CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Spoiler Speculation Thread (Discuss all spoilers here)

csimic

[161]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 6

jenlar wrote:
    Two "Meet Market"clips are up at the keppler site. Look on the right side of the screen.

ah yay thx for the direction. 
    so my favorite parts are 
    1-nick is wearing a hoodie
    2-nick calls him superdave
    3-good for greg being out at the scene
    also gotta say i love nick's "you know what grissom would say" comment.  and how 'superdave'   so easily pops in the scene and says "something ironic im sure" 

and the other clip, well looks like keppler is getting some quailty time in w/doc

ok rant over since no one cares, ha

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

aussieforgood

[162]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 23

New SPOILERS!!!

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! GSR!!!!!

7x18 Empty Eyes Oh, Sara Sidle. You never had it easy. Your dad beat up your mom. Your mom killed your dad. Your boyfriend sends you sticks in the mail.

And a woman bleeds to death in your arms in Empty Eyes.

Sara Sidle, I'm going to give you a present. You've had a pretty sh!tty seven years in Las Vegas, and a pretty $h!tty 28 years before that. So here's what you get, you get to end an episode of CSI like this:

QUOTEAnd then, the TV suddenly turns off, REVEALING Sara's reflection on the screen. A single tear runs down her cheek.

ANGLE ON - GRISSOM

Standing behind Sara, remote in hand. He puts it down on the table. Moves toward her. Sara folds into his arms. He embraces her as she cries. Crying for the victims. Because THE KILLER never will.

End of Episode.

aussieforgood

[163]Jan 30, 2007
    Heres more those were from Gibby, now here's whaqt Mystery has to say:

Remember when I said they'd watered down Sara's issues upon Grissom's return, so as not to be too heavyhanded, but that they would probably be revisited later in the season? I think everyone should pay careful attention to this episode, although, we're not in full revelation mode. Yet.

Gibby is working on a longer post about this episode.

mystery

End scene takes place in the break room. Gibby is still working on her post.

mystery

aussieforgood

[164]Jan 30, 2007
    Gibby finally posts:

Okay, the case. Have you ever seen the movie Showgirls? I haven't, but I'm guessing it doesn't end in Jesse Spano dying a bloody death along with several of her fellow pole dancers.

The showgirl you need to know about is Cammie. Cammie is in her early twenties and lives with five other showgirls in rather fancy digs. And they get moidered, as the gangsters in old movies used to say. Well, some of them are more moidered than others. As Sara is processing a bedroom, a bloody hand reaches out to her. 'Tis Cammie. She's still alive. Barely. Sara rushes to cover the gushing wound on Cammie's neck while she yells for help. Now, it's important to note that this scene will be revisited throughout the entire episode. Sara keeps flashing back to this moment as she tries to decipher evidence, using the words Cammie managed to utter to solve the case (oh, come on. That was a no-brainer. The case gets solved. Only cases that deal with miniature models don't get solved on this show). It's all uber-dramatic. Sara is HAUNTED by this.

She arrives to the scene rather...well, not chipper, because when is Sara ever chipper? But she's a world away from the Sara we see at the end:

WARRICK
    Helluva way to spend your night off.

SARA
    My date got canceled. How many bodies you got in there?

WARRICK
    Three. Grissom's down the hall, first door on your right. Just follow the blood.
    We get the usual chorus(line!) of red herrings. Is it the skeezy landlord who thinks he's Vince Vaughn in Swingers? Is it the skeezy f0ck buddy of one of the girls? You get the picture. This is absolutely and utterly a Sara episode. This is her case. She's there when the victim dies. She goes in the ambulence with the only breathing, bloody body found in the house. And she breaks the news of Cammie's demise to her high school sweetheart and the father of the baby they gave up for adoption.

Here's some of their interaction so you can get a feel for where Sara is at:

COREY MEINHART
    How'd you find me?

SARA
    The hospital picture led me to the birth certificate. You were listed as Fin's father.

COREY MEINHART
    Cammie and I named her Fin. Her adoptive parents changed it. I guess she'll never know her real name...Biggest regret of my life is not marrying her...raise Fin together. I wanted to, but she said we were too young...maybe if I had...Cammie'd still be alive...

SARA
    Don't blame yourself. This wasn't your fault.

But Sara knows just how he feels.

COREY MEINHART
    You were with her when she died?

Sara nods.

COREY MEINHART
    Good. I'm glad she wasn't alone like the others. Cammie died knowing kindness.

Sara looks away, overwhelmed by a surge of emotion that she fights back.

Sara fights back a lot of surging emotion in this episode. Sniff.

aussieforgood

[165]Jan 30, 2007
    About sara's date getting cancelled:

Grissom is down the hall at the same scene. Heh.

mystery The weapon of choice is a knife. Just like Laura Sidle used.

It was asked upthread, so I'll just say it here: the title refers to the killer.

This episode is like Burn Out and Alter Boys rolled into one and focusing on Sara. Mystery

I'm skipping some but here's how the scene (it's in the teaser) unfolds. Gibby is eating nachos.

Slowly she [Sara]takes a knee carefully avoiding the second blood pool. She shines her light into the darkness under the bed. Without warning, a BLOODY HAND SHOOTS OUT FROM UNDER THE BED, SCRATCHING SARA'S FACE --

Her own blood streaking her cheek, Sara falls back onto the floor, dropping her maglite which rolls under the bed. She shimmies back a few feet in panic. Heart racing. Adrenaline pumping. She pulls her gun, calling out --

(snip)

First Grissom, then Warrick barrel in, guns drawn. Sara's already on her stomach, craning to look under the bed.

Grissom: Sara?

But, something is drawing her in. Her fear now gone.

SARA'S POV - UNDER THE BED

As the beam of of her dropped maglite illuminates the pale face of Cammie. Still alive. Reaching out again to Sara. (snip)

mystery It does mention that Sara is soaked in Cammie's blood -- she sits on the front porch after Cammie dies, and Brass (sniff) offers her his jacket. She doesn't want to talk. Greg is worried, but Brass gives him, in a nice way, a hint to back off, and give Sara some time and space.

mystery Interesting question:

QUOTE (question to mystery & gibby)

I kind of assumed that MiaB had the potential to reveal a bit about Sara's history as a foster child. Any chance that episode and this episode could tie in together in terms of Sara's story?

Am I the only one mildly disturbed by Cammie scratching Sara's face, then bleeding all over her?

I think you'll have to wait until the episodes air and sort of draw your own conclusions about what's being slowly revealed. You'll also have some hints as to some issues with her (watered down), upon Grissom's return. mystery

Ok Thats it for now!

jenlar

[166]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 19
    Thanks, Auss! You'll understand this: jdslewogaare dsvwl,df! gaaaaaa! *thud*

Don't know what it is... I can check ytdaw all day long and nothing new goes up. I log off & aussie posts a million new spoilers from ytdaw.

XxClaraxX

[167]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 12

Oooooooooooooooooh!!

*shakes and squeeees madly*

I've gone all light headed.  This topic should display a health warning - 'may cause inappropriate noises and actions'

Aussie, you're the best.  *runs off*

aussieforgood

[168]Jan 30, 2007
    jenlar wrote:
    Thanks, Auss! You'll understand this: jdslewogaare dsvwl,df! gaaaaaa! *thud*

Don't know what it is... I can check ytdaw all day long and nothing new goes up. I log off & aussie posts a million new spoilers from ytdaw.

A little magic spell from aussie so she can be the only one to post spoilers

aussieforgood

[169]Jan 30, 2007
    XxClaraxX wrote:

Oooooooooooooooooh!!

I've gone all light headed.  This topic should display a health warning - 'may cause inappropriate noises and actions'

I KNOW!!! and I snuck on at work just to see what was new and I almost squee'd out loud but I think I started to bounce quietly

XxClaraxX

[170]Jan 30, 2007
    aussieforgood wrote:
    XxClaraxX wrote:

Oooooooooooooooooh!!

I KNOW!!! and I snuck on at work just to see what was new and I almost squee'd out loud but I think I started to bounce quietly

As I am sitting on my bed at Uni I think it is best not to bounce at all unless I want my flatmates looking at me weirdly when I emerge...

Not that they don't anyway

SidleGrissom

[171]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 10
    AIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I can't wait for that episode to air.  I was sitting at a computer in the school library when I read those spoilers.  I started to squee out loud and I tried to supress it, but it ended up coming out more like a snort.  Yep, I got some pretty weird looks from the people around me.

csi_87

[172]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yey! Well done Auss, your spoilers have once again put squiiee AIEEEEing grins on our faces!
    That episode sounds brilliant, an episode based around Sara and then GSR squeely goodness. You can't ask for anything better!! YEY!!!

-x-

XxClaraxX

[173]Jan 30, 2007

Mmm...feels like committed, Nesting Dolls and Butterflied all in one go!!!

Am watching CSI!!!!  It's finally here!  Adverts and all, grrr...

Devonwood

[174]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 10
    AIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

aussieforgood

[175]Jan 30, 2007
    But seriously the whole *scratch* thing really bugs me.

aussieforgood

[176]Jan 30, 2007
    more from mystery

A lot of people have questions about Sara's issues -- if you recall when I originally started spoiling all this (MM, LoG, etc), I said many times that full resolution would not be reached until nearer to the finale. Sara's issues upon Grissom's return are somewhat watered down, a precursor if you will, of things to come. When I explained that her issues had been watered down, I said they had been done so in a way that was more concisely appropriate to the situation at hand (re: all the angst surrounding Grissom's sabbatical), not that they were gone altogether. Honestly, I think if they delve too much into it starting in MM and LoG, it's too heavy-handed, so the rewrites make sense as long as there is appropriately unambiguous follow-through, which I expect there to be, but say it with me, closer to the finale. As a couple they catch a break, but I maintain that full resolution of all of Sara's issues will not be reached until nearer to the finale. Starting in MM, the angst is going to ebb and flow to varying degrees, which is quite obviously born out in the spoilers everyone has read so far; that trend will continue. mystery She calls out from the room for them to help her, and then warns them the suspect is under the bed. Grissom and Warrick charge into the room believing Sara is trapped in there with the person who has slit the throats of all these girls. I'm sure Grissom's pulse is well over 100. However, by the time they arrive, Sara has realized that it's not a perp under the bed, but a victim, and is on her stomach reaching out to Cammie.

mystery

heres a good question from one of the members: On another note, it’s rather unusual to have two consecutive episodes end with a significant GSR scene. I know it’s almost impossible to determine but, if you had to speculate, what are the odds for both the shaving scene and the hug scene to survive rewrites and the editing room? Do you think it’s possible to get both? And, if not, which scene do you think has the best chance? “Shaving in the bathroom” or “Hugging in the break room”? Thanks.

and the answer

Actually, this will be three eps in a row that end with Grissom and Sara, LOL. MiaB also ends on them. I honestly don't know what will or won't be cut at this point, because it's all relevant. Every scene is important but for different reasons; it's different angles and aspects of their relationship. But ending with GSR three episodes in a row? That is a lot (although I certainly wouldn't complain). All the endings are emotionally charged to varying degrees, and I just can't imagine any of it being cut. The shaving scene is sexy and all that, but I also think it's vital because Grissom effectively lets Sara "take off his mask." I mean, you want to talk about huge, that's huge. MiaB is a combination of Sara, the case, and them. And then you've got EE, and how could it end any other way? If this were any other season, I'd say the chances of all of the endings staying as is would be slim to none, but this is the seventh season, two of these eps will air during Sweeps, and the third is setting up the end of the season. At this point, I just don't know. One thing we've got working in our favor is that EE will air in April, so that will break up the three-in-a-row at least in terms of time. Ultimately, we'll have to wait and see.

mystery

eta: Just an interesting note, but FI and EE are in effect, bookends -- in FI it's about him trusting her and being vulnerable, and in EE it's the reverse. I don't want any of this cut, and it's so important to their story, it's hard to fathom any of it actually being cut.

aussieforgood

[177]Jan 30, 2007
    My previous post was for 7x18 Empty Eyes, now this post is from Meet Market about the flashback:

All from Gibby:

WP is going to be in this episode. But instead of a flashback to when Grissom told Sara about leaving, they've changed the Grissom scene to accomodate his beardedness (that thing was supposed to be shaved off by the time he got back!) -- so you get to see Grissom, only not when he tells Sara his plans. The flashback got a bit de-personalized from one draft to another. The scene was dramatic, but not soapy, IMO. Considering what's coming up in future episodes...I think you all might want to readjust expectations a little bit. It's still going to be the scene everyone rewinds a million times after the episode airs, but this is all about context. In previous seasons, working pieces moved independently, meaning if you changed the atmosphere of one episode in relation to the GSR, the following episodes wouldn't be affected. Here, if you move a cog in episode 14, the following episodes have to change accordingly. They're telling a story with the last half of the season, so I don't think everyone should expect an event, when what you're going to get is a glimpse.

aussieforgood

[178]Jan 30, 2007
    pic from Law of Gravity

Joker00303

[179]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 67
    Nice spoilers, Aussie. Though, I do have a question. Isn't Keppler supposed to be dead by the time Grissom gets back? What episode does he die in exactly? Or is even supposed to die anymore?

aussieforgood

[180]Jan 31, 2007
    He's supposed to die in that episode.