CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

What Happens In Vegas.... (Discuss everything CSI here)

  • Avatar of sugah66

    sugah66

    [21]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 7,312
    yensid85 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

    All right, I actually have something that has been bothering me for a while now.

    Why are there so many episodes where it rains? They're supposed to be in the desert! I live in the desert, and I can tell you, it doesn't rain that much.

    I've lived here since August, and I can probably count the number of times it's rained on one hand.

    But, if it doesn't keep raining, how else will they potentially lose evidence?

    Well, something I'm surprised they haven't used before is a sandstorm. We get a lot of those here, and I'd imagine that on those cases when they're actually out in the desert, the wind would be a problem.

    Seriously, I think about this kind of stuff.  

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of moggiye16

    moggiye16

    [22]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 08/16/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,618
    sugah66 wrote:
    yensid85 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

    All right, I actually have something that has been bothering me for a while now.

    Why are there so many episodes where it rains? They're supposed to be in the desert! I live in the desert, and I can tell you, it doesn't rain that much.

    I've lived here since August, and I can probably count the number of times it's rained on one hand.

    But, if it doesn't keep raining, how else will they potentially lose evidence?

    Well, something I'm surprised they haven't used before is a sandstorm. We get a lot of those here, and I'd imagine that on those cases when they're actually out in the desert, the wind would be a problem.

    Seriously, I think about this kind of stuff.

    They did use a sandstorm in Pirates of the Third Reich, remember (if you saw it)?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yensid85

    yensid85

    [23]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/24/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 6,600
    sugah66 wrote:
    yensid85 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

    All right, I actually have something that has been bothering me for a while now.

    Why are there so many episodes where it rains? They're supposed to be in the desert! I live in the desert, and I can tell you, it doesn't rain that much.

    I've lived here since August, and I can probably count the number of times it's rained on one hand.

    But, if it doesn't keep raining, how else will they potentially lose evidence?

    Well, something I'm surprised they haven't used before is a sandstorm. We get a lot of those here, and I'd imagine that on those cases when they're actually out in the desert, the wind would be a problem.

    Seriously, I think about this kind of stuff.

    Loser.

    But, really, those are good points. It's probably because the show is filmed in LA and they have no idea what desert life is like.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gnb_rules

    gnb_rules

    [24]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 10/01/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,294
    sugah66 wrote:
    yensid85 wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

    All right, I actually have something that has been bothering me for a while now.

    Why are there so many episodes where it rains? They're supposed to be in the desert! I live in the desert, and I can tell you, it doesn't rain that much.

    I've lived here since August, and I can probably count the number of times it's rained on one hand.

    But, if it doesn't keep raining, how else will they potentially lose evidence?

    Well, something I'm surprised they haven't used before is a sandstorm. We get a lot of those here, and I'd imagine that on those cases when they're actually out in the desert, the wind would be a problem.

    Seriously, I think about this kind of stuff.  



    Well, when it rained in Down the drain, it seemed like a monsoon storm...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sugah66

    sugah66

    [25]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 7,312

    moggiye16 wrote:
    They did use a sandstorm in Pirates of the Third Reich, remember (if you saw it)?

    Huh. So they did. I forgot about that. Still, I'd imagine a sandstorm would happen more often than that rain.

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Well, when it rained in Down the drain, it seemed like a monsoon storm...

    Oh, GNB, please don't tell me you're one of the people who refers to that as a monsoon! My sister and I hate that! Monsoons last days, weeks, months even! What we get out here, they're thunderstorms. Every time the weather guy says that it's 'monsoon season', I want to call the network and ask if I suddenly moved to Southeast Asia. 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gnb_rules

    gnb_rules

    [26]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 10/01/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,294
    sugah66 wrote:

    moggiye16 wrote:
    They did use a sandstorm in Pirates of the Third Reich, remember (if you saw it)?

    Huh. So they did. I forgot about that. Still, I'd imagine a sandstorm would happen more often than that rain.

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Well, when it rained in Down the drain, it seemed like a monsoon storm...

    Oh, GNB, please don't tell me you're one of the people who refers to that as a monsoon! My sister and I hate that! Monsoons last days, weeks, months even! What we get out here, they're thunderstorms. Every time the weather guy says that it's 'monsoon season', I want to call the network and ask if I suddenly moved to Southeast Asia. 



    Fine, thunderstorm, just for you Sugah.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of moggiye16

    moggiye16

    [27]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 08/16/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,618
    sugah66 wrote:

    moggiye16 wrote:
    They did use a sandstorm in Pirates of the Third Reich, remember (if you saw it)?

    Huh. So they did. I forgot about that. Still, I'd imagine a sandstorm would happen more often than that rain.

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Well, when it rained in Down the drain, it seemed like a monsoon storm...

    Oh, GNB, please don't tell me you're one of the people who refers to that as a monsoon! My sister and I hate that! Monsoons last days, weeks, months even! What we get out here, they're thunderstorms. Every time the weather guy says that it's 'monsoon season', I want to call the network and ask if I suddenly moved to Southeast Asia.

    All we get out here are wicked thunderstorms (that scare the crap outta Mog), some rain and more sunshine than I know what to do with. Oh and pissy neighbours who always break the water-ban 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sugah66

    sugah66

    [28]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 7,312
    gnb_rules wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Well, when it rained in Down the drain, it seemed like a monsoon storm...

    Oh, GNB, please don't tell me you're one of the people who refers to that as a monsoon! My sister and I hate that! Monsoons last days, weeks, months even! What we get out here, they're thunderstorms. Every time the weather guy says that it's 'monsoon season', I want to call the network and ask if I suddenly moved to Southeast Asia.

    Fine, thunderstorm, just for you Sugah.

    Sorry. Major pet peeve of mine. Living in Arizona, we don't get 'monsoons'. That's an incorrect usage of the term, and I really can't stand that it's accepted like it is. 

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gnb_rules

    gnb_rules

    [29]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 10/01/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,294
    sugah66 wrote:
    gnb_rules wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Well, when it rained in Down the drain, it seemed like a monsoon storm...

    Oh, GNB, please don't tell me you're one of the people who refers to that as a monsoon! My sister and I hate that! Monsoons last days, weeks, months even! What we get out here, they're thunderstorms. Every time the weather guy says that it's 'monsoon season', I want to call the network and ask if I suddenly moved to Southeast Asia.

    Fine, thunderstorm, just for you Sugah.

    Sorry. Major pet peeve of mine. Living in Arizona, we don't get 'monsoons'. That's an incorrect usage of the term, and I really can't stand that it's accepted like it is. 



    Apparently so...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of moggiye16

    moggiye16

    [30]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 08/16/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,618
    sugah66 wrote:
    Sorry. Major pet peeve of mine. Living in Arizona, we don't get 'monsoons'. That's an incorrect usage of the term, and I really can't stand that it's accepted like it is.
    And that's what I love ya for Sugah! You're so literal! one thing that makes my day (besides laughing at flames for my stories) is correcting teachers on their spelling. Yeah....that was pretty random.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sugah66

    sugah66

    [31]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 7,312

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Apparently so...

    I have a lot of pet peeves. For example, people who insist on starting threads asking which CSI is the best. Because then I have to listen to people bashing NY, which is my favorite show.

    *sigh*

    Can't we all just get along?

    EDIT: Moggs, I love that, too! I had a teacher once who always mispronounced 'Yosemite'. I rather enjoyed correcting him, at the age of 12. 

    Edited on 06/01/2007 10:27pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gnb_rules

    gnb_rules

    [32]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 10/01/06
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 2,294
    sugah66 wrote:

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Apparently so...

    I have a lot of pet peeves. For example, people who insist on starting threads asking which CSI is the best. Because then I have to listen to people bashing NY, which is my favorite show.

    *sigh*

    Can't we all just get along? 



    Probably not...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yensid85

    yensid85

    [33]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/24/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 6,600
    One of my pet peeves is the word peeve.

    ......

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sugah66

    sugah66

    [34]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 7,312

    yensid85 wrote:
    One of my pet peeves is the word peeve.

    ......

    Suck it, Trebek.  

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of moggiye16

    moggiye16

    [35]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 08/16/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,618
    gnb_rules wrote:
    sugah66 wrote:

    gnb_rules wrote:
    Apparently so...

    I have a lot of pet peeves. For example, people who insist on starting threads asking which CSI is the best. Because then I have to listen to people bashing NY, which is my favorite show.

    *sigh*

    Can't we all just get along?

    Probably not...
    I think it'd be weird living in a world where we all got along. I so don't think it'll ever happen. On the plus side, we have CSI to disperse reality and make it non-existant!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yensid85

    yensid85

    [36]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/24/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 6,600
    sugah66 wrote:

    yensid85 wrote:
    One of my pet peeves is the word peeve.

    ......

    Suck it, Trebek.

    I would give D-Rob's normal response but I don't want to traumatize anyone who doesn't frequent the D-Rob board.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of countrymuzluvr1

    countrymuzluvr1

    [37]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 10/13/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 771
    So what episode would you consider to have the best rain storm?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sugah66

    sugah66

    [38]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 04/05/06
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 7,312

    ^^ It's fun to scar people.  

    moggiye16 wrote:
    On the plus side, we have CSI to disperse reality and make it non-existant!

    Make reality nonexistent? Or us all getting along?  

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of moggiye16

    moggiye16

    [39]Jun 1, 2007
    • member since: 08/16/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 2,618
    sugah66 wrote:

    ^^ It's fun to scar people.

    moggiye16 wrote:
    On the plus side, we have CSI to disperse reality and make it non-existant!

    Make reality nonexistent? Or us all getting along?

    Scarring people makes life so much more interesting. I did that to my brother this one time of 35 435 434. I had this red mark and he wanted to see it. Silly boy. then there was this other time I had half his  c l a s s  convinced he took ballet lessons. Although, that's more humilating than scarring, but that's the same thing, isn't it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of foxycsi

    foxycsi

    [40]Jun 2, 2007
    • member since: 05/19/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 616
    It is really suprising that if it is true, they have already released the date for the beginning of the next season of CSI.  Don't get me wrong, if it is indeed true I can now start my countdown right now. ya hooo. Now concerning the topic at hand. mmmm. -well we've already had the ufo epsidode back in 2001-02 so that takes care of area 51. gambling has already been dealt with several times including 1 case where the victim died at the poker table.  I guess the only thing I could think of that makes Vegas Vegas is a quick wedding in the chapel of love. And I nominate you know whoooo. Grissom and Sidle. do I hear any votes of aye from anyone. I think that that would be a very nice episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.