CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Frame By Frame

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2013 on CBS

• CSI marks its 300th episode with the team revisiting an unsolved case from fourteen years ago.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode very much, but I did have problems with it. The biggest problem is one that some of my fellow reviewers have touched upon. This episode was billed as Marg Helgenberger's triumphant return to "CSI" and she played a very small part in it being seen only in flashback scenes. I did not like how CBS mislead viewers to a certain degree. However there are some positive things to say about this episode. One thing is that I like that it avoided the clichs in the sense that it was not formulaic. I actually like that in the end the main suspect turned out to be innocent. I also like how there was a perfectly plausible explanation as to why the CSI's never found a body in the initial investigation. Also, the cast is once again strong as usual. Many people have come and gone from this great show during its long run, but the cast has always been great and continue to be as such. It's almost hard to believe that "CSI" has lasted as long as it has. It has had its ups and downs but it is still the great show it was from its premier.
USA