CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Ted Danson To Replace Laurence Fishburne

[1]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 7

Here's the link:

http://www.aoltv.com/2011/07/12/ted-danson-named-new-csi-boss/?icid=main|compaq-laptop|dl4|sec1_lnk1|218767

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

hal9000_basic

[2]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 8

CSI is an aging franchise. With the departure of Grissom, Lawrence Fishbourne, as good an actor as he is, never really caught my attention. Ted Danson, was great in Cheers and Damages but he has the unenviable task of reviving a fading Series. I doubt any actor will be capable of doing so. They should follow the British and let the Show go out while its still No. 30, instead of being forced out like the venerable Law & Order.

Edward_Nigma

[3]Jul 13, 2011
    • level: 54
    I for one really don't like this...ugh. Not to be mean, but he's pretty old, and out of the realm of people I really know much about, or care to watch on TV. But I guess I'm not 50+ so CBS doesn't care.

This_Years_Love

[4]Jul 14, 2011
    • level: 11

Oh god, I hope that's a joke! Ted Danson is an awful actor. Every role he's ever had, he has played exactly the same way, same expressions, same affectations. He should stick to comedies because you do necessarily need to be a good actor to do comedy. I can't believe Ted Danson is the best they could do! Frown

hakone1

[5]Aug 2, 2011
    • level: 17

I don't like Ted Danson. Can't imagine him on CSI...

Dakotagirl823

[6]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 23
    Apparantly, no one recalls Ted's role as Arthur Forbisher in the first season of Damages-mild mannered on the outside, calulating and ruthless on the inside. Whether one likes him or not, he does have a low key appeal that audiences respond to. Personally, I prefer Danson in comedies but I'm willing to give his character a chance.

haldrey

[7]Oct 6, 2011
    • level: 22
    Of course I remember him in Damages where he did a fantastic job and now with only two episodes into the season he is doing a pretty good job in CSI.

SuziHB

[8]Oct 7, 2011

I am just loving Ted Danson. Better by far than Larry's character. He is intelligent with a quirkiness that is so lovable. Like him equally as much as I did William Peterson's (Gil Grissom) character at first. I hope Ted stays with this exceptional show for more than one season. I remember him being in the first season of Damages opposite Glenn Close making a very worthy adversary to her character. I have never watched Ted Danson in anything that I didn't enjoy. His wife since 1995 is Mary Steenburgen, an excellent actress in her own right.

faugraham

[9]Oct 8, 2011
    • level: 10
    I'm really loving Ted Danson's character. He's been much better than fishburn, so far. He's bringing a good fresh air to the show too... I hope he keeps it like that.

Tirill

[10]Oct 13, 2011
    • level: 3

faugraham wrote:
    I'm really loving Ted Danson's character. He's been much better than fishburn, so far. He's bringing a good fresh air to the show too... I hope he keeps it like that.

Totally agree This season is, so far, the best season since Warrick died.

Ted Danson is really doing a fantastic job Love him !!

SuziHB

[11]Oct 13, 2011

Ted Danson continues to blow me away. The way he puts himself in the position of the victims is fabulous. Lying down in the exact poses of the injured or deceased person, he sees things from their perspective. Loving this season more than I have since early on in this wonderful show's early days.

frosty_ice

[12]Oct 14, 2011
    • level: 24
    Let's see what it happens. I have faith that Ted Danson will make a pretty good work replacing Laurence Fishburne (I was actually sad to see him depart, but hey, that's life). And as for Grissom, well, let's see if the rumours are thruth and that he will make a guest appearence this season.

hal9000_basic

[13]Oct 18, 2011
    • level: 8
    I was losing interest in the Show during the Lawrence Fishburne era but Ted Danson appears to have breathed new life into this old series. He's humorous, light hearted and a fine TV actor.

peakbagger

[14]Oct 29, 2011
    • level: 2
    +1 for Ted Danson. I like his character very much so far. I hope he will be with the show for the long run.

I like that new tech at the lab too, she kind of reminds me of 'Vasquez' from Aliens. ;-)

OnePerCentClub

[15]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 35
    He's an amazing actor and I think he is doing a great job on the show. He's like more paternal and very observant, plus he likes to share points of view with the team... he's like the anti-Grissom.

Now, I loved (still love) Grissom, but Russell prooves that you can have a demanding job and still have a wonderful family. And I hope he can keep both things.

valtigre

[16]Dec 15, 2011
    • level: 3

I really likeTed Danson, it feels like the series is finally back to being good.

sweetsaintz

[17]Jan 6, 2012
    • level: 13

I am seriously loving Ted Danson on CSI this season! He is probably the best thing that happened to the series in a long time. He's brilliant, quirky and absolutely lovable, i sure hope he stays with the series for more than one season! I'll keep watching as long as it stays this good.

Dewbak75

[18]Jan 8, 2012
    • level: 18

I enjoyed Fishburne's early episodes in the first half-season he appeared, but became less interesting after that. The biggest mistake they made was bringing in a heavyweight actor like Fishburne and not making his character the guy in charge. They created the problem themselves, wanting to put him front and center when that wasn't the proper place for his character. At least, not nearly as often as they wanted. I thought I was done with the CSI mothership, but this season has really energized the show for me, specifically the two main additions to the cast. Ted Danson has been absolutely terrific as the new supervisor. He brings a different energy to the show and he plays well off the other actors. Most importantly, the tone of the show has lightened up a bit. That was my biggest complaint with CSI for a long time. After the first few seasons, it got way too dark and depressing. I'm also thrilled with the addition of Elisabeth Harnois. She's also helped brighten the show up, brought back some of the "fun" the show used to have. If they can keep this up, I might actually return as a full-time viewer again.

DrMom4two

[19]Jan 13, 2012
    • level: 2

Ted Danson is GREAT!!! I have been watching since his days on Cheers.