CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Forums

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Why Did Grissom Leave?

BrianDodgersFan

[1]Dec 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    Im Asking
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rvdg

[2]Dec 23, 2008
    • level: 5
    To do other things like going after Sara Sidle.....

hawksie

[3]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 9
    rvdg wrote:

lmfao..
    Pretty much tho

dmjg

[4]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 14

rvdg wrote:

As it happens, I'm not going to notice! We're several shows behind here in the UK; but I've grown so disenchanted that I don't think I'll watch. I didn't much mind Sara leaving (which never felt final), but was so cheesed off with Warrick's departure that I'm not even interested in tuning in too see how it's resolved...

super_friend21

[5]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 27
    dmjg wrote:

rvdg wrote:

As it happens, I'm not going to notice! We're several shows behind here in the UK; but I've grown so disenchanted that I don't think I'll watch. I didn't much mind Sara leaving (which never felt final), but was so cheesed off with Warrick's departure that I'm not even interested in tuning in too see how it's resolved...

Oh come on, I feel the same way but at least watch the first ep of Season 9 next Tuesday and then decide from there! What do you say?

dmjg

[6]Jan 7, 2009

super_friend21 wrote:
    Oh come on, I feel the same way but at least watch the first ep of Season 9 next Tuesday and then decide from there! What do you say?

I suppose! Mind - even before The Death Of Warrick ( ) I was going off the show. One of the joys of watching it had been its concentration on storylines rather than on the personal lives of individuals. It started to get boring after they put Grissom and Sara together. And no, that isn't just because I didn't like Sara! The show just seemed to lose momentum. I didn't watch most of the last series - just the first couple of episodes and then the last. My problem is that I don't want to watch, but I do want to see what happens when Laurence Fishburne joins. 'Course that means no Grissom... Life, hey? Full of pitfalls

Edited on 01/07/2009 4:25am

lynna12000

[7]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 21
    WP has said he is open to coming back from time to time. He just wants to pursue other things. It will be interesting to see if the writers give the audience hints about Grissoms doings from time to time.

LH does look like he will fit in quite nicely with the rest of the cast. The nice thing about large ensemble casts is that it does make it easier to bring in new people.

bob07087

[8]Jan 11, 2009
    • level: 19
    To persue other things, like Sara and maybe teaching (he has a doctorate if I'm not mistaken, someone refered to him as doctor Grissom this season). His character has not been the same since Sara left and definitely after Warrick was killed.

dmjg

[9]Jan 13, 2009

super_friend21 wrote:

Ok - SF so it's 5 minutes into CSI 9 (or 8 or whatEVER) and I'm really just too hacked off to manage. I have SOOOOO gone off the show - and that's before Sara Sidle reappears . It was losing its flavour last season anyway, and this just sucks now. I know they get the guy, but can't be bothered to see how.

Anyway - enjoy - I mean that (and let me know if I miss anything!) Oops - and there is the Sidle.....

Thanks and g'nite

evans46f

[10]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 3
    Well they didn't intend on getting rid of Warrick, they had to after he was arrested for drug use/possession/intent to distribute/whatever else he was into. After that they decided it was best to separate from him. As for Grissom leaving.... Again, it wasn't really their decision (writers) William Peterson wanted out to go do his own thing. Nine some odd Seasons of a TV show can be pretty draining and its amazing they all kept it up this long.

L_Mabbitt

[11]Jan 16, 2009
    • level: 2
    I don't know why Grissom left, but I'm sad. I was sad when Warrick died. I cried during his funeral episode. I never felt that Sara's departure was final either, but I think that Grissom's is and that makes me sad.

Plonked

[12]Jan 17, 2009
    • level: 16

L_Mabbitt wrote:
    I don't know why Grissom left, but I'm sad. I was sad when Warrick died. I cried during his funeral episode. I never felt that Sara's departure was final either, but I think that Grissom's is and that makes me sad.

I balled my eyes out, Iwas uncontrollable over it. Im the same with Sarah I dont miss her though.

dmjg

[13]Jan 17, 2009

L_Mabbitt wrote:

Well, I tried to watch when it came back after Warrick's death, but at the time of my last posting I was bored Never thought I'd say that of the "real" CSI (though I'm also bored by "Miami" and "NY"). And the preview they're showing on Five isn't inclining me to change my mind.

That said though, I confess to some interest is seeing how 'The Fish' fits in. I think that Criminal Minds continued to be brilliant even without Mandy Pantinkin. But then - I hadn't already lost interest in it...

gawgus_girl

[14]Mar 27, 2009
    • level: 6
    Isn't it because the actor left and retired? x

PersonWorld

[15]Mar 28, 2009
    • level: 29
    gawgus_girl wrote:
    Isn't it because the actor left and retired? x

William Petersen didn't retire, he just wanted to do other things, particulary theater.

snarlah

[16]Apr 27, 2011
    • level: 1
    I think that William Peterson simply got tired of playing Grissom, although there may also have been a problem about his salary. Those are pretty much the usual reasons. I miss him, but like Larry Fishburne just as much in his interpretation. It's very different and very good.

jhday

[17]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 10

I don't think his salary had anything to do with it since he was the highest paid actor on tv, but WP said he wanted to move on. I think his personal life was anchored more in Chicago, and he wanted to shed the day-to-day commitments of a tv show and do other things that allowed him more freedom in his life. I miss Grissom, and the GSR interactions that made the series unique, but I wish him well. He seems to be willing to make a guest appearance now and then, so I'll take it.