CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Fracked

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 11, 2010 on CBS

7.8
  • The crap in PA about fracing is wrong!! "Gas Land" is a Lie! Spreading Fear about a process that can help this country with cheap energy.

DelRiverRat

I am sick of hearing about Pennsylvania and how angry you are about people who legally leased their mineral rights to oil and gas companies and are benefiting from it. You are just mad because you are not making money....just like most of the people in this country who feel "entitled" to wealth.

This episode is full of false lies about the process. The video they show is completely wrong and it doesn't "explode" and almost all the wellbores are THOUSANDS of feet below the groundwater, there are layers of rock that block water traveling from deep within the earth towards the surface. The only way it can travel towards the surface is through faults and most natural gas companies avoid those because they stop the well from producing. A fault is a HAZARD! We respect the land and if it is done RIGHT there is hardly any damage done to the well site or ground water....in fact i bet 99% of methane in PA's water...if there is any...comes from wells drilled sixty years ago and where not plugged correctly ...or surface spills from bad operators...NOT FRACING! And we don't employ secret assassins to kill people....please stop hating us because we work hard to bring people like you electricity and make it so you can drive your car!