainty that's got me down, if you knew exactly that they'll do this this and this, then it would be a lot easier to accept.

Also, we've never had this before. Before, it's been comments or arguments that could just be forgotten because they weren't together,there was nothing to lose (we all kinda knew that Sara wouldnt give up on him and we prayed that he would see sense). But now, it's a completely different situation, it's like standing on a cliff, one side is safety (GSR) and the other...

Ok, so I completely agree with RenLissa, angsty scenes will still be GSR. I like the idea that Grissom is chasing Sara around the lab, because he's not doing his usual thing of ignoring difficult or awkward situations, he's trying to confront it. Whether Sara is responsive or not. He's trying to fight for the relationship, which is what would happen in any relationship if they care about/love the other person.

I'm holding on to my faith in GSR because CSI isn't a soap opera, so it doesn't have to end in tragedy. Just a few points to remember:

-Like mystery said, the spoilers aren't definite, they are subject to change

-WP and JF are both pro-GSR and with the influence that WP has, if he doesnt like the way it's gonna head, he'll do something about it- we hope!

-TPTB have built this relationship up over the whole of the series, why create something for 7 years only to set fire to it and watch it crash and burn?

Well, I've taken mystery's advice, I sent a message to CBS, and I don't care if they reply or not, but I feel a helluva lot better to have done something to make me feel that in my mind, the audience can make a difference.

And guys, everytime you feel down about this, recite these simple lyrics:

Listen as your day unfolds,

Challenge what the future holds,

Try and keep your head up to the sky.

Lovers they may cause you tears,

Go ahead release your fears,

Stand up and be counted, don't be ashamed to cry.

You gotta be bad, you gotta be bold, you gotta be wiser,

You gotta be hard, you gotta be tough, you gotta be stronger,

You gotta be cool, you gotta be calm, you gotta stay together,

All I know, all I know, love will save the day.

Well that's all of the non-sensical ramblings from this 19 year old for today! Lol -x-

JoolsMB

[99]Jan 23, 2007
    ok.. I'll follow the advice of someone close to half my age..
    I really hope I am wrong with what I suggested, but where can you discuss stuff like this if not on the board??? it's late here.. g'night

csi_87

[100]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 6

Sorry about your 2nd post, I didnt ignore it or anything, its just that it wasnt there when I posted my post (it takes me forever to write mine!)  
    Jewellery is a pretty good guess, and if it is, then it would show that Grissom really isn't clued in about what's going on with Sara, because she would just see it as an insult that he thinks that he can just buy her a present and everything will be ok between them.
    4 months...blimey!

You said you're in a better place now, let's just hope that TPTB will do the same for Sara

-x-