CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

What Happens In Vegas.... (Discuss everything CSI here)

dd999

[221]Jan 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    Visiting Vegas tomorrow.it's fantastic. Save with coupons if you guys go http://www.vegascoupon.org
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cathgil

[222]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 16

did you hear that taylor swift is going to be on an epasdioe of csi.

gjonesworth

[223]Mar 26, 2009
    • level: 2
    cathgil wrote:

did you hear that taylor swift is going to be on an epasdioe of csi.

I was skeptical about having a celebrity guest star like that, but after seeing the episode, I think Taylor Swift did an exceptional job.

RYanovskaya

[224]May 2, 2009
    • level: 4

I've been wanting to rant about this for a while, ever since For Warrick, so I'm going to do it here.

How can the lab just go on as normal after it's found that the undersherrif is a mole and a killer and generally compromised? When Grissom made one *suspected* mistake, his case was completely pulled, he was put under investigation, and practically every decision he ever made was examined. Now the almost HEAD of the lab is found to be corrupt and no one even investigates anything. Shouldn't every decision he ever put his stamp on be re-examined? Including the whole Demetrius James incident, where the undersherrif made most of the decisions! It's just ridiculous that the show didn't focus at all on the repercussions of that plotline.

/end rant

lynna12000

[225]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 21
    RYanovskaya wrote:

I've been wanting to rant about this for a while, ever since For Warrick, so I'm going to do it here.

How can the lab just go on as normal after it's found that the undersherrif is a mole and a killer and generally compromised? When Grissom made one *suspected* mistake, his case was completely pulled, he was put under investigation, and practically every decision he ever made was examined. Now the almost HEAD of the lab is found to be corrupt and no one even investigates anything. Shouldn't every decision he ever put his stamp on be re-examined? Including the whole Demetrius James incident, where the undersherrif made most of the decisions! It's just ridiculous that the show didn't focus at all on the repercussions of that plotline.

/end rant

If they did that; the sheer scope of the investigation would overtake every single episode from here til teh end of CSI.

gconley

[226]Apr 4, 2010
    • level: 1

When is Marg Helgenberger going to finally be replaced by someone of the correct age for her character? My gawd the woman is fifty+ and the show is still trying to play her as a sex symbol. I don't know who did her plastic surgery but when they do a close up of her face it is hard to look at, her skin is pulled so tight it really is embarassing. Come on guys, time to stop using senior citizens for roles that are obviously meant for a younger person.

csistokesfan

[227]Apr 4, 2010
    • level: 22
    gconley wrote:

When is Marg Helgenberger going to finally be replaced by someone of the correct age for her character? My gawd the woman is fifty+ and the show is still trying to play her as a sex symbol. I don't know who did her plastic surgery but when they do a close up of her face it is hard to look at, her skin is pulled so tight it really is embarassing. Come on guys, time to stop using senior citizens for roles that are obviously meant for a younger person.

I don't think you can replace marg, I love her, and I think she is so pretty

SaraGris

[228]Apr 5, 2010
    • level: 14
    csistokesfan wrote:
    gconley wrote:

I don't think you can replace marg, I love her, and I think she is so pretty

no need to replace her but it's true that she needs to be true to her real age. She is beautiful to her age

xxrafter

[229]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 2

I wasn't sure where to post this but this seemed the most appropriate place...just came across this rather distressing comment from George Eads about a possible Grissom return.

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/418417_tvgif13.html

Even if he believes it to be true why would he say it out loud and potentially upset alot of fans!?! A large part of what keeps many fans staying with the show is the hope that Grissom might turn up eventually. Stating that you think he is never going to come back is just plain stupid and counter productive. I have to wonder if actors really know or care what keeps fans interested

Poppyseedy

[230]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 11
    xxrafter wrote:

I wasn't sure where to post this but this seemed the most appropriate place...just came across this rather distressing comment from George Eads about a possible Grissom return.

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/418417_tvgif13.html

Even if he believes it to be true why would he say it out loud and potentially upset alot of fans!?! A large part of what keeps many fans staying with the show is the hope that Grissom might turn up eventually. Stating that you think he is never going to come back is just plain stupid and counter productive. I have to wonder if actors really know or care what keeps fans interested

It's more than disturbing. Why would Carol Mandelson say thing like Grissom is going to visit sometime if it's not true? George Eads often says things that probably out of nowhere.

I hope he's wrong. Only Grissom's possible visit keep me going wuth CSI.

jekyll

[231]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 86

gconley wrote:

Actually, this wasn't a huge issue at the start because this is one of the few shows left on air from the pre-HD era. She aged fifteen years overnight when they started broadcasting in HD (and when friends upgrade to HDTV, I actually call the apparent sudden agingthey'll be seeing inmiddle-aged women "The Helgenberger Effect"). Anyone still watching in standard definition probably still thinks she looks really good, but anyone who has transitioned over from SD to HD knows exactly what I'm (and you're) talking about.

lynna12000

[232]Oct 29, 2010
    • level: 21
    jekyll wrote:

gconley wrote:

Actually, this wasn't a huge issue at the start because this is one of the few shows left on air from the pre-HD era. She aged fifteen years overnight when they started broadcasting in HD (and when friends upgrade to HDTV, I actually call the apparent sudden agingthey'll be seeing inmiddle-aged women "The Helgenberger Effect"). Anyone still watching in standard definition probably still thinks she looks really good, but anyone who has transitioned over from SD to HD knows exactly what I'm (and you're) talking about.

Just because Catherine is in her 50's, doesn't mean she lacks a personal life. Why should she? She may not be a fresh-faced 20 something. That does NOT mean she is a senior citizen.

adonica1

[233]Nov 29, 2011
    • level: 4

This is one of my fav...Im new to the site so what is GSR?

mrivera

[234]Mar 18, 2013
    • level: 10

Has anyone mentioned how ludicrous Nick's overly shaped and dyed eyebrows look?