CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Spoiler Speculation Thread (Discuss all spoilers here)

  • Avatar of SaraGris

    SaraGris

    [10221]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,423
    vegemite_jet wrote:
    LasGinaVegas wrote:
    Brasslover wrote:
    The situation is and was not as simple as black and white. You don't have to say things out loud to exist. I don't like that people take either side. Sara is not who made mistake and nor did Grissom. Why can't people just accept that Sara is back and Grissom will be. People can change and we really don't know what the deal is between them. Grissom is not a victim, come on! And about the waiting thing. It is fact. And as CM said they have a healthy marriage, so I am satisfied with this fact and I try to enjoy the episodes which I have Sara in.


    Agree. And these last episodes were very good. I felt nostalgic. And it is about which actor is avalable to jump in. Jorja is right now, Billy isn't. So we got Jorja and have to wait for Billy to be free to join. That's all. And the writers had to come up with an explanation why Sara's back. It is not perfect but I can live with it. And "knowing" they are happy with it, why shouldn't 'I' be happy too?


    Yes, I completely agree with you both... I don't think we should over-analyse or over-complicate things for now. Sara's here, Grissom's not. I'm waiting until we get the full story before I criticise TPTB for messing things up, but for now I'm over the moon that Jorja's hangin round and the marriage is healthy. Let's just go with it and enjoy the ride


    Very well said
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xxrafter

    xxrafter

    [10222]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/15/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 25

    Kbacsi, you have a lot of love coming your way from me I found myself nodding in agreement with much of what you wrote. I always felt that it was Sara's decision to wait around for Grissom and never understood how so many people interpreted it as Grissom constantly rejecting Sara. Moot point now but I wanted to mention it.

    I am still a little uneasy as to JF/Sara's extended return without Gil/WP. I am not that optimistic that WP is coming back other than for the movie and maybe that 2 parter. I think it is going to be very difficult to keep GSR alive in people's memories just by TBTB making the odd reference in interviews that their marriage is healthy. Carol Mendelson made a comment that we would get evidence that Sara had visited Griss in Paris during episode 4 but all we got was the 'Dr. Grissom sends his regards' to Ecklie, which proves nothing. Griss could have sent them by phone or email.

    I think the writers need to make an effort now, during the early part of the season, and give us a bit of a backstory regarding Grissom and Sara's relationship. Reassure me now so that I can stop fretting and speculating and then can move ahead and enjoy the rest of the season

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vegemite_jet

    vegemite_jet

    [10223]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 08/27/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,128
    xxrafter wrote:

    Carol Mendelson made a comment that we would get evidence that Sara had visited Griss in Paris during episode 4 but all we got was the 'Dr. Grissom sends his regards' to Ecklie, which proves nothing. Griss could have sent them by phone or email.

    I think the writers need to make an effort now, during the early part of the season, and give us a bit of a backstory regarding Grissom and Sara's relationship. Reassure me now so that I can stop fretting and speculating and then can move ahead and enjoy the rest of the season

    I'll help reassure you We were told that Sara was in Paris with Grissom. The quote was:

    Ecklie: Sara, good to see you back from your week off in Paris.

    Sidle: Ecklie. Dr. Grissom sends his regards.

    I'm guessing they'll use this (Sara visiting Grissom) every time Sara isn't in an episode this season. Gives Jorja time to do other stuff and keeps the storyline moving along

    Edited on 10/18/2009 5:32am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xxrafter

    xxrafter

    [10224]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/15/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 25
    Thanks for reassuring me, already feel better. Would have helped if I'd seen the whole episode, unfortunately I am having trouble watching it on Youtube and have only seen bits and pieces.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of csi-jessii

    csi-jessii

    [10225]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 04/15/08
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 66
    This is a little off topic but is anyone else a little bit p****d off because of the next Miami episode? If you haven't seen the promo or storyline yet...Eric is leaving because he can no longer handle being a CSI after being at the brink of death. Anything sound familiar?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kabcsigsr

    kabcsigsr

    [10227]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 04/09/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 137

    XXrafter, thanks someone whom agrees with me. I just feel that if they want gsr fans to have faith in their healthy relationship than they just cant have sara saying Dr. Grissom sends his regards. In that case couldn't sara have reffered to him as My husband sends his regards. I have often find that when the writers say one thing especially involving gsr they often do another. I cant be so reassured that they have this healthy relationship when last season we had all of these problems and insecurities on both grissom and saras part. Even more so when before the season even started CM or NS cant remember which one also said that Sara did not like the idea of being a housewife, to me that shows potential for angst. So forgieve for not being so optimistic because the producers decide to say that their relationship is healthy when before the season started they were throwing us a bone that would give us doubt.

    I disagree when people say well saras here grissom is not so lets just be happy. I really cant be happy with that because grissom was my favorite character and sara cant just replace that whole , no matter how many times she mentions how he is doing in paris. I cant be reassured when no one knows when billy is coming back, and when there are doubts that he would ever be back in the near future, expecially with this upcomng play.

    It is not a fact that sara waited for anyone. It is mearly an interpation of a large amount of veiwers, we dont have enough on grissoms and saras relationship to make really any conclusions besides the ones that were shown on screen.

    I dont feel like Im over analyzing anything, Im stating how I look at this situation and my opinions, and merley commenting back on comments that were made by others. I feel as though many gsr fans have this notion well because grissom turned sara down for a dinner invitation that means she waited and because she was turned down that means that its okay for sara to leave for long periods of time when she feels like it to make grissom wait. Anytime we discuss something such as this or like episode 9x02 when she asked can he go with her to some ship and he said no, or epsiode Goodbye and Goodluck when sara decided to leave, people on here and other sites always bring up that "well grissom needs to get it together because sara came from san fran for him and waited for him for years so therefore he deserves to wait". Dont believe me? Look back on some old pages includng page 511 and you shall see.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LasGinaVegas

    LasGinaVegas

    [10228]Oct 18, 2009
    • member since: 11/04/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 250
    We believe you and see your points Kabcsi. But you also have to see that neither Grissom nor Sara is the "victim" or both of them are. Both made mistakes, big mistakes and probably they both know it and that's why they can undertstand each other so well. Iam not happy about Sara is here while Grissom is there, but this is what we got and I am happy we got anything at all. And the writers had to solve this problem. It has nothing to do with the characters, I believe, rather with the actors.
    Calling him 'my husband' would be just as weird from Sara's mouth. She called him Grissom for years. I think she called him this way to keep up the distance from Ecklie when he tried to "connect" with her.
    I keep saying to enjoy the show and eventually, everybody will get their happiness. When Grissom comes back. No sense for mulling over words. If the writers want to describe the couple as happy-happy, we have nothing to do but accept it. And after all, isn't it what we all wished for? For them to be happy? The only problem is that Grissom is not in Vegas. Yes, it is a big problem, but it is Mr Petersen's decision and not Grissom's
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xxrafter

    xxrafter

    [10229]Oct 19, 2009
    • member since: 10/15/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 25
    kabcsigsr wrote:

    I just feel that if they want gsr fans to have faith in their healthy relationship than they just cant have sara saying Dr. Grissom sends his regards. In that case couldn't sara have reffered to him as My husband sends his regards. I have often find that when the writers say one thing especially involving gsr they often do another. I cant be so reassured that they have this healthy relationship when last season we had all of these problems and insecurities on both grissom and saras part. Even more so when before the season even started CM or NS cant remember which one also said that Sara did not like the idea of being a housewife, to me that shows potential for angst. So forgieve for not being so optimistic because the producers decide to say that their relationship is healthy when before the season started they were throwing us a bone that would give us doubt.

    I disagree when people say well saras here grissom is not so lets just be happy. I really cant be happy with that because grissom was my favorite character and sara cant just replace that whole , no matter how many times she mentions how he is doing in paris. I cant be reassured when no one knows when billy is coming back, and when there are doubts that he would ever be back in the near future, expecially with this upcomng play.

    This is where I share the same fears as you. The reason why I am so fretful is the careless way in which I feel CM or NS were commenting on GSR before the season started. In addition to the example you mentioned about Sara not liking the idea of being a housewife (hello, just because a woman gets married does not automatically mean she has to define herself as a housewife!!) I also remember a comment along the lines of 'sometimes it is easier to love someone when they are not there' (it is that comment that caused all my angst and in fact made me refer to Sara as fickle in my very first post. It was in reference to how the writers were portraying her; it had nothing to do with JF/Sara per se).

    To me being a GSR fan means Grissom + Sara together. If I were to define myself on this forum I would say that I am first and foremost a Grissom/WP fan. I love Sara as part of GSR but as a separate character she does not really resonate with me at all. All the Sara moments I love involve Grissom. It really is possible to be a GSR fan and not love one of the characters as an individual. I don't think I am wrong in believing that quite a few GSR fans posting on the forum are first and foremost Sara fans? I get the feeling that to some it doesn't matter all that much whether Grissom comes back or not.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of melgirl1778

    melgirl1778

    [10230]Oct 19, 2009
    • member since: 09/08/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 218
    You are right. I was always first and foremost a Sara/Jorja fan. Since season one she was my favorite character on the show. GSR just made all that much better!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SaraGris

    SaraGris

    [10231]Oct 19, 2009
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,423
    First I "fell" in love with Jorja's character. But for the second moment (which is almost the same as the first) I fell in love with the Grissom character.
    It DOES MATTER that he comes back or not, but I will not let myself ruin the joy I feel when I am watching CSI WITH Sara in it. If I had to define myself, I would say: I am a patient fan of GSR Because this is the only thing I can do right now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kabcsigsr

    kabcsigsr

    [10232]Oct 19, 2009
    • member since: 04/09/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 137

    xxRafter I am totally feeling for you right now. And I think that is what destinguishes the two sides of GSR. Hate to make it sound like we are split, but really we are. But we are a happy united force . And I love all my GSR fans, and Im glad you guys are happy because sara's back. But I agree with xxRafter the thing that makes me love sara the most is her relationship with grissom. I mean honestly her whole reasoning of her character was for her to be as jorja's audtion paper was "potential love interest for grissom". A lot of her character was revolved around him, sure there were her own personal turmoils, but think about it most of all her problems grissom had some interest in it. A large part of her character was her pursuit of Grissom, and our knowledege that she had a crush on him. Im still in high school, maybe thats why I have some sort of nebulous narrowminded outlook on relationships, but you guys remeber the kid show Hey Arnold!, and you had the character helga, she was the mean girl who had a crush the main character arnold. The biggest thing for her character was her secret crush on arnold and every episode she would hide behind the wall and look at the heart shaped locket of him and just dream to be with him. Sure helga had her own moments and own storylines but somehow arnold was always in the background and had some role in the progression of her character.

    That's how I see Sara really, I love her think she is an awsome character, but like xxRafter said without grissom it seems odd, its like my example of Helga, without Arnold its just not the same. I think another reason is that they are way more Grissom fans (a lot who are not GSR) than there are Sara fans, so me being a Grissom fan before I was a Sara fan and GSR fans to me without Grissom I dont care much for the show anyway. And because the outlook for his guest appearance being soon is not looking promising...well I just... it gives me a little less to be optimistic about, especially when the writers by the looks of it did not really plan this out the way they should have, and often put false hope in audience to get them to continue watching, they say one thing, say another, and then dissapoint you with another. Think about it Sara was supposed to be spotlighted and have this arc during the first FIVE episodes she was in, at the time those were supposedly the only episodes they knew she was going to be in. So even if Jorja decided to stay on longer, if at the time it was only five eps, and there was supposed to be somesort of spotlight, where is it, is it umplugged, is it on the wrong gel, or did the bulb just die and you really didn't have a spotlight in the firstplace. They tells us that there is some trouble in paridise by saying sara does not like bing a housewife, but less than a month later say oh grissom and sara are happi;y married.

    Well that is another year long rant to ruin your eyes.

    ENJOY

    KABCSI

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brasslover

    Brasslover

    [10233]Oct 20, 2009
    • member since: 07/03/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 100
    I see what you are talking about. I am a SARA & GRISSOM, plus a GSR fan. To be honest, Sara is 'less' without Grissom and Grissom is 'less' without Sara. Without this yummy romance and this funny side of the show, the Grissom character wouldn't have been as fascinating as it is. He would have been a geek with big wit. But Sara added him something more and vica versa. To me, the show was crippled last season after Grissom left, but I felt the huge gap when Sara wasn't there with him. So the show is not the same anymore, but with Sara, at least, we can get information about Gris and somehow, I can have me imagine that Grissom is still around the show. Not much but better than nothig.
    And who knows perhaps tptb surprise us sometime.
    Cheer up Kabcsi
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vegemite_jet

    vegemite_jet

    [10234]Oct 20, 2009
    • member since: 08/27/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 1,128
    Brasslover wrote:
    I see what you are talking about. I am a SARA & GRISSOM, plus a GSR fan. To be honest, Sara is 'less' without Grissom and Grissom is 'less' without Sara. Without this yummy romance and this funny side of the show, the Grissom character wouldn't have been as fascinating as it is. He would have been a geek with big wit. But Sara added him something more and vica versa. To me, the show was crippled last season after Grissom left, but I felt the huge gap when Sara wasn't there with him. So the show is not the same anymore, but with Sara, at least, we can get information about Gris and somehow, I can have me imagine that Grissom is still around the show. Not much but better than nothig.
    And who knows perhaps tptb surprise us sometime.
    Cheer up Kabcsi


    Well put, I feel the same way. Also, I'm pretty sure it was Marg Helgenberger that said Sara was sick of being a housewife, so she decided to come back and help out. To me, it seemed like a bit of a throw away line, and doesn't mean 'trouble in paradise', especially considering it was Marg that said it and not a writer or producer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xxrafter

    xxrafter

    [10235]Oct 20, 2009
    • member since: 10/15/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 25

    Kabsci, I can't believe you are only in high school because as far as I am concerned your view is anything but narrow minded. In fact, you have an unbelievably mature and healthy view on what makes a successful relationship, even if it is a fictional one. This is coming from someone who has some life experience behind her and only has a foggy memory of high school!

    Now, mutual admiration society and united front aside, I think we need to pull each other out of this misery pit that we've fallen into. I think we should take a page out of SaraGris' and Brasslover's book and be a little patient. The writers may indeed surprise us in a good way. It is after all only 4 episodes into the season. I hereby declare to solemnly (try to) focus on the positives (e.g. Sara's still wearing her wedding ring, that's positive).

    I am going to go home tonight and watch a few of my fave Grissom/GSR scenes on DVD. That will put me into a better frame of mind right away. To quote Brasslover - "Cheer up"

    Edited on 10/20/2009 5:58am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xxrafter

    xxrafter

    [10237]Oct 20, 2009
    • member since: 10/15/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 25
    vegemite_jet wrote:
    Brasslover wrote:
    I see what you are talking about. I am a SARA & GRISSOM, plus a GSR fan. To be honest, Sara is 'less' without Grissom and Grissom is 'less' without Sara. Without this yummy romance and this funny side of the show, the Grissom character wouldn't have been as fascinating as it is. He would have been a geek with big wit. But Sara added him something more and vica versa. To me, the show was crippled last season after Grissom left, but I felt the huge gap when Sara wasn't there with him. So the show is not the same anymore, but with Sara, at least, we can get information about Gris and somehow, I can have me imagine that Grissom is still around the show. Not much but better than nothig. And who knows perhaps tptb surprise us sometime. Cheer up Kabcsi
    Well put, I feel the same way. Also, I'm pretty sure it was Marg Helgenberger that said Sara was sick of being a housewife, so she decided to come back and help out. To me, it seemed like a bit of a throw away line, and doesn't mean 'trouble in paradise', especially considering it was Marg that said it and not a writer or producer.
    Thanks for clearing that up, I got it wrong
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Brasslover

    Brasslover

    [10238]Oct 20, 2009
    • member since: 07/03/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 100
    xxrafter wrote:
    (e.g. Sara's still wearing her wedding ring, that's positive)


    I honestly don't see why she wouldn't wear it. Still?? There can't be any trouble. I don't know where this thought comes. If there would be any problem, she wouldn't have visited him the moment she could.
    Just enjoy the show!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of kabcsigsr

    kabcsigsr

    [10239]Oct 20, 2009
    • member since: 04/09/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 137

    Ahhh, thank you xxRafter, and to all of you guys who are trying to make us more optimistic. I should be glad that Im just hearing about Grissom, that was what got me excited in the first place. Yeah Im only in high school, just turn 16, who ever said it was sweet lied. I sound a little mature for my age I guess, which makes me sound old. When I went to see Billy in his play they tried to kick me out because they thought I was ten, Im only 4'9'', or is it 4'10''. Put it this way Im short. How did we get to me...oh yeah we were talking about me being a high school student and how that can cloud my veiws a little. Well talking about each other since we dont have any spoilers anyway cheers me up, I like poking fun at myself. Its my personality that made me fall in love with grissom and sara in the first place. I think another reason why Im irritated with sara coming back full time, this is what my mother said "Jealous Much". Everyone in my house calls me Mrs. Grissom (Ihave the hat to prove it, and I dont care what kind of ring sara has on her finger, Im still Mrs. Grissom). And I have to fight everyday because three girls in AP Chem and AP Physics all like Grissom. So I have to admit Sara always did irritate me no matter how much I liked her. I love my Grissom so much that I found a doctor with the same name to be my pediatrition ( Her name is Dr. Myra C. Grissom, shes never seen CSI, she from the exact same town William petersen is from Evaston Illinois, her Husband Dr. Grissom is a PROFESSOR in Phisiology, and on her office building under her name it says Hodges Enterprise...).

    Okay Okay so this has nothing to do with anything, but I have become bored with talking about Sara coming back, we've been talking about it for like five days now, and who cares if it was my fault.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SaraGris

    SaraGris

    [10240]Oct 21, 2009
    • member since: 04/20/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 2,423
    kabcsigsr wrote:

    Ahhh, thank you xxRafter, and to all of you guys who are trying to make us more optimistic. I should be glad that Im just hearing about Grissom, that was what got me excited in the first place. Yeah Im only in high school, just turn 16, who ever said it was sweet lied. I sound a little mature for my age I guess, which makes me sound old. When I went to see Billy in his play they tried to kick me out because they thought I was ten, Im only 4'9'', or is it 4'10''. Put it this way Im short. How did we get to me...oh yeah we were talking about me being a high school student and how that can cloud my veiws a little. Well talking about each other since we dont have any spoilers anyway cheers me up, I like poking fun at myself. Its my personality that made me fall in love with grissom and sara in the first place. I think another reason why Im irritated with sara coming back full time, this is what my mother said "Jealous Much". Everyone in my house calls me Mrs. Grissom (Ihave the hat to prove it, and I dont care what kind of ring sara has on her finger, Im still Mrs. Grissom). And I have to fight everyday because three girls in AP Chem and AP Physics all like Grissom. So I have to admit Sara always did irritate me no matter how much I liked her. I love my Grissom so much that I found a doctor with the same name to be my pediatrition ( Her name is Dr. Myra C. Grissom, shes never seen CSI, she from the exact same town William petersen is from Evaston Illinois, her Husband Dr. Grissom is a PROFESSOR in Phisiology, and on her office building under her name it says Hodges Enterprise...).

    Okay Okay so this has nothing to do with anything, but I have become bored with talking about Sara coming back, we've been talking about it for like five days now, and who cares if it was my fault.



    I think you should consider getting a shrink I'm just kidding, dude!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.