CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Freaks & Geeks

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 02, 2011 on CBS

• Freaks?

I found this episode to be rude. I highly disliked how they depicted a person with neurofibromatosis to be a freak. I have that condition so I feel like I am being labeled a freak. I suffer everyday from people making fun of me. This is highly popular show and it's almost condoning/telling people that anyone with neurofibromatosis is a freak. We are not.
  • DB and the team investigate the murder of a woman who was a popular performer at a travelling freak show.

CSI continues to have a strong season with yet another entertaining and well written episode. Ted Danson continues the excellent job he has been doing on the show up to this point. The scenes at the freak show are very well done.They range from fascinating to flat out frightening. The opening scene is terrific. It adds just the right amount of suspense and mystery to keep the viewer interested. The scene of The Human Candelabra performing her act is the high point of the episode. A well done and even frightening moment in this odd, eerie yet compelling episode of the long running series. Hopefully CSI will continue its winning streak for many episodes to come.

• freaks of nature

I think it's scary when we don't get surprise anymore at how sick a person can be. After seeing the horrible death in tonight's episode Catherine's line goes like - after all these years I'm not surprise what people are capable of. I guess that's true, after working for so long investigating deaths, one has already seen the capability of man to be sadistic and really really bad.

I had a hunch that the sister was the one who murdered the victim but all in all I think the episode was good. It's not always every day that we get to see freak shows.

• I am really finding the new additions to the cast refreshing, surprising and not-at-all divisive of the rest of the team.

I won't give away any of the plot here--this isn't a recap. But just when I thought I couldn't like Dr. Russell more, the scriptwriters bring in a backstory of how he and his wife met and fell in love--much to the astonishment of Willows. Also, the history of his parents was quite interesting, too!

I am, however, looking forward in seeing more of the original crew in next week's episode...looks like even Sidle will be on hand.

USA