CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Frame By Frame

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2013 on CBS

• The flashbacks that weren't

It was a cold case that had all the elements of classic CSI - a murder, a casino mogul, and Sara Sidle putting an obsession for justice over - well, anything else. The only problem was, those flashbacks weren't because that case didn't exist until this show.

Overall it was a pretty decent episode; but I'm going to have to give it a higher rating, just because they managed to fool all of us - including myself, until I went back to check it out.

For the record: the case happened 13 years ago - based on the date shown on the evidence (10-22-2000), which would've put it a few episodes into season 1.

While Greg did have a tendency to wear shirts with wide lapels, like in the flashback, during season 1, he generally wore a lab coat, and had zero outward intention of being a CSI at that point. In addition, he had more of a straight, but shaggy hairdo at that point

Catherine, still trying to distance herself from her showgirl past, had more of a tendency to wear pants suits, and feathered, blonde hair that hung in her eyes.

Ironically, Sara, wore her hair back, and out of her face - where the "flashbacks" showed the opposite - probably to further mask the fact that she wasn't really 13 years younger.
CBS