CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Grave Danger (1)

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 19, 2005 on CBS

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• The best episode of the whole series!

It was so exiting! the twists and turns could make a person dizzy! I could almost jump when things happened. My heart couldn't stop beating. I absolutely loved this episode! I also love it when one of the main characters get kidnapped or wounded. It was just incredible.

And I love how it effects the rest of the show. After this episode, Nick would be terrified of small spaces and insects. Thuis might sound evil, but it's so interesting when a character has a phobia but still has to face it!
  • Exactly why I watch this series!!

This was such a good episode!! It was very exciting! But ofcourse it was good...who wrote it? Quentin Tarantino..who else!!?!!!
    You need to see this episode! But watch it with someone!! I think the actors really performed well in this episode, but then again..they always do!!!!! :)
    Hope Tarantino comes back to CSI!
  • This episode was riveting right to the end.

This episode was a thrill to watch and captivating. It shows that even CSI guys have got to watch each others backs or there is no telling what might happen. It also showed how they all care about each other and are there when they are needed. My family has always enjoyed CSI and we cannot wait to see what happens next.
  • TV at its best!!!

I totally, absolutely LOVED this episode. Well, nothing less could be expected when the best show on TV is being written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. Everything about this episode was absolutely great... the plot, the writing, the setting, the directing and of course... the acting! Everyone was amazing through out the whole episode, specially, of course, George Eads. What I really loved about it, was that it had everything on it, I actually laugh, scream, cry... everything! Now, onto the big director... Tarantino demostrated that he actually IS a huge CSI fan... you could tell that he has seen every episode, just because of the fact that he introduced a lot of the characters\' personal facts on it (Grissom\'s facination with bugs and his ability to read lips, Catherine\'s father,...). He also introduced a lot of his movie\'s characteristics on it (camera angles, first shots, camera going around in circles,...). Overall, the whole episode was amazing, definitely CSI\'s best, and I\'m sure, as a CSI fanatic and a Tarantino fan, that both CSI and Tarantino fans loved it. Let\'s just hope for a Grave Danger vol.3!!! hahaha.
  • Poor little Nicky! Nobody saw it coming...

The whole episode based around Nick. Now that hardly ever happens. Obviously Nick is my favorite character. He is so cute and even though his jokes are never funny, I still love him anyway.
    This whole episode I cried so much! It is so sad. George Eads played Nick so well this time. It must have been so hard but I give him a big pat on the back for his performance. He really made people believe he wasn't going to make it to next season. I'm so glad though that he's fine!
    I don't think that Grissom should have acted like that. He was the only person who wasn't sad or shocked by what was happening to Nick. When he was watching all the clips, he was almost smiling. That disterbed me heaps.
    Overall though this episode was great! One of the best ever CSI episodes!
  • The first time I saw his was last night, and I must say, it was amazing, off-the seat intensity. It was the best episode ever. When it aired, I missed it but it was great.

Gotta be the best CSI episodes ever. When I saw the preview for the season 6 premiere,(which is on right now), im like, i gotta see it more... and i was like omg...this is great. This is the most original episode, and im sorry this review is a bit, ummm,sloppy. So great episode. Watch it. Regards-jandrew
  • What an amazing episode. I must have seen "Grave Danger" about 10 times now and it's just as good as the first time I saw it.

I liked eveything about this episode and I would advise anyone who hasn't seen it to make sure and check it out. If you like suspence then you will absolutly love "Grave Danger" vol 1 & 2. Just writing this is making me want to go and watch it. Can't wait for Season 6 WOOT!
  • I enjoyed this episode, but...

I enjoyed this episode, however I felt that some of it was over the top. This past season of CSI has had some standout episodes, but more and more it seems that, rather than come up with original ideas, (perhaps the writers have run out?) they are taking ideas they can play for shock value. I find that sad.
    I love the idea of a high-profile \'guest director\'. It worked wonderfully in Season 3 of The Shield, when David Mamet directed the episode \'Strays\'. It was tight, well-directed, and very skillful. They chose an excellent guest director. My opinion is that Quentin Tarantino is slightly too sensational for TV. When I use the word sensational, I don\'t mean it in the sense of \'great\' or \'wonderful\'. I mean it in the sense of taking an idea and sensationalizing it so people will say \"Hey, this is the episode where you see someone get autopsied alive! Cool!\" I felt that this took credibility away from the show. I find it slightly harder to take them seriously after farce like that. I am aware that CSI deals with much grotesque and graphic subject matter. This goes along with the theme of the show. However, they don\'t, as a rule, play it for laughs, or encourage the audience to take pleasure in the misery of the characters, whether one of the main characters, or a weekly victim. That\'s what this scene, and several other parts of this episode, did, and I didn\'t enjoy that. I understand that it was meant to be irreverent...that\'s how Tarantino works. But I just found it to be tasteless.
    Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed at least half of this episode, and I'm not going to go into detail and mention everything I *did* like, it's far easier for me to point out what I didn't, since in my mind, it stood out so starkly. While I will definitely continue to watch CSI next season, as I have in the past, the show has lost a few points of class with this episode.
  • what was the big fuss?

When I saw the ad for this episode I thought, “Cool, a CSI with a Quentin Tarantino angel”. But sadly no. I don’t know what made this one so “Quentin Tarantino” different, apart from the dream scene. I have to say I’ve never seen a Quentin Tarantino movie and haven’t watched a episode of CSI since season 1 but, I mean if you compare Die Another Day to any other Bond movie you can see Lee Tamahori style of direction, this just seemed like another CSI episode.
  • Can they save Nick?

Omg! The season finale was AMAZING!!!!! Nick did such a great job!!! We finally saw something in Nick we've never seen before and it was good. I was glad to see how he's developed throughout the show and to see his limits and strengths. I felt sooo bad for him because I dont know what I would have done if I were in his position. I was just glad they found him and got him out alive. I cried....it was just amazing! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time!!! It was such a good episode!
  • Nick is kidnapped and the team has to find him before time runs out.

OMG! This is the reason that I watch CSI!!! This show had me on the edge of my chair the whole time. I don't think I moved from my seat during this episode.
    But has any one else noticed that all the bad stuff seems to happen to Nick? He\'s had a gun pointed at him twice, had a pretty terribal experience at the age of 9, and now he\'s not only been kidnapped but burried alive as well.
    This episode was really ground breaking, I don\'t think I\'ve ever seen another show that had an episode that was almost painful to watch but kept you in your place. I can only hope that the creativeness of the show doesn\'t go down from here, like that of so many other shows.

Nick fans will seriously enjoy this episode. I was sitting on the edge of my sofa the whole way through and at a few points was shaking with fear, anticipation and excitement. The storyline is amazing, especially for a season finale.

Nick is kidnapped and buried alive with a gun, tape recorder and a glowing rod. Theres a webcam in the plexiglass coffin. The anxious and worried CSI team get a package in the post, the webcam link to Nick. Slowly, they have to watch him dying and suffering- it was a very hard scene not to cry through. Grissom puts all cases on hold so he and the others can find their friend. But will they make it before he runs out of oxygen????

Anyone from England will know that the episode got postponed a week due to the London terroist attack, and I bet they were as upset as I was. I had shut the curtains and turned off the lights to really get the effect of the episode. But waiting a week was well worth it.

If you love excitement, a good crime investigation and a load of buff actors, then CSI is the show for you... but make sure you watch this episode first!

Love Hollie xoxox Teen Titans rok!
  • i woke my dad and my brother up when i saw the dream scene.... i was screaming... my brother thought i was absolutely nuts....

i woke my dad and my brother up when i saw the dream scene.... i was screaming... my brother thought i was absolutely nuts.... i was practically crying... im trying to become a csi and ive learned a lot from the show.... i was screaming though i only managed to see the last half of the episode.... and then when he almost shot himself.... i screamed again.... if he hadnt of gotte out i wouldnt have continued to watch it... so, im glad they got him out in time. not a good way to go, eaten alive by fire-amts.... fun...and painful... kno its a tv show but i felt so sorry for him....

Gosh I really felt as if i was in that box with Nick - it was sooooooo small - it was awful! I just wanted him out of there! Mind you if you suffer from claustophobia this is not for you as it was so realistic - I really felt for Nick and for the others CSI's who were watching the live feed they had into the box - as here in the UK we are way behind I am looking forward to watching the concluding episode in the next 2 days!!!!! Lucy
  • Good start for season-final

This double-bill was definatly worth the wait, first of all i thought that nick was going to be kidnapped in the middle of the episoide not at the begaining which was a surprise to me. Anyway i do have one problem how comes they was only 1 cop on scene i mean in every case of CSI there's always been a minimum of 2 cops. That was one of holes in this episoide. Still evdience bag has yellow tag, common sense Nick should of called the cop.

The first part just set the scene to see Nick suffer but Warrick could of been it, question is which one would u lot prefer Nick or Warrick, i think it was a good choice to take nick because he is shorter. i thought it was nice that kidnapper gave him a gun and lights. The webcam thing was really sinster i mean how could you watch that, good thing is that CSI knew he was alive. The fan thing was brillant.

Enter Grissom team, it's been a while since the whole team were together, we could see how it had affected him, Catrine father giving her the money, this shows how strong CSI relationship with each other, All the team were emotional about this which showed good acting. Grissom goes to meet kidnapper and what happend next was reason why this double-bill was cancelled next week.
  • A brilliant episode from a legendary director!

This episode could not be any more4 classic Tarantino. Everything from the film style to actual scenes is clearly recognisable. The mortuary scene is a primary example of this filmed in a Kill Bill style black and white due to the excessive amounts of blood and ‘gore’. Many would say this is a bad thing but me, well, I can’t agree – watch now if u can stomach it!
  • Oh My God, this is the most amazing episode of CSI EVER! and is a perfect end to an amzing season!

I both Love and hate Quentin Tarantino in this episode of CSI, i hate him for making me sit through 2 hours of edge of my seat suspense about whether they would kill Nick or not, and then when it looked like they did, i couldnt believe my eyes. i love him for all of the same reasons. this was by far the most nerve wracking episode of this series yet, i do not know if they will ever be able to top it. i thought it was a great touch to bring in Tony Curtis and Frank Gorshin to play themselves (especially with mr. Gorshin dying the week that the episode airs, that is divine intervention if you ask me). again, all i can say is WOW! i can only look forward to next season, and i will be happy if it is even half as good as this one
  • When one of their own must face what seems like the last hours of life, the whole CSI unit comes to aid, only to find the only thing they can do is WATCH. The question is, what will he do with the gun beside him? Answer? Hold on.

This episode of CSI is truly what drama television should be… completely eye-popping, fist-quenching, nail-biting, and jaw-dropping-ly amazing. Quentin Tarantino co-writes and directs this episode, which indubitably became a pivotal moment in CBS history. Over 30 million tuned in to this 2-hr episode to witness the brilliance that the trailers had promised, and needless to say, I certainly left the theatre happy. Tarantino delivered a realistic and passionate plot. Possibly despite his innate abilities, he kept the story real… and only in the perfect moment was the audience graced with his undeniable talent for blood and dismemberment, in all of its ‘gore-y’. In this episode, every man has his moment. As it seems, the personality of every character on the show was probed, and as it turns out, they all have new facets that we have never seen. Conrad’s sincerity was surprising, but completely moving; Grissom’s fathering was pure; and Warrick’s anger, though previously seen, was unmatched in his guilt. The entire cast delivered a moving performance. The acting was formidable; especially that of George Eads’. His acting was…convincing… to say the Least. His every scream brought chills to my spine. Truly amazing acting. None of the cast were actors in this episode; they were only CSI’s trying to find a way to help their friend.

A gallon of talent, a pint of drama, a pinch of humour and equal parts signature Tarantino, and a bucketful of suspense and what do you get?
    Answer: CSI Season 5 finale; drama television at its very best.
    My Verdict: a completely Explosive finale.
  • The season 5 season finale, and by far the best CSI episode ever...

Best episode ever!!!!! That is the only way I can think of to describe Grave Danger. It was the most cleverly written imaginative episode I have ever seen. And when I say best episode ever, I mean of any show. Now being a huge Tarantino fan, I am admitedly biased. But Tarantino, or no Tarantino, these were clearly the best CSI episodes I have ever seen. (I am writing my reweiw in the part 1 section, but it is actually a reveiw for the entire 1 hour finale) I love CSI anyway, and it is hands down one of the most imaginitive shows around. When you throw Tarantino into the mix as not only the director, but writer as well, you can't help but create the most amazing 1 hour episode of telivision that I have ever seen!
1 2 >