CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Spoiler Speculation Thread (Discuss all spoilers here)

DAPOP456

[141]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 7
    aussieforgood wrote:
    Here's Gibby's answer to who signed on for S8, In for Season 8: MH, GD, ES, PG, and WP (although don't expect a full season out of him).

???: JF and GE

It's not too early for them to sign contracts or extensions. They have to write the end of the season. They have to know who's on board and who they'll have to write off.

Really!!!!

I hope GE and JF sign on or else..... *stops thinking about it*
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DAPOP456

[142]Jan 25, 2007
    cathgil wrote:
    mini crime scene replica of Sara place would be bad but who knows what it was a replica of the one left of Grissom's desk.the package.

What would make for good drama is that Sarah goes home because she needs a break and Grissom gets a replica of Sarah dead in her apartment with a clock with some time on it and he realizes he has ten minutes so he and Cath rush to Sarah's house... the rest is tbd

XxClaraxX

[143]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 12

DAPOP456 wrote:
    cathgil wrote:
    mini crime scene replica of Sara place would be bad but who knows what it was a replica of the one left of Grissom's desk.the package.
    What would make for good drama is that Sarah goes home because she needs a break and Grissom gets a replica of Sarah dead in her apartment with a clock with some time on it and he realizes he has ten minutes so he and Cath rush to Sarah's house... the rest is tbd

Hey, that's what I was going on about on the GSR page!  I think that would be amazing.  But wouldn't the murder happen when he was on sabbatical?  How would the killer know about that?  Thing is, how would the killer know about Sara?

Plus, this is CSI...you know these writers.  They're as annoying as they are incredible.

P.S. It's 'Sara' without the 'h'.  A lot of people, me included, get v.v. annoyed about that. 

Edited on 01/25/2007 2:01pm

VaveAma92

[144]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 15
    *sniff* I hope that doesn't happen. Or if that does happen, Grissom comes to rescue and saves her! Okay getting a little corny but somewhere along those lines would be nice. Well I guess tonight's episode's title explain's itself. Reverse forensics- Redrum (murder spelled backwards) Ya gotta love the writers! (yet they are so annoying at the same time) I'll talk to ya'll Sunday...or early tomorrow morning. bye! *waves*

bigmama3000

[145]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 4
     I just finish seen the episode of  Redrum , i hate it and Please put Grisom back, Keppler has stupid face, and attitude he is NOT part of the group and never will be. Take it out o finish the program

bigmama3000

[146]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 4

Grissom , Grissom, Grissom, Please comeback

branvaughnlaw

[147]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 3
    I have not seen a reference to it on this site, but a guy at work is wondering if it's possible for Grissom to be the miniature killer?  How bout Keppler?

JPPT1974

[148]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 50

bigmama3000 wrote:
     I just finish seen the episode of  Redrum , i hate it and Please put Grisom back, Keppler has stupid face, and attitude he is NOT part of the group and never will be. Take it out o finish the program

Also he is tearing the team apart, not somethign Grissom would ever, ever, do!

aussieforgood

[149]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 23
    So heres what mystery has to say about the flashback:

I'm thinking the flashback was rewritten at the last minute based on the tiny clip of Grissom in the promo for Meet Market. I know of a couple of different versions of it, but if that scene is from the flashback, then it appears to be wildly different (based on the locale, etc) than anything I had. Plus, in the original flashback scene, Grissom told Sara about the sabbatical not long before he left, and he was beardless at that time. mystery

Honestly, I'm not sure what's going on right now. I've had something of a sh!tty week, and haven't had a chance to talk to the source. The last time I talked to the source, the source mentioned a rewrite, but I'm thinking it was tweaked even more b/c in the clip from the promo, Grissom has a beard and that would not really mesh well with the original content of the flashback. I will talk to the source this weekend after I get over all that's gone on this week, but until then, meh.

mystery

and here's her POV about the gift...she does have the spoilers so she may make more sense out of it...

I think she was initially happy to get the gift, and that she smiled because "that is so Grissom." But, I think the lack of a note is probably more significant than some realize, and we'll see how that plays into the rift between them. In the original flashback scene, Sara misunderstands what Grissom is telling her (that he's leaving), and assumes it's something positive for them as a couple. I think the sentiment is similar with the gift -- she thinks she knows what it/he means, but does she really? She's doubting her ability to decipher Grissom-speak. I don't think she wants to change him, but really, after all these years, she needs to hear from him in a very clear, unambiguous way how he's feeling (about her, life, whatever). I don't know how effectively the writers are going to pull this off now (see my post in the S7 thread), but Sara needs for Grissom to step up to the plate so to speak, and not send her a metaphor wrapped in a riddle in the guise of a cocoon nestled in a twig without any kind of guide as to whether or not she's deciphering it in the way he intended.

mystery

aussieforgood

[150]Jan 27, 2007

Here are more spoilers from mystery for the next few episodes.....looks like there have been some major re-writes...less angsty ones to be exact...and for the first spoiler I think she meant the shaving scene.....

A lot of questions about the Fallen Idol spoilers, but let me just say this, and that this is why I've been stressing the possibility of rewrites -- in the original LLV dialogue, Grissom was supposed to tell Sara that it wasn't too late, that there was still time for her to go with him [on sabbatical]. Oh, yeah. But, that didn't happen because they really wanted to focus on Sara's reaction, and subsequent episodes that dealt with her issues. That is how drastically these writers can rewrite from one script to the next, and that's been my only fear about Sara's arc as it relates to her issues -- that they'd wuss out, or that they'd resolve aspects of it too quickly. I really hate that this scene was spoiled because it puts me in an awkward position right now, but if it does air as written (I'd say there's a 50/50 shot of that happening), I'd bet that it's there for more reasons than to simply tide us over during March Madness. I still, however, maintain that full resolution of this arc will take place nearer to the finale.

mystery

I definitely don't think that the MCSK going after Sara means that she has to die; she could definitely be on the brink, or severely mindfocked (more on that later). I'd have a really tough time believing a break-up to be in character for Sara considering Grissom and Sara's history as we've seen it for seven years now. I think the only way I could buy Sara breaking up with Grissom, is if either Grissom did something truly heinous (hit her or cheated on her, neither of which I think Grissom is capable of, much less with regard to Sara), or if something so traumatic happened (and we're talking trauma on top of trauma) and she couldn't cut it in Vegas any longer and needed to take some time to deal with it all.

mystery

If JF does indeed leave at the end of the season, I don't think she'll go quietly into that good night. I think that whatever happens at the end of this season, it's going to be very dramatic. The MCSK is a brilliant arc, and the writers have been building up to its resolution all season; they're not going to have the MCSK come into LVPD and simply confess all to Grissom, during which time Grissom offers some psycho-babble, resolution coming by way of the case being neatly wrapped up.

IMHO, this is building toward Grissom either outsmarting the MCSK, having some sort of intellectual/physical confrontation, or both. Grissom will need to be the hero of the situation, and I think that will be harder to pull off if he is also cast in the role of victim, because while he is The Man, there are limitations. Ultimately, if he is the victim, someone would need to save him. Given the emotional toll this case has supposedly taken on him (and we'll see this play out even more), I think it's very important for Grissom to be the sole hero. If he is cast in the role of victim, even if he confronts the MCSK, he will ultimately need to be saved, therefore diminishing his role as hero. It is plausible, I suppose, for Grissom to play all three roles - confronter, victim, and hero, but given the nature of this show, and how usually what happens to him affects at least one other person, I believe it's very unlikely he will be the person to fulfill all three roles.

mystery

The killer seems to derive no pleasure from the actual killings (they're as simple and as quick as possible); the killings are a means to an end, an end which for now, is a mini crime scene. The killer is trying to communicate something to someone, ostensibly the people who are going to find the minis, law enforcement (CSIs for the purposes of our show and this discussion). The minis simply facilitate that message, which make the killings necessary for delivering the message. The minis also seem to elevate the killer in terms of equality, because the replicated minis are so detailed, even forensically (the blood, etc). So, in a way, since the first scene, it has been personal to either CSIs in general, or a specific CSI, although obviously we don't yet know which or even why. Is it personal for CSIs in general, in the way Nick was taken but really it was about exacting revenge on a group through the murder of one of their own? Or is it personal to a member of the team, only we are not yet aware of the connection between the killer and that particular CSI?

I think the victims were convenient to the killer, and that was, perhaps, their only real connection. I don't think the motivation of the MCSK is going to be found in that batch of victims, it's more that's how the CSIs are going to begin to track down the killer. I honestly don't expect the motivation of the MCSK to be revealed until about the time when he/she is caught -- and I think it will involve, in large part, the MCSK actually speaking that motivation to someone (Sara, Grissom, etc), although I think his/her identity may also end up being something of a clue as to the why of it all (even before he/she clarifies his/her motivation).

mystery

Just wanted to throw this out there, but I'm not entirely certain of the status of GE's contract at this point in time. I've been extremely busy lately with school and a death in the family, and I haven't had time to catch up with the source this week. These things can change rather quickly, and as such, we're probably going to wait for the official announcement as opposed to offering up the goings-on behind-the-scenes.

For those who are hypothesizing that the MCSK is specifically targeting Grissom in some what, what leads you down that road? What evidence have you seen so far that leads you to believe he's the intended target? I don't want to get too much into the MiaB MCSK case, because I don't want to spoil it (it's well-written and compelling on paper), but what, other than Grissom being sent the mini, leads you to believe that Grissom is the target of the killer's message? What I'm getting at is could Grissom be the recipient of the diorama simply because he's the lead on the case, and the supervisor?

mystery

There have been rewrites. Expect Sara's issues to be watered down and referenced in such a way that is more concisely appropriate to the situation at hand (Grissom's leaving, the miscommunication between the two of them, etc). Some of her core issues are still there, but in a less angsty way than originally written.

mystery

about sara's reaction to the gift:

I'm hoping it won't play out in a way that is similar to Grissom's much anticipated professional burn out, because some viewers are still waiting for evidence of that. I wouldn't be surprised if we are given more insight into this as the season goes along, though. As far as good or bad, eh, no comment at this time.

Oh, there will still be angst, you're not completely off the angst hook. I just think, and I'm searching for the right word, it will be a more condensed version.

mystery

The thing is, it was/is a very realistic storyline considering these two characters, their history as a couple and as individuals. It's not as simple as Grissom being a relationship moron, but sort of realizing the effect he has on Sara, and that really he can't take anything for granted.

I am honestly not surprised this has been tweaked. I knew this storyline was coming way back when (haikus, etc. hint at it), but as the information has continued to pour in, I'm not surprised it was toned down somewhat. Rewrites are a b!tch, and CSI has a long, long, long history of rewriting especially as it relates to the GSR - PwF was supposed to end the GSR, Butterflied underwent a somewhat significant rewrite, there were three scripts last season that would have revealed the relationship in various stages, LLV was rewritten in terms of Grissom's dialogue with Sara - the list goes on and on, and it's confusing and frustrating, although I'm used to it. What's even more frustrating is when they decide to go back to an earlier draft, or when, upon filming, WP rewrites/reworks/ad-libs or JF doesn't like her dialogue, although praise be WP and JF do interject their opinion. I mean you sense the problem with trying to predict with absolute certainty what will air, but I've done the best I can for now, although I am probably going to refrain from spoiling any more about this arc. I think we should just wait and see what even makes it out of editing (headdesk).

mystery

Edited on 01/27/2007 2:52am

flybuggg

[151]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 1
    hey,

theres a scene from an old csi where grissom is holding saras arms up against a bloodstained she(evidence), like they are reenacting.  Does anyone know what ep. and season thats from?

XxClaraxX

[152]Jan 27, 2007

flybuggg wrote:
    hey,

theres a scene from an old csi where grissom is holding saras arms up against a bloodstained she(evidence), like they are reenacting.  Does anyone know what ep. and season thats from?

Ahhhh, that's a good one.  *smiles in a GSRy way*

Invisible Evidence, season 4. Mmmm...

aussieforgood

[153]Jan 27, 2007
    XxClaraxX wrote:

flybuggg wrote:
    hey,

Pin me Down!!!! *starts daydreaming about how many times he's pinned her down*

silverlaine

[154]Jan 28, 2007
    aussieforgood wrote:
    XxClaraxX wrote:

flybuggg wrote:
    hey,

*Whip It suddenly flashes through her head*

"Pin me down."  "Pin you...against a wall?"  "Yes." 

flybuggg

[155]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    does anyone know if there was a previous episode where sara got aggressive or violent with a suspect?

XxClaraxX

[156]Jan 28, 2007

flybuggg wrote:
    does anyone know if there was a previous episode where sara got aggressive or violent with a suspect?

Hey hey, these questions should be going in the general questions and answers thread.  But I'm a sympathetic soul...

Sex Lies and Larvae Season one will be the main one.  Also look at Nesting Dolls Season five (she gets a bit irritated with her suspect to say the least. ) And Committed Season five, (which kinda answers your question, and it's amazing anyway!)  Lol I only mention those last two 'cause I love them so much!  But SL&L is the definative one. 

P.S Seriously, Trace in particular gets annoyed, so look at the q&a thread before posting a question!

Trace_ZBullet

[157]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    XxClaraxX wrote:

P.S Seriously, Trace in particular gets annoyed, so look at the q&a thread before posting a question!

Hey hey hey, you are not bringing me into this Yea, it'd be nice to know that people could read and post in the appropriate places...thanks.

Devonwood

[158]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 10
    silverlaine wrote:
    aussieforgood wrote:

*Whip It suddenly flashes through her head*

"Pin me down."  "Pin you...against a wall?"  "Yes." 

"I don't want...anybody else..."

XxClaraxX

[159]Jan 29, 2007
    Trace_ZBullet wrote:
    XxClaraxX wrote:

Hey hey hey, you are not bringing me into this Yea, it'd be nice to know that people could read and post in the appropriate places...thanks.

Aww but I know you so love these kind of things...

jenlar

[160]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 19
    Two "Meet Market"clips are up at the keppler site. Look on the right side of the screen.