CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Grave Danger (1)

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 19, 2005 on CBS

• What a great display of emotion across the board!!!

CSI has always been about the cases. Within each episode, though, we learn a little more about the characters who devote a substantial amount of their lives on examining evidence and finding the "truth." With this episode, we begin to see just how involved these characters are with one another, just how much they have invested in both their work and personal relationships. The pain on their faces...the pressure they felt to find him. What stands out, though, as it should is the amazing performance by Eads. I was impressed from beginning to end with his portrayal of Nick going through those five stages, from denial to anger to acceptance. The fear...I could feel it off the television screen. He has showcased his abilities on this show and has presented the audience with an empathetic Nick but here we see his range grow wider. Let's also say that Tarantino did a great job with this two parter. Although you knew a main character wouldn't be killed off (there was no contract talk), suspense was key throughout the two-parter.